1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Probably Monday.

2. realonemo

realonemo Member

Clippers package is terrible. Beverly is injury prone as hell and Lou stinks in the playoffs every year. I like Zubac tho.

clos4life, D-rock and saleem like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Austin Rivers is a little weenie b****.

So excited for us to drop his soft ass, complaining about defending tall guys while Tucker and Harden put their noses in there night after night.

Cut his ass and sign a knife fighter. Someone not scared to get popped in the nose. Bev > Austine every single day of the week.

D-rock likes this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Rivers was a minimum guy off the bench and was fine. I can't be bitter about him.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, he is a minimum guy off the bench, 100%.

That said, I don’t like his diva’ish tendencies to air out team laundry publicly.

D-rock likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hawks insider keeps talking about a trade involving the Pacers and a third team that would be a "mega deal"

I really hope if we trade Russ it's to Indy for Turner and Brogdon. It makes us better and more well rounded now. It also makes Vic stay in Indy long term which is something you need to factor.

Brogdon/Warren/ Turner/Sabonis long term with Oladipo walking or being traded for scraps or Russ/Warren/Sabonis/Oladipo long term? I think the latter is better personally.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

can you post the link

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/?do=findComment&comment=1040483

fckbandwagons and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NBAsupes says this about the Rockets
    cc @Nook

----
    https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/?do=findComment&comment=1040608

It must be frustrating to be a Rockets fan right now. Everyone is dying to break them up except the management and ownership who's wants to keep them together. I know they want to win and they are willing to make moves but it's going to be hard. Outside of Westbrook and depending on who you ask when it comes to Westbrook, they have NO bad contracts. Everyone is worth what they are getting paid there but it's not enough. You can't have two Supermax guys on your salary cap. Those guys have to equal two Hardens, not one Harden. It's their killer unless you are willing to pay the LT which they are their owner is telling people behind the scenes but for who and who is available.

They are in a tough situation and that Westbrook trade was a nail in the coffin. You don't know how pissed the org is at Russell right now. They felt he would be much better than this on and off the court. He was class in OKC is what they were saying but OKC was built around him. Houston is built around James. That's a major issue because James wants everyone around him to stand around playing Harden ball. That only works with role players and finishers and none of them enjoy it either but they don't realize, they are pretty garbage otherwise and Harden is keeping them in this league.

Its tough because there is literally no interest in a Harden trade other than from Harden people who are like, if he is traded, he needs to go to a Brooklyn like team, like why the hell would Houston who have no future assets do that.

He just confirmed that Houston isn't likely to trade anyone but will look to see how they can win with what they have and move guys who make sense for a chance to win it all but they overestimated this Westbrook-Harden union who neither one of them love as much either. Neither realizes how much their salary is a damn killer building block wise and they should have never agreed to trade future 1sts with limited protections but Harden wanted CP3 gone that bad so here we are.

A lot of this is on outside fans of Basketball blaming Harden for all of this is what Houston's people are saying. It's going to be tough, if Houston doesn't figure it out by the mid season, I can see them Westbrook and going with role players to see if it's enough before having to accept the obvious.

If they still had their assets of the future and there was a AD or a stronger PG13 package available, I think they would considered but they are overly frustrated by the offers.

My guess, Morey eventually gets what he wants in 2021. No one else has close to their key pieces and no one has a war chest of assets with a contending team. Its tough because they would literally need to flip him for a lot of assets to a bad team as Simmons would just be a walking timebomb in Houston.

#469 Deuce, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  10. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Is he saying Simmons would be trying to force his way out of here if we traded for him?

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sounds that way. I mean, the Rockets would be a dumpster fire. Why would he want to stay? Also, Simmons is a Klutch client.

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  12. realonemo

realonemo Member

The nuggets have a ton of assets.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That sounds really shitty lol.

Simmons is 24 and is locked up for 5 seasons...what world do we live in where a 24 year old locked up on a max for half a decade can force his way from a team?? Jesus.

Plus

Westbrook
    Gordon
    Covington
    Tucker
    Simmons

Is actually still a team that could still make the 8th or 7th seed.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Route Simmons to OKC and get our picks back.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm trading gordon for somebody else.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trading Gordon doesn't make sense when his value is negative. Like Westbrook, his ass can stay here until he plays well enough to get traded.

Harden, Tucker for Simmons, Scott, Thybulle, Milton, #21, #34, 2025 1st, 2027 1st

Sign Baynes with our MLE, he's an Aussie like Ben and will keep him from "exploding".

Westbrook / Mac
    Gordon / Milton
    Covington / Thybulle
    Simmons / Scott
    Baynes

Shoot for the playoffs, sell off WB, Gordon, Covington if/when legitimately good offers are made, no need to rush them out for the sake of it at our expense.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

What does he mean in that first sentence? Does this mean there are no teams who have an interest in Harden?

Also there is no way this dude has a source in our organization that he knows for a fact that Harden wants everyone to "stand around." Like how much has this dude even gotten right? How much validity is there to what this dude is saying?

18. Chamillionaire

I think he means it would be hard for us to trade Harden to a team he wants to join because teams like that wouldn't be able to send us back what we want. Teams like the Nets aren't going to trade KD for Harden and probably wouldn't/couldn't trade Irving either. We would be stuck with their poo poo platter. We'd need an all-star level player, a young player with potential and multiple picks. Most contending teams aren't willing to trade that for Harden, understandably.

I don't know how much he knows, but I'm sure he's a tier above brabra and the likes.
    If we're gonna blow this thing up, we'd better get more than what OKC got for PG13. I mean multiple 1sts and swaps plus young players.

HP3 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hell no.

Westbrook would have to be traded in this scenario.

But these are all FOS musings. In what sane reality would Harden be traded BEFORE Russ.

Sam Presti already showed the world how stupid it was the first time around.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Philly only wishes it could be the "dumpster" fire that Houston has been.

Simmons would love Houston. Especially if he had his buds like Thybulle, Bolden or Broekhoff around as well.

Rudyc281 and ApacheWarrior like this.