1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pence is no better. He's Trump's second Stepford Wife.

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We’re talking a very low bar here. Pence was a governor and in his own dealings appears to respect the norms of governance. Also he has his own impetus to see things handled well so he has a chance at future office apart from Trump.

RayRay10, deb4rockets and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He's still a Maskless Covid spreading fool who has no business being part of the Covid response team. Then again, most of the GOP are just as selfishly stupid.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  5. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

North Dakota going for the mask after 8% of population has tested positive. I thought they were just going for straight herd. Oh well, let's see if South Dakota asks for masks next...they are at 7%.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You never know if something's fake, but she's using the exact language nurses would use. (I have a bunch in my family, including one who works even now in a COVID ward.)

RayRay10, Reeko and deb4rockets like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hope it's not like that in other Covid wards.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

here’s an article that was written about it

A traveling registered nurse is calling out University Medical Center claiming the hospital is not doing enough to save lives. Her criticism aimed at UMC was mainly directed at doctors, claiming some won't tend to Covid-19 positive patients.

"We as nurses, it's ok for us to be exposed but you as doctors, you do not even come in there," Lawanna Rivers said. "You can't get exposed but we can, and y'all are the ones making all the money."

Rivers also makes claim that UMC does not do enough to help critical patients. Rivers makes reference to patients coding, and UMC not having a stringent enough CPR procedure.

"This hospitals policy was they only get three rounds of CPR which was only six minutes, this out of all the codes we had, there is not a single patient that made it," Rivers said.

Rivers believes UMC is not treating patients aggressively enough to increase their survival rate, even alleging preferential treatment to a doctor's wife led to the patient surviving.

"If those doctors there would aggressively treat those patients from the beginning a lot more would make it," Rivers said. "The nurse that orientated me had one patient she was called the 'VIP' patient, she was a doctor's wife. And when I say they pulled out all the stops for that woman, it was nothing that they didn't do for that woman and guess what she was the one patient that made it out of that ICU alive."

Along with the long hours for staff, and the capacity issues all area hospitals are dealing with, Rivers felt an added pressure speaking to family members asking about patients.

"To have the families call you night after night after night for an update, like anything was going to be different was horrific," Rivers said. "To know that the only way that those patients was coming out of that pit was in a body bag, I am not ok from an emotional mental standpoint."

ABC-7 reached out to UMC for a response to these allegations, they issued the following statement.

"After watching the video, while we cannot fully verify the events
    expressed, we empathize and sympathize with the difficult, physical and
    emotional toll that this pandemic takes on thousands of healthcare workers
    here and throughout our country. This particular travel nurse was at UMC
    briefly to help El Paso confront the surge of Covid-19 patients."

RayRay10, mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I was wondering if anybody else noticed how much Mike Pence looks like someone who isn't all there...;)

RayRay10, deb4rockets and B-Bob like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What if he's just wearing human skin, and that's why he has so few facial expressions, (and why a fly landed on him and he didn't notice)? :D

12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...oh you're good.

...you're really good...;)

T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

One of my neighbors is a nurse who was in an ICU room dealing with Covid patients and she had to leave because the number of people dying on her shift was too much for her. She transferred to a different department within the hospital and took a pay cut because the money was not worth the stress of dealing with these patients. She knew they were going to die and they did. It's hard to describe how sad of a situation this is. Wear a ****ing mask.

superfob, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I've come to believe, after watching the GOP and MAGA supporters for far too long, that MAGA stands for

Mental Aptitude Gone Awry

T_Man, RayRay10, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

South Dakota nurse

B-Bob, No Worries, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

18. PeppermintCandy

True heroes. Sincerely.

B-Bob, Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump failed our country in his Coronavirus response.

Two months ago we had an average of 37,685 new cases a day. We are now averaging 152,136 new cases a day. He threw in the towel months ago, putting his head in the sand, and taking no National stance to help stop the spread.

His focus has been on opening up, spreading lies and propaganda, & deflecting from the truth. It's truly disgusting how little he cares. He made that quite obvious touting his no mask look. He and his family members all pranced around different parts of the country for months holding rallies and fundraisers with little to no social distancing or masks. Trump, his family, and the GOP are the Covid spreading Maskless fools. It's so heartbreaking how little the care about all those people suffering or dead.

Here's a summary from the extended version link below.

March 5

“The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    April 6
    “LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!”
    April 6
    U.S. death toll passes 10,000
    April 29

“It’s gonna go away, this is going to go away.”
    May 5
    U.S. death toll passes 70,000
    May 9

“This is going to go away without a vaccine.”
    May 29
    “We will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization”
    June 6
    U.S death toll passes 110,000
    June 18

“And it is dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good.”
    June 23
    "It's going away,"
    July 1
    “I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus.” “I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of disappear, I hope.”
    July 6
    U.S. death toll passes 130,000
    July 21

"You will never hear this on the Fake News concerning the China Virus, but by comparison to most other countries, who are suffering greatly, we are doing very well - and we have done things that few other countries could have done!”
    July 28
    U.S. death toll passes 150,000
    August 3

OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!!”
    “Right now I think it’s under control.”
    August 5
    “It will go away like things go away”
    August 6
    U.S. death toll passes 160,000
    August 26

U.S. death toll passes 180,000
    August 31

"We've done a great job in Covid but we don't get the credit."
    September 10
    “I think that we've probably done the best job of any country”
    September 19
    U.S. death toll passes 200,000
    September 21

"We're rounding the corner," "With or without a vaccine. They hate when I say that but that's the way it is. ... We've done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job, a phenomenal job.
    September 23
    "I think we’re rounding the turn very much."
    October 5
    U.S. death toll passes 210,000
    “Don’t be afraid of Covid.”
    October 19
    U.S. death toll passes 220,000
    "People are saying whatever. Just leave us alone. They’re tired of it. People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots...Fauci is a nice guy. He’s been here for 500 years."

"They are getting tired of the pandemic, aren't they? You turn on CNN, that's all they cover. 'Covid, Covid, Pandemic, Covid, Covid.' You know why? They're trying to talk everybody out of voting. People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards."
    October 22
    "We are rounding the turn (on coronavirus). We are rounding the corner.”

“Turn on television: ‘covid, covid, covid, covid, covid.’ A plane goes down, 500 people dead, they don’t talk about it — ‘covid, covid, covid, covid,’ “By the way, on November 4th, you won’t hear about it anymore.”
    October 27
    "November 4th. On November 4th, you’ll hear, “It’s getting better. It’s getting better.” You watch. No, no, they’re doing heavy COVID
    November 1
    U.S. death toll passes 230,000
    November 2

“We have more Cases because we have more Testing!”
    November 10
    U.S. death toll passes 240,000
    November 15
    (
    Worldometer.com shows our death toll at 251,901)

https://doggett.house.gov/media-center/blog-posts/timeline-trump-s-coronavirus-responses

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As the loser-in-chief is focused on keeping the presidency after taking a historical beating... almost 2,000 "prople" have died.

deb4rockets likes this.