1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: James Harden Accountability, P.J. Tucker Contract Among Rockets' Gripes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 12, 2020.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

media really going all out to kill this team...

I suspect they want Harden in another market so they can start rooting for him. Smh.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The perception of Harden by the media doesn't really have much to do with what market he's in.

A lot of Rocket fans sound like Trump supporters with that victim complex.

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What mess was created by Morey? Only report is Westbrook wants out. If Westbrook woulda demanded a trade before Morey quit he might have even stayed. The whole reason he quit was he forced to trade for Westbrook when he didn't want to?

PJ is mad cuz our owner is cheap that's not on Morey.

Rivers is trash who cares about him.
    House should have no complaints after what he did. He reduced his own role to 0 minutes a game by getting kicked out.

Eric Gordon is probsbly traded this off-season regardless.

Not sure what you think is on Morey. We have no picks cuz they wanted Westbrook and luxury tax savings. I woulda bounced too. He spent 10 years building a championship team and Tillman blew it up when we were on the cusp of winning. Glad Morey got to restart. Hope we have the sense to trade Harden to Philly. The two of them deserve a championship with an owner willing to spend just to make Tillman look more like a POS.

MettaWorldPete and YOLO like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"Attitude reflects leadership"

There are guilty parties that have left the organization and there are guilty parties that are still with the organization (some will leave sooner than others).

Some might think this is an exaggeration but if Tilman isn't careful the way he handles this situation could put this team/organization on a course much like what happened to the 7 Seconds or Less Phoenix Suns team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years because of inept ownership, dysfunctional front office, incompetent coaching hires and a bunch of unhappy players.

Easy, joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

To think this franchise has 3 seasons below .500 since 1984.

That's about to change in the next decade.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I think the bubble has tested the nerves of a lot of players and even staff. Familiarity breeds contempt. And it's not just us that is facing post-bubble turmoil. We'll be fine once everyone takes a breather.

Rudyc281 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. steddinotayto

Yup. There are too many similarities between how the Phoenix Suns ended the last decade versus what's going on now with this team...and yes this goes beyond just having MDA as a head coach.

=

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Lack of accountability?

MDA and Dantoni were held accountable for this season. Hard to measure accountability for this fanbase, that requires blame as part of their fandom.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

A lot of factors led to this but the biggest issue is Tilman. Hes been penny pinching since day one.

Not surprised that Harden would blame a missed free throw on someone on the bench though. We've all seen him bark and gesture towards teammates when he gets beat on defense like he's some kind of stopper.

I think more than ever it is obvious that its time to blow this up. I was fine with the Westbrook trade, but only because I felt the cp3 window was closed and if they were going to get Westbrook I felt it signaled one last big swing. It failed. Time to move on.

10. steddinotayto

If Tilman was smart and thought about the long play then he should absolutely move pretty much all of the players on this roster and plan for a rebuild. However, I peg Fertitta as a guy that likes to hold on for too long and ends up with .60 on the dollar.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It pisses me off that the narrative is that all 3 co stars leaving, or are trying to leave, did so because they wanted away from Harden, who was stifling them.

Dwight Howard was done as a star, and never wanted to do what he was best at, neither party was interested in staying together.

CP3 didn't even want to leave, yet it's being discussed that way.

Westbrook is the first "star" that actually wanted away from Harden (despite the franchise going to extreme measures to give him a roster to succeed with), and frankly Harden would be much, much better off had he never came in the first place.

I do think Harden has some issues with legit critiques, but he's had a true superstar partner once, and he had the best record in the NBA and was one the brink of beating the unbeatable team. Howard and Westbrook were extremely flawed. Dont get me started on these other scrubs complaining, aside from Tucker who I understand, the other guys have no f**king room to run their mouths.

12. fchowd0311

It really frustrated me when I see Harden bark at a teammate for not helping enough on Harden's defensive lapses. It shows what type of leader he is and I can understand why teammates would be frustrated with it.

MettaWorldPete and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

In 2019 what did Harden mean by "I know what we have to do?". If it was in reference to CP3, then Harden does have problems with other alphas on the team because it's been known that CP3 was trying to ease in criticism to Harden that he needs to move more. It shows that Harden can't accept criticism.

And in his shoes I can see how he thinks this way. He's been the face of this franchise for 8 years, every year healthy and carrying the franchise to the playoffs, leading the league with record amount of ppg, many mvp votes so on and so forth. That **** can get to your head especially when you have excessive player coaches like MDA.

joshuaao and RedRedemption like this.
  14. steddinotayto

I do think that if Russ gets traded and Harden stays, the public perception of Harden will be very very low even if it's unwarranted. Harden has never really catered to the media since he got to the NBA and they, in turn, will have no reason to write a fluff piece or defend him.

I DO get why the role players are upset though. Sure they had to buy into this style of play where all they do is camp out and shoot 3s while Harden does whatever he wants but when the best player on the team is insulated from accountability and can't take criticisms...as Eric Gordon put it best....no one is having fun.

dmoneybangbang and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

I never get this narrative of "cater to the media". What does that mean?

I think the media just doesn't like his play style and his sudden drop off in performance in the playoffs. That **** sticks with you even though he's played well in the playoffs the past couple of seasons minus the 4th quarter where he decides to walk around and let defenses easily deny him the ball.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

None of them were alphas except CP3 for one season, and we had an absurdly good season that year.

Howard was trash with the ball in his hands, and Westbrook is simply far too flawed to have any real success. Harden was amazing with Capela, but we dumped him in an extreme move just to make Westbrook better.

His poor reception to criticism, yeah I agree, but his co-stars have flat out not carried their end of the bargain. We should have dominated when Harden went to the bench this season, but as usual we sucked.

MettaWorldPete, daywalker02 and AXG like this.
  17. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

He grew up the entitled son of an NBA player.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

When was the last time you saw Harden having a "sit down" interview with ESPN or another media outlet, like how LeBron has done over the years or how Giannis started to the past few years? It's a two way street--you, as a player, have to let the media have access to you and the media, in turn, will do you a favor and try to make you look better. I don't think that's some kind of new phenomenon. Players who are PR savvy (or who have a great PR team) will have a good relationship with the media.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The media doesn't like inbetweeners.

Either you are a championship team or you are a bottom feeder.

Other than that 2018 year, the Rockets were mostly neither.

Pretending has never been secksey.

fchowd0311 and steddinotayto like this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

They were gimmicks. Let's face it. The HOUSTON ROCKETS were one big experiment for Daryl Morey.
    What do you mean what narrative? Shooting the most 3's? Tweener 4's and stretch 5's? Getting shooters that can't shoot. The Houston Rockets were a franchise before DM and will be one after. Small ball was for Morey and MDA trying to win with scrubs instead of getting real players in the first place. Never did the Rockets look like MDA' s Suns. When MDA and Daryl were with the Rockets they were the devil incarnate now they are no longer with they Rockets everyone acts like the two did not create this gimmick nonsense together. MDA was a horrible hire to begin with.