1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am glad that maybe I can stop trying to like Westbrook. It never worked too well for me in the first place. Back to Westbrick. Sounds easier and better.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

So apparently it's a case of Harden and Westbrook not wanting to play together anymore. That's fine and all, but why did it need this much drama? Someone or several people are out to get the Rockets and might be because of some serious grudges towards Tilman. He's really the biggest culprit here. We are officially the Knicks of the West. Next time NBA / the league / board, try to not to approve a sale to an owner who needs loans and work things around to barely be able to afford it.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Reason Why Russell Westbrook Wants To Be Traded

Westbrook has informed team officials that he has been uneasy about the team’s accountability and culture, and wants to join a team where he can have a role similar to his prior, floor-general role in Oklahoma City.

Why does Westbrook want out?

Kelly Iko, Rockets beat writer: Does the NBA ever sleep? Westbrook has made it clear that he wants out of Houston, but why? It could be a number of things: Westbrook not trusting Houston’s commitment to winning with the departures of Mike D’Antoni and Daryl Morey, the culture he was added to, or perhaps just not being able to establish a long-term on-court fit with his good friend, Harden. Whatever the reason is, Westbrook has clearly stepped out onto the ledge and the clock is ticking on both his next destination and the Rockets’ upcoming season.

Russ never felt comfortable in Houston, no matter how hard he tried. He knew that was Harden’s team and even though they tried to work things out for the team’s sake, it never worked. The small-ball lineup didn’t work for them, either, so this was something expected for the Rockets. Now new head coach Stephen Silas will have more things to do with Russ’ departure.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/11/12/the-reason-why-russell-westbrook-wants-to-be-traded/

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Apparently Russ had problems with ownership, MDA, now Silas and some teammates as well not just Harden.

Similarly with Carmelo, they just added someone for the sake of adding someone, without ever questioning the downside.

Both Russ and Carmelo never really studied the Rockets and how they played before they arrived.

#NonStudents Of the Game

#424 daywalker02, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

We are not getting high draft picks for Russell Westbrook.

all I’m hoping for is some serviceable role players

Bo6, JoeBarelyCares, JW86 and 4 others like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SURREAL to see people blaming James right now. The dude was sublime on both ends this year. I can't even believe it.

Do you guys watch the Houston Rockets? I'd understand some idiot commentators, but Jesus guys...

Bo6, Emajam&hardle, D-rock and 9 others like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In stone we trust

BlastOff and Reeko like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

hopefully he speaks better and sounds more convincing on the phone than he did in that press conference :oops:

9. Big Fuzz

Big Fuzz Member

I just wonder how Harden takes it if we go after draft picks and expirings for Westbrook?

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Harden generates revenue for the team. TF could slice up the Harden contract for things like picks and expiring contracts. The revenue lost from pissing off your fan base is too great. Again, a favored team Harden wants to be part of is not going to give up their best to get Harden this year given the COVID situation. While there are small market teams that would take Harden for a more generous offer, Harden will make it clear he will not resign. Harden doesnt want to leave a poor situation for another poor situation. Its in everyones best interest to keep Harden in Houston.

Westbrook .... dump him ASAP.

Our 2021 pick is top 4 protected. Its highly unlikely we will be bottom 4 next year even if the team dumps Harden. It makes more sense to blow up the team next year.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

This article pretty much it’s nothing personal between just the two just a wrong fit

ElPigto and D-rock like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree, and I think that's what Tilman will eventually decide. Harden will be unhappy after this year and will let it be known he'd be okay with a trade. Tilman will use that as his "Hey, he ASKED me to trade him!" excuse. Westbrook will likely already be gone at that point. So then Tilman can say that this is HIS team, not Morey's (especially since Stone was here before Morey arrived).

And we're all looking forward to a 100% Tilman Fertitta version of the Rockets, right?

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What did you do emulating Westbrook, might I ask?

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The two are close friends. I don’t buy into any of the bullshit about them not liking one another anymore. It was a weird stylistic fit from the jump. I’m sure they are cool. They both just want out of this dumpster.

D-rock likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Yep I don’t buy the Shams Harden is in company line that he is repeating. To me it’s pretty obvious something is up.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I like Russ but his playoff performance was negative.. and it wasn't coaching fault. He was flat out bad. Who will take Russ and for or what? I don't think we can get much back.

What concerns me most is how Harden feel about everything. You cant' Ignore the Team Captains thoughts if you want things to somewhat work out.

The Russ deal and moving Capela were really bad moves.

D-rock likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I don’t know how legit

HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Rockets had problems with Westbrook as well. Couldnt hit jumpers! So the feeling is mutual.

D-rock, daywalker02 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

They have nothing of value in return.

Vivi and House Rockets like this.
  20. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

If he wants out and Hornets are the destination I would consider:

Batum/Graham/McDaniels/ 2020 #3 pick.