1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

11/13 Recap of Simmons & Russillo Pods

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 13BeardsIN1, Nov 13, 2020.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Isn’t this the exact scenario on 2k19 where the owner forces his son on the GM in MyPlayer mode.

holy $€!+. This is real life for us

apollo33 likes this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Simmons is not a PG.

Get Simmons away from Embiid and it opens up his whole game.
    Ben is a great passer w/elite court vision..Board crasher deluxe..He's a monster defensively (can D up 1-5)...incredible handles for a guy his size. Big time finisher....
    Point forward and Power forward..
    High post..wing...up top...PnR
    I'll say it again.
    He's got a LITTLE bit of Magic and a smidgeon of the Mailman.

Then, assume we are getting the equivalent of a #1 overall pick with him...
    Now, that could be broken up into 3-4 #1's in the 3-12 range.

It sounds as if it's a moot point though now that James is definitely staying with no rebuild.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Underestimate Patrick at your peril.

He is the future.

blahblehblah likes this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Unleash P-t***!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-rock likes this.
  5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

the ceiling is through the roof !

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

And through the floor, Patrick doesn't like to be constrained by traditional metaphors.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

The idea of trading Harden to pick up a bunch of assets/get younger and keeping Russ to stay somewhat competitive isn't completely crazy, though not my preference.

Making a trade for Simmons and keeping Russ would be one of the worst trade ideas of all time though.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Remember what the most prolific scoring duo in the history of NBA is capable of when they are both clicking.

Just need to dump salary to sign Ibaka now.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Leon Rose: Hello is this the Houston Rockets? I'm calling to inquire about Russe....

Rockets line:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#49 lakersuck2, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

When this is over, we're going to find out that, contrary to Tilman's complaint, CP's extension wasn't the worst contract signed by the Rockets. The worst contract was Morey's, which — because Morey is smart about contracts, and Tilman isn't — apparently allowed Morey to leave in the middle of the deal and immediately become president of a competing franchise.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I have heard this from close associates of Tilman myself. I have zero inkling of his involvement with the initial Russ trade, but he’s definitely being groomed for the drivers seat.

D-rock likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Simmons always trying to make the Rockets bad. Trade Harden and keep Westbrook.

Let us send Westbrook to Boston and see if Simmons feels the same way. Build around Westbro

D-rock likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh hayell no. Harden is a 5 star player. Westbrook is a 2 star player not worth his cap space. You either trade Russ, neither or both, in that order. Repeating what failed repeatedly in OKC would be the dumbest possible option.

YOLO and HP3 like this.
  14. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Tillman Fertitta is Charles Dolan. Patrick Fertitta is James Dolan. Get read for 4 decades of suck.

smoothie and napalm06 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ben Simmons is a point. That's his position with 76ers right now, they have no point GUARD.

If you want to call him Point Forward instead of Guard, that's fine too.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The current 2 time MVP is a PF but is the primary playmaker. "Moving" Ben to PF or C is not about changing his game at all, he's highly effective running a team. The goal would be to play more perimeter guys around him to open the floor up so that he could be a consistent 20/10 threat.

On offense you play Ben, 3 shooters, and a big like Myles Turner that can play inside and outside. Even though it's technically 4 "smalls", we would be bigger than most teams. On defense, Ben is 6'10 and has no problem containing NBA forwards.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ben excels in transition, like Russ. Attacking rim and kicking it out. Gets to rim easier than Russ due to his length and strength.

Works best with cutters and motion in half court.

But needs shooters around him, would be perfect next to Harden.

And Ben is elite defensively, especially when he is locked in. Rockets defensive focus in the bubble and most of playoffs was intensity personified. Simmons would thrive in this environment.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

my issues with ben in a harden trade is that he's difficult to build around (like rus) and he's already 24 turning 25 this year. assume the rebuilding plan is to trade rus and harden and tank through '22 and '23 since we have our own picks. by then Simmons is 27-28? our two new rookies are 19-20? the timelines don't add up. I'd rather hero/robinson from the heat if we trade harden.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would not trade Harden for Russ. Russ trade would be multiple with Russ to 3rd team and Ben coming to Houston.

Need to play Ben WITH Harden.

Unless Harden absolutely demands a trade then and only then would I trade Harden.

For example:

LAC: Russ, Richardson
    PHI: CP3, PG13
    OKC: Tobias, House + 76ers FRP
    HOU: Simmons, Thybulle

Morey has his big 3 with Paul and George flanking Embiid.

Kawhi gets his superstar PG.

Thunder get young players and a pick for their war chest.

Rockets get much longer and younger with 6'10 version of Russ - truly a Russ/Clint hybrid

6'5 Harden
    6'5 Thybulle
    6'7 RoCo
    6'10 Simmons
    MLE (Ibaka, Wood, Baynes, Portis, Turner, Bamba, etc.)

Or play small with EGo at 2 guard and Simmons at the 5.

#59 D-rock, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can easily imagine Simmons playing with Harden. I can't imagine trading Harden to get Simmons. I can't imagine Simmons playing with Westbrook. If we could get rid of Westbrook and other pieces, keeping Harden and somehow end up with Simmons? Oh yeah. Why on earth would Morey deal him? He won't, unless it's for James and then you're back to square one. Harden and Simmons is a great fantasy, though. They would be one hell of a pair, in my opinion.