1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

You guys know me, and I'm gonna say this, Harden really came off really bad in this article man. I dont like that James thinks he's above criticism. I know he's the best player on the team(and imo possibly the world) its just that he's so sensitive about criticism man. It shoulndt be like that. Why are you getting mad at Austin Rivers for a FT?

As for others:
    Tucker needs to get paid, dont blame him. Keep in our organization.

Gordon: You've been bad for long stretches my guy, what can I say. Maybe Dantoni should have been more clear about your role. But you got plenty of touches and shots. You've brought it in the playoffs but you've had long stretches where you were bad man.

Rivers: You played bad dude. If you wanted more minutes, you should have played better.

House: LOL you.......you "challenge" all the top guys all season and then you,...I-I dont even know what to say to this dude. Wow. You are incredible and not in a good way.

Emajam&hardle, Vivi, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

It literally says that in the article and I still see dude's on twitter buying into this stupid narrative that MDA and Morey caused this.

Whatever yall want to say about team chemistry, there is no denying what we had and it worked.

Vivi, joshuaao, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

what article is this referring to with all the complaints?

HP3 likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

Hes the dude that put in a 2 weeks notice and coasted for those 2 weeks. Didnt give a ****...

5. HP3

HP3 Member

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Fertita is a **** owner.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

GTFO Wussa!!!!

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think this is great.

I also think we should trade literally everyone around Harden and maybe Covington - yes, that includes Tucker. Tucker will be 36 in May and wants a huge extension - makes zero sense.

Keep Harden and Covington and rebuild around them. Definitely focus on getting us a few great 3-point shooters so Harden has something to work with there. I never understood having an offense that was completely built around 3-point shooting, but not having a player like Korver or Redick etc. - seems so obvious.

Also, get a lob threat like Capela used to be. It's another weapon in Harden's amazing arsenal.

Get a real center.

Get some young and hungry players.

Just try something new around Harden. Can't be worse than the lifeless crew we saw in last year's playoffs.

P.S.: Also, **** Frittata. Can't stand him.

Emajam&hardle, mikol13 and Dacamel like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

HP3 likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe he's talking directly about Harden with the culture and accountability part. Which would be weird but not surprising.

We all know how much Harden is babied.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look once the belief is gone that you can win with Harden dominating the ball, the other players are going to want to do more - no one, and i mean NO ONE likes to stand around and watch, we would be better off with Harden doing less.

DD

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

As with any trade, it take 2 to tango. So who would want Westbrook, and who has something we would want.

Some potential teams that could want him:

Atlanta
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Detroit
    Indiana
    New York
    Orlando
    Toronto
    LA Clippers
    LA Lakers
    New Orleans
    Phoenix

I was surprised by how many teams may actually want Russ. There’s a bunch that either don’t have a floor general or volume scorer.

a lot of us talk about championships as being the only thing of value, but many franchises don’t see it that way. Just getting to the playoffs is big for them. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a middling/lower team from the East make a deal for Russ just to secure a playoff spot.

Emajam&hardle likes this.
  13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Everyone's mad about the outlook of the team, but you just got a new HC that's widely respected around the NBA, and new GM.- maybe chill out a bit and give them a chance?

While i was cautiously optimistic about a Russ/Harden pairing last year and for this upcoming season, if he doesn't wanna be here, peace!

If Stone can get at least get a 2nd rounder instead of giving away more 1st rounders to get rid of him, he'll have my respect lol

Jayzers_100, ROCK3TM4N and HP3 like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I know I get hate for it , and tbh @fchowd0311 has gotten hate for it far more than anybody. But this stuff has been clear from his body language and literally everybody that has played with james. People on here fanboy to no end and can't see his flaws despite his RS success

What sealed it for me was when CP advocated for more ball movement and accountability and was sent packing a couple months later. James attitude has deteriorated into a selfish cancer.

Vivi, fchowd0311, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

that list is way too long. no way do that many teams legitimately want him and his entire baggage situation

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

why?

17. HP3

HP3 Member

And besides that, honestly James has not been a model teammate. I dont have a problem with him having the ball, but you got to hold yourself accountable in front of the other guys. They do a lot of the dirty work on this team. You gotta respect that.

In this case though, it looks like Westbrook is leaving and we might be able to get something out of this whole mess.

18. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Nobody has wanted to play with Dwight Howard, he is a clown.
    #2 Chris Paul didn’t want to leave the Rockets, Tilman wanted to move the contract.
    #3 Did KD like playing with Westbrook?

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Exactly. Again, my problem with james has never been his talent, but his demeanor and lack of accountability. I gave him the benefit of the doubt repeatedly but when CP starts advocating for ball movement and accountability in James iso-centric season with reports of the two not getting along shortly after.... and then him getting the boot. That's the crap that's been pissing me off.

HP3 likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The irony there is that Westbrook’s previous situation was one that literally afforded him an organization wide effort to inflate his stats so he could average a triple double and try to win an MVP, even though that org knew it wouldn’t lead to being a contender.

So he can save his culture and accountability talk.