1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dont count out CLE and Kevin Love for a Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. raining threes

How long is Love's contract?

If I could get KPJ out of the deal I would take Love's contract.

I really like KPJ's game though.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is actually a pretty underrated/overlooked point

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Love’s production at his age and contract along with declining defense, isn’t going to be useful for us. Three huge contracts will paralyze our future.

4. saleem

True, but it became inevitable because of poor decisions by ownership and MDA mostly. Morey was partly to blame too.

5. rockets13champs

J
    charlotte is probably the lone dumb team rn

Rudyc281, D-rock and RocketsSZN like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who’s the 3rd huge contract?

What decline? Love has been averaging 17&10 for the last 5 years?

Love is the same age as WB, and his contract is 15 mill per less.

Look, Love will not make us a championship team, if we still had CP and Clint then maybe Love could make us a championship team. Our future is paralyzed by our **** owner.

WB is complete trash that will never fit off ball next to Harden. I’d much rather have Love.

Many of you are completely delusional about WBs value, we’d be lucky to get out from him.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  7. saleem

KPJ is the only real bright spot with them , I admit. Love’s contact expires in 2023. I wouldn’t do that.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  8. saleem

I’m not saying WB has much value at all, but what can Love and Harden do, if the Cavs agree to take him off our hands?

9. saleem

More power to MJ then!

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Be a 2nd round exit like we are right now. We would still need another piece, moving WB won’t fix that, he doesn’t have the value to fix it.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Then why make the trade if it doesn’t move the needle at all? I don’t think WB has asked for a trade. At least not yet

12. HardenVolumeOne

love at this point in his career is a horrible defender and nothing but a grossly overpaid stretch 4

topfive and D-rock like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He’s overpaid by about 15 million per, WBs overpaid by about 20 million per, Love is a horrible defender, WB is a horrible shooter. What’s the point?

Love is the better fit with Harden. And comparing love to two completely different players that aren’t half as productive just because they are all white is whack. Zeller is a traditional center, Muscala averaged 4 points and 2 boards last season.

Love would bring shooting, and most importantly rebounding, our team can’t do **** if it can’t get a rebound. I’m not crazy about Love, I’m just saying WB is a dumpster fire and getting Love for him would be fine IMO.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Because WB asked for a trade...it’s been reported by Shams/Woj/Stein bro, not to be mean or anything but you’d be in denial to think he didn’t ask for a trade. The thing that he disputed was not wanting to play with Harden, he never disputed wanting a trade.

Plus, Love is a better fit with Harden. WB playing off ball is a terrible fit, Rockets won’t have to do small ball anymore, we won’t have to find a special stretch 5, Harden can’t get doubles team while leaving WB wide open on the 3PT line, the team would gel much better.

raining threes likes this.
  15. caneks

caneks Rookie

are rockets so desperate? I won't think for 1 sec even CLE send 3 top one picks for the next three years.

as long as rockets pay him top money, he will be here. who cares wins?

#255 caneks, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kevin Love as your #2, that'll get it done! Is Chris Bosh cleared to play too? Let's get a bunch of guys 5 years too late to surround Harden with.

Rudyc281, topfive and D-rock like this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Don't get me wrong. I like Love and think he'd fit great, and can be your 3rd best player on a legit contender or championship team still, but WB/Love swap only sets us back with no chance of getting a true #2 next to Harden. Love is the guy you get after you swap WB with a better fitting #2 Star next to Harden, by moving Tucker/Gordon type of players IMO.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. raining threes

KPJ can develop into the #2 star. IMHO

Then you would still have House/Gordon Tucker to trade to get your Center. Or you could just sign a guy like M. Leonard with the MLE and keep Gordon/Tucker/House to come off of the bench.

I would look to trade House for a serviceable PG if they got Love/MPJ. I would also ask for a 2nd rd pick from the Cavs in a trade so I could hopefully get a young cheap piece to develop.

19. saleem

I would rather get cap relief with Cody plus Batum plus a filler for WB's remaining contract. Harden won't win with Love and a 3rd piece for EG. Trade Harden for Simmons ( if he is fit) plus Horford and a filler after that. Try to dump Horford for expirings by the trading deadline. EG's contract for expirings might be more palatable after the end of this upcoming season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

that’s better if we rebuild for sure, but if we keep Harden, getting Love over Batum/Rozier is an easy choice.