1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perkins: Harden not answer phone calls from tilmanship, front office and coach for weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Houston.

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Imagine harden taking the blame for carrying minimum wage rejects year in and year out. Id want the **** out too!

3. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Kendrick Perkins, who has trashed Harden on ESPN and in tweets, is not close with James lol.

Tim Mcmahon and Woj both have reported that James is working with the front office today, that is probably more reliable than the guy who gives hot takes and trashes other players for clicks and attention. He also has talked to Silas as has Russ....

RocketsSZN likes this.
  4. Dodirt1015

Dodirt1015 Member

Hello all,

Long time lurker . Finally signed up for login.
    I know I’m new and nobody knows me but I have some casual info. All I will say I am in Beards trainer circle and I hear some things.

James was pushing hard for Lue or Doc.
    But he likes Silas and some of his ideas for the offense and supposedly some of the Mavs have called him and told him he will love Silas so he past that.

He is really hurt about losing Morey and as many have said. Morey took care of him and always talked to him about things he was looking at.
    Him and Stone don’t have that kind of vibe and he feels Stone is a Yes man for Tillman , whereas Morey would push back .
    He does not want to leave H-town. He loves it here city wise and feels his legacy is to win a championship here. He says that all the time.

just a little info I heard ...

Rashmon, slothy420, Deuce and 15 others like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This franchise hasn't been to the finals since 1995. Either your 1st or last at this point. 2 championshipless players are getting paid $40 a year and not even doing everything it takes on the court to win consistently in playoff games... both of these dudes are turnover prone like crazy. I'd rather build a team that plays like champions first even if theyre not good enough right off the bat and it takes time. Change the culture and the philosophy then you have the right mentality. Harden and Westbrook might not have the mentality for championship caliber play... move on.

#185 Cstyle42, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

This tweet seems to think Harden and Westbrook have a choice. They are Rockets until the Rockets trade them or their contracts expire.

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

you think hes going to the astros? Switching it up a little bit huh? Like it!

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@justtxyank basically said on Twitter that Perkins report is bullshit

justtxyank likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

language Patrick...these posts are very unprofessional

Tilman is the reason for the downfall of this franchise...that’s the factual statement

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's hard to trust anyone, but because it's something I want to hear, I'll buy it for now.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

you have any info on any FA or trades?

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It’s Perkins. When has he been right?

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I posted this on twitter but I spoke to a source who confirms that the Perkins story is false. Harden has spoken with mgmt in the last week. Nothing to that story.

Deuce, ElPigto, daywalker02 and 4 others like this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be shocked if this is true, but Perk has earned a reputation of not being reliable when "reporting" this kind of info.

I 100% believe that Harden and Westbrook don't love how things have gone done since the playoffs ended, but I don't (yet) believe that Harden is refusing to answer calls from the org.

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He’s partially responsible. To pretend like harden isn’t to blame as well is delusional.

Your daddy, harden, would be proud of you for fighting for him though. Keep it up.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I’m almost positive ‘make the team worse with your every decision’ isn’t exactly what Harden wanted TF to do.

#196 Downtown Sniper, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

What a sellout, hated him as a player and feel sorry for him as a media figure. What’s with trying to make the Rockets look bad?!

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

We should just rebuild

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Did your friend tell you whether or not there's any validity and you just cannot share it? Or did he just say they spoke?

20. riko

riko Member

Maybe Harden is not Happy that Russ is being shopped?