1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If we deal with NY it should be sending Russ to Charlotte.

Trade #3 for #8 and Mitch and a future first or Frank.

Trade #8 for Jrue.

I've been shouting this from the roof top since the Russ to NY rumor started.

saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am skeptical the Rockets could get #3 from Charlotte or #8 from NY.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think KOC knows more than anyone on Twitter does.

If he says the are considering it, they are.

https://tradenba.com/trades/2DqChEiny

Knicks have to give up #8 and Mitch or I'm not picking up the phone until they do. They can stay bad.

Pelicans take on less salary, but get a lesser player. Maybe some NG from the Knicks like Ellington or Portis change hands.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

0% chance you get 8 AND Robinson for Westbrook. You would be lucky to get 8, imo.

Likely that Westbrook doesn't get traded.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

this is a historically bad draft. If you can’t get Clint Capela 2.0 and mid lottery player for a superstar albeit on a bad contract, you don’t trade said superstar.

it’s not a hard decision. I agree Twitter says no. You need to realize that twitter is against us man. I know you love Reddit and Twitter. They think the Rockets will get bent over. They have no clue.

You and a lot of other Rockets fans who are engrained on that app have been convinced into into undervaluing every asset on the Rockets. Never forget what we got for Chase Buddinger who was objectively mediocre or what we gave for Battier.

Never forget what we gave up for CP3 and what we gave up to dump CP3 and how much we all regretted that trade immediately. Weird stuff happens it’s not black and white.

#525 treyk3, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I love Reddit? I never go on it. I do enjoy using twitter but I don't blindly believe everything on there. You say I am undervaluing assets but I think you are over valuing them at the same time. There is probably room in the middle there.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You deserve a lot of credit for this idea. I have a gut feeling that Harden will like playing along with Jrue and vice versa.

treyk3 likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

lol I like Reddit, assumed you did. Hell yea I overrate the assets! No doubt. I can see Toyota Center from my House. I’m attached to this team. The truth exists in the middle.

D-rock likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which will be the upcoming season.

We are talking about last year, specifically in response to “we should have thrown Bruno in the fire”. Obviously he has potential, no one is denying that. It is plausible that he could improve and be useful. As of last year, NAH SON. Thabo still better.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thabo didn’t even go to the bubble lol. He was fine before the hiatus.

Bruno and Tyson were the only big bodies in the bubble. Neither got a chance.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Seriously. He was better while eating chips at home.

Tyson can’t hang on an NBA court in the playoffs either, especially with Westbrook on the floor.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

these are NBA highlights from a year before last.

Do you really not think he could have helped us in the 8 seeding games versus letting Russ play minutes to get hurt?

edit: I remember November of last year when he clearly outplayed Clint when they shared the court. I was in shock watching how much better he looked than CC. I like him but didn't expect this. Bruno got hurt last year and the Grizzlies have great front court players. He never got back in a groove on that team. You are really underrating him and I hope to everything that Stone gets him locked in on a prove it deal.

#532 treyk3, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    D-rock, Dankstronaut and RudyTBag like this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I’m really warming to the idea of Ben Simmons. He hasn’t really had a chance to be THE MAN. I’d love to see him on a team where he controls all tempo, because he is such a wonderful passer at 6-10. Also an A+ Defender.

If we traded Harden for Simmons, I wonder what kind of team we could put around Simmons/Covington... Lots of shooters please.

joshuaao and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I hope he figures it one day. He is undoubtedly gifted, almost to an absurd degree. Anthony Randolph used to be that guy for me.

fattz and treyk3 like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Randolph was that guy for me too lol. I fall for this **** every time.

fattz and RudyTBag like this.
  16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Anyone who played the NBA 2k series knows that Anthony Randolph and Terrance Williams were the best characters of all time.

RudyTBag, fattz and treyk3 like this.
  17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

oops edit: disregard

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Mitchell Robinson is insane in 2k21. Absolutely cheap. It's why Twitter thinks he's the best player in the NBA. He moves like a guard and puts back everything.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. lionaire

lionaire Member