1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I blame him for completely botching the 4th and goal situation and I blame him for failing to get the first down that led to the fg attempt.

When an offense works the QB gets nearly all the praise, thus they have to catch some of the heat when the offense is consistently pathetic.

2. showa13

showa13 Member

Here it is. The slight hesitation from Deshaun tells me that there was nothing unintentional about that play. It was for the TE. While Deshaun wasn’t great today, that was a good throw.

3. showa13

showa13 Member

Yes, let’s blame Deshaun for botching a incredibly bad play call that everyone saw coming. Let’s blame Deshaun for being put into a no-win situation by Tim Kelly and being forced to run behind the trash that is the interior Texans OL(never mind the drop from Cobb the previous play).

It’s ok to criticize Deshaun when he deserves it, and he deserved it in the first half and at points during the second but let’s not grasp for straws and fault him for things he has minimal control over.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He has the ability to change plays at the line, he has the ability to see the designed run isn't there and buy time for a pass.

I'm not directly related to Watson so I'm not going to go out of my way to make excuses for him. He's the QB, in the end it's on him.

Elite QBs don't need people to make excuses for them, Watson seems to need it all the time...

Hell the one td pass this game was an accident that should have been a pick in the end zone. I think it's time we're honest about his shortcomings.

Will he eventually become the QB some think he is? Perhaps, he has the physical talent for it, he's just not there yet and pretending he is IMO isn't productive.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

In the mean time..... Hopkins with the hail marry catch over 3 defenders for the win.

F u bob

desihooper and Bobbythegreat like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow!!! I just saw the Hopkins catch!!

7. showa13

showa13 Member

Yes, the one TD pass he threw would’ve been picked if the TE, who the ball was intended for, wasn’t there, hence why he threw the ball to the TE. And the 4th down play doesn’t happen if Cobb doesn’t drop a TD, but I guess that’s Deshaun’s fault that his WR dropped a pass that hit his hands.

I’ve never said he doesn’t have his faults. I would say the vast majority of his hits and sacks this year fall on him(OL pass pro has been a lot better) and he’s becoming more inconsistent but bashing him for the sake of it isn’t productive

8. showa13

showa13 Member

Pain, just straight pain

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Meanwhile...Brady throws passes that his receivers have to adjust to (similar to the TD last week to Fuller) and Brady is praised to high heaven for anticipating what the receiver will be able to do.

Red.Glare likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That wasn't who the pass was intended for, the TE had to reach back to bail Watson out to prevent the interception. It was clearly intended for Fuller and if not for the defender who would easily intercept it before it got there, it would have been a perfect pass to the WR.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This team is a ****ing embarrassment.

13. showa13

showa13 Member

Shhh, you’ll ruin narratives people have

14. bobrek

@Bobbythegreat

Here you go. I thought you may want to go to this tweet and offer your perspective.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It shows what I described, a pass intended for Fuller, intercepted by Brown.

16. dookiester

dookiester Member

Lol you're lost dude. fuller was actually further downfield than pharaoh, meaning he would have had to reach even further back to grab it than pharaoh. Stop trying to analyze football, you don't have the skillset for it.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  17. bobrek

So... go comment on the tweet.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, he was further down field but to the outside of the TE, it would have been a perfect throw to Fuller, it just never would have made it there due to being intercepted.

I honestly don't get why you guys do these mental gymnastics making excuses for Watson when he messes up, I can't imagine you guys doing so for any other QB.

Is it that you don't think he's good enough to survive scrutiny for his mistakes so you have to pretend he doesn't make them?

Either way, it doesn't matter, I'm going to continue praising him when he does well and criticizing him when he messes up.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Our WRs are short, and they are not getting separation and we ignore the TE for the most part, our best weapons are TEs and we don't use them, enough.

And we should have kicked that FG at the beginning down 3-0 that was stupid to go for it from the 2.

DD

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

delete. wrong thread.