1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from harden's POV though he was carrying both these guys -- CP3 and russ were injured nonstop as rockets. harden was keeping this team afloat and in the playoff picture, and then when they were playing he's taking up 2-3 defenders and these guys can't even beat their man

BMoney, Emajam&hardle and Plowman like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

lol today's RW's birthday; let's see what happens

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ah, it's so funny, and very sad...

4. Chamillionaire

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/#comments

What's crazy is Houston would like to do the Westbrook-LAC deal. They feel like it would make them a better team after the fact. I think it would too. Lou Will, Pat Bev, Zubac, and Kabengele is a no brainer for Houston. On top of that, the Horford/Thybulle deal is in still works. I don't like it for LAC. I can say that much. The vibe my guy is getting, LAC FO doesn't like it as much either.

Almost forgot but he mentioned Houston has interest in Griffin/Kennard from DET for Gordon/Tucker deal as well. Not that DET has interest, just that HOU is also looking into that possible deal. HOU is looking everywhere, that's facts.

JoeBarelyCares, Amel, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah I’m hoping they can pull off some sort of miracle and bring in Jrue Holiday. More than likely though, we will probably get Payton or Dennis Smith Jr from the Knicks.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Maybe as a gift we send him back to OKC...

...I think our only hope if gaining draft picks is if they update the Stepien rule to the Tilman rule.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Trade WB to Toronto for VanVleet and Ibaka.

Emajam&hardle likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Tim McMahon: No trade request been made by Russ . Tim is pretty much teams espn beat writer.

#329 riko, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    joshuaao likes this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Has Westbrook talked about Harden's "fat butt" yet?

Sanctity likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

SAS: This is not opinion. I’m telling you what I’ve heard. They don’t want to play with each other anymore. Westbrook doesn’t want to play with Harden. Harden doesn’t want to play with Westbrook. Westbrook wants the ball in his hands. He doesn’t want to play off the ball as much. He looks at his success in OKC. The ball needs to be in his hands. That’s his mentality. The mentality of Harden is so be it. ... It’s a virtual guarantee that one of them will be gone and better than 50% shot both are gone. ... They are on the phones, accepting all phone calls to see what will be offered not just for one of them but both of them (separately).

Perkins: More than one problem going down in H-Town. The Titanic is sinking and Westbrook got ahead of the curve and got him two life jackets. There’s multiple problems going on with this organization and their franchise player.

One, Westbrook and Harden wanted Ty Lue as their coach. When the Rockets failed, that’s when communication went out the window. From my understanding, Harden hasn’t been talking to the organization the last two weeks, hasn’t been picking up anyone’s phone calls. Same with Russ. No communication there except for last night when he told them he wanted to be out.

Here’s the thing with Westbrook: he doesn’t jump the gun like this. He stays private. That goes to show me that the sources that been telling me Harden could possibly join the Nets or Sixers has some truth behind it. So Westbrook is like “Hold on, if you got plans on leaving, you’re not about to leave me stuck here and out to dry.” Westbrook got ahead of the curve because these rumors we’re hearing about Harden possibly teaming up with Kyrie and KD have some truth to it. I believe both will be moved.

SAS: There are multiple problems. Tucker is unhappy with his contract. Gordon ain’t happy because his role wasn’t defined. And you got House in there. You’re right, those guys wanted Ty Lue. In the end, Brooklyn, 76ers & plethora of other teams, it’s about assets when it comes to James Harden. ... Morey is out the door. D’Antoni is out the door. You got a few players that wouldn’t mind being out the door. And one of your stars publicly declared he wants out and privately Harden is basically saying the same thing because you ain’t gonna leave me here holding the bag by my damn self at this point in time in my career if we don’t have a championship team. I want the hell up out of Houston.

#331 J.R., Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  12. Asian Sensation

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter who we get or don’t get. As long as Harden is still here it will be another First or 2nd round exit.

Lol at you Harden fanbois desperately hoping Harden stays just so we can surround him with guys like Lou Williams, Jrue Holiday, Bev, Griffin, Horford etc. none of those guys are good enough. Harden isn’t good enough as a main option. Just trade his ass already and start fresh.

J.R. likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@J.R. sounds like SAS read the Athletic article and is just repeating it as if he heard it independently. That's kind of a cool move.

Deuce and Hank McDowell like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi and zeeshan2 like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

This, i don't get the hate for Westbrook here, i never liked his game (and if you need proof go read every post i made in the MVP threads years ago), but how is this situation his fault in any way? He didn't force himself here, Harden did by forcing CP3 out or at least being totally fine with it.

If Westbrook doesn't like the enviroment he found himself on (which at this point it's clearly a real issue, and going on from years), there's like, nothing wrong with it? I think some people just don't want to see what's going on and what happened in the past.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Michael Jordan doesn't want anything to do with a Jordan brand athlete. That's kinda funny.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair, Jeff Green and some others kept the boat afloat or helped tremendously after the Covid break.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

As I suspected harden has told Russ I’m gone so get out while you can as well