1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Russ claims recent reports fabricated on IG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 13, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

SAS is full of ****.

Per usual.

3. Theking

Theking Member

Continually ****en wrong but gets paid to talk bullshit all day, total clown.

RocketRed84, saleem, dkoune and 5 others like this.
  4. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

players are always gonna deny they want out even when they do. it's a pr move. this is good for us bc it theoretically raises his trade value (or at least keeps it from tanking) since he's not openly demanding to be dealt.

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

From what I looked at on RealGM, our picks owed have protections on them. So as long as we are complete trash we can keep our picks lol. I think our future picks being gone is a little overblown.

2021: Protected 1-4
    2022: Still Hold
    2023: Still Hold
    2024: Protected 1-4
    2025: Protected 1-10
    2026: Protected 1-4

c1utchfan925, joshuaao, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  6. TheSource

TheSource Member

With him denying it feels like they're both going to see what the Rockets do in free agency and then decide if they want out.

7. PWR

PWR Member

Meh, I figured as much...either way I like the media putting pressure on the team. I hope more crap is spewed. Keep putting pressure on them. The funny thing is that if our $40 mil man can just learn to shoot a simple 3 pointer, most of our issues are solved

8. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Russ don’t want to end up in Charlotte

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He is not Paul George. Why ask for a trade to a certain place and then proceed to ask for a trade from there? Never not once made any sense to me. Even if he did request a trade Russ and Houston don't have to make a move for another 2 years. We are going for it now. Media per usual did the same thing last off season, they didn't expect us to actually find a deal for Paul, not only that but to actually get Westbrook in return.. They figure "what the hell let's do it again it worked last time." I bet Dwight has been telling Bron a lot of juicy details. Bron has been asking Westbrook to play for them (even though it's impossible) then suddenly releases misinformation in hopes to push the narrative one way or the other hoping Rockets would jump the gun and start making moves without asking questions. If we were really bad like everybody claims they wouldn't be trying this hard.

Is this where I say "I TOLD YOU SO?"

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I take it as he has no problem playing with Harden, but he still wants out.

11. riko

riko Member

I don’t think it’s personal it’s just Russ wants his own team and show

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This...he has no beef with the Beard but I think they both know that if they stay together the team is pretty much unable to surround them with a team that can contend with the salary they both make.

Sanity2disChaos, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Or Harden told him I’m leaving soon so you better start jumping off the sinking ship as well

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I feel like it’s my birthday too! I love good Rockets news!!!

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

fukkin a smith would be great for trump's new trustworthy news network

Dacamel, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Just trying to cover his ass piece.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Little does Hardhead know, as soon as he jumps off, the ship levels off and floats just fine.

Because he's the problem.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. Caprah

Caprah Member

I hope we get rid of this dumbass.. he is borderline Jeremy lin dumb as a playa.. ok no one is bad as lin.. I shouldn’t disrespect Russ like that

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Very possible, I just don't see how you came to that conclusion. It could be he just wants to bring the ball up. Russ could have had his own team before he came here. They literally gave him the option on where he wanted to go. I guess mission accomplished though, because now if he asked for a trade or not. We are going to be debating this the entirety of Russ's contract. If he were to ask for a trade that would be ideal, IT WOULD BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. We are operating under the worse case scenario. Him and Harden are here to stay for the foreseeable future.