1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook and Harden have expressed concern...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

If you look at my previous post. I've been saying this since MDA was fired and we got Westbrook. WE AREALL IN. It's obviously nothing is changing Westbrook and Harden wise for at least 2-3 more years.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not worse than the T-mac Era lmfao.....We have to be bad before we get better. I know how this goes Ms. Cleo I don't need your whack ass predictions lol.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're all in now all of a sudden, at harden 31 they're all in. because you said so

HP3 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you don't need them, then stop following me around like a puppy. obviously they get your attention though

HP3 likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clutch, I know your feelings on RW. But let's be real here, the derailment isn't solely on the RW trade. The derailment, the inflection point, was #Tilman. His meddling. It started with not re-singing Ariza. And then the cheapness that followed. Wasting assets and throwing away players. #Tilman FORCED the Westbrook trade and the compensation. Morey left because of #Tilman.

It is MUCH BIGGER than the RW trade. That trade is one of MANY moves.

If one wants to post grievances, start with Tilman.

#145 Deuce, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The sky wasn't falling with Morey or with out Morey.

MDA was a regular season king, Silas has yet to prove himself.

The team isn't going to be automatically Number One either.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I can live with that.

HardenVolumeOne, Rudyc281 and Ramo$e like this.
  8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I can't believe that our star players would have issues while being in their early-30's about having a moron, aggressive, meddling owner who is going bankrupt and his over-privileged, under-qualified, trust fund young son having meaningful sway with the direction of a sports team.

HP3 and Joshfast like this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

20 years as an assistant? He is ready. He will be a lot better than MDA I can tell just by hearing him talk. He gave direct answers and scenario in game counters MDA never would have accepted or thought of. If he plays more than 7 players he has already improved. MDA didn't set the standard very high.

jayydela and rockets1995 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You realize they had the Top 5 record because he played those 5 that had the best +- 38 minutes a game?

Their problem was they never had the replacement group of younger talents coming in.

Well, well, I am not saying Silas can't top that but every other coach in the Top 5 is better and more experienced than Silas on paper.

As an assistant one is fired with the head coach but if the coach's job is secure so was his.

You have tons more responsibilities as a real coach so he had 20 years of not having to deal with immense pressure of getting fired prematurely.

#150 daywalker02, Nov 11, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone keeps point out the symptoms (Westbrook trade), but the illness is ownership. The Rockets have gone quickly down hill since the sale of the team.

Ownership has not gone into the tax. Ownership has dealt multiple first round draft picks to save money. Ownership went on the cheap signing assistants and low balled their head coach over a few million dollars.

Everyone points to the Westbrook deal, one the GM and coach didn’t want done... but ownership pushed through at great cost.

The GM and head coach both left the organization abruptly because the work environment is toxic.

Ownership at the last minute always steps in and fouls things up.

Even if the Westbrook deal had never been made, we would be dealing with a cheap and meddling owner that dealt draft picks for money and we may not have Morey as well.

At the end of the day there has been a cultural change in the organization, Tilman said he was going to do it and he has. For better or worse, what the Rockets are is because of ownership and the people he has surrounded himself with.

Just one example. Imagine you are the GM of a 65 win team and the owner comes to you and says his unqualified son is going to have a voice in the room AND is going to follow you around while you do your job and report back to his dad. Would you tolerate that if you had other options?

Tilman Fertitta seems to think he owns the people that work for him, that their entire existence is to do what he wants. That doesn’t fly and certainly not in the NBA.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

THANK YOU!

Mr Chuck Norris and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

THIS!

Mr Chuck Norris and Ramo$e like this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Regular season record....doesn't matter in the playoffs when they are TIRED. Top 5 offense is something you bring up in contract negotiations it doesn't help if you trying to win in the moment. It doesn't matter if you still losing. It's nice to have, but not needed. I would be more impressed if it was top 5 defense. Actually not all assistants get fired. In fact Ty Lue was promoted within the Clippers. Silas is not a normal assistant. We couldn't have asked for a more well prepared first time coach. Something to look forward to, something Rockets haven't had in a while.

You have to understand who MDA has been coaching. Nash/Harden! Some of the games elite offensive play makers yet MDA get all the credit but none of the flak. MDA was here to let Harden do what he wanted, and he did. However he was out coached thoroughly during his tenure here. Will MDA be a head coach again? Most likely, but not on a seriously contending team.

#154 Ramo$e, Nov 11, 2020
  15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm not trying to back track at all. You continue to misconstrue what I say because from what I can tell you lack the ability to process and comprehend the english language.

I am not hot and bothered, but I do think you are the type of troll who pathetically tries to annoy and anger people by creating straw man arguments to back your narrative.

And thanks for the advice, but I'll continue to post and act as I please.

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

more whining and nonsense. yeah do whatever you want, just like I'll do me like I've been from day 1.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Man...you really dont know what you are talking about lol.

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Harden has to realize that the only scenario where he plays WITH Westbrook is in Houston. Houston can trade Westbrook, or Houston can trade both of them. The result will be that they will never play together again because no team will take both.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes this is absolutely true. They tried to get him to Cleveland in 2017 as part of a trade. They almost got him for Tristan Thompson in 2018. LeBron tried to get him to the Lakers in 2019 after the Rockets stuffed him in the closet but was overruled.

I guess you can argue that these 3 seasons worth of consecutive almost-Melo trades just happened to happen while LeBron was on the team but..c'mon man.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Your whining and nonsense regarding my "whining and nonsense" is pretty ironic.