1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7 Homicides in One Day In Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 10, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The dick riding?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So you think we should send people who are trained to handle complaints about the mentally ill and the homeless that are typically given to the police?

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

lol, yes...yes I think it is.

Invisible Fan and TWS1986 like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im sorry. Alexandern ia ridiculous following me around insulting me. I made a serious response in another thread today and there he is with the insults.

He is getting worse

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clearly proving the police isn't preventing homicides from happening.

Texans keep losing-- YOU WANNA FIRE THE COACH?

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I wonder what the cheetah really thinks about politics...or is he just another tinman?

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Then you agree that you want to Reform the Police.

pgabriel likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Two of the murders are of police officers. These murders happen for different reasons. If your point is investing more in social not all these murder are by people with no hope

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You literally just said this.

I asked you if trained people rather than police should help with the mentally ill and the homeless and then you said no.

This little episode perfectly encapsulates why trying to engage you is a waste of time. You literally have no idea what you're saying.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nook and pgabriel like this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I said Reagan is NOTORIOUS for defunding mental health

That means i support police dealing with it?

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...I support what St. Pete is doing, especially considering they will revisit after a year, but radically getting rid of police departments or drastically slashing budgets is not something people on this site or in general support.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

houston police are focused on the wrong thing.

if you fail to indicate or go 50 in a 45 that is the focus. i called and dealt with narcotics in houston for years trying to get a cocaine store on 59 closed since a good friend was addicted. my friend said only way he would stop was if it closed.

i did everything i could and they absolutely didnt want to touch it. as they admitted quite readily. i even went to police station in downtown. they arent trying to stop drugs.. they are trying to find it on some poor sap that drives right by and falls into their lap.

as it is police focus is easy traffic hits and being tax collectors.

there should be no jail at all for anything other than violent crimes and robbery..

all else get a ticket and court date just like speeding.

this cuts down on clog and police time farting around taking people to jail lose 50% of shift processing harmless offenses that will be out of jail in 4- 5 hours anyway..

use that man hour gain to focus on violent and be agile and mobile for that.

dont defund as much as refund for lost ticket revenue.relying on courts and tickets is only a form of taxation that should be offset and not part of their budget and concern. the fact the 2 are tied is asinine..the idea of stop and search does nothing unless it ties back to a murder robbery etc. this pulling people over then spending half their shift searching because the dude had a joint arrest in new braunfels in 1997.. has gotta go.

the amount of social workers needs to be increased in the high call areas and ones with high % domestic or child protection sections.

with the man hour gains less pulling over and no arresting you .could operate a lean approach with a separate set of triage for social worker need , civil issues and cops help for general distress and safety but focus is service time and threat level assessment that corresponds to violent vs. non... you dont send a fireman to a murder usually anyway.

the amount of wasted time on simple trivial stuff by police is crazy. this is a priority based job but its not enough and should be based on severity ,type like er at hospital. they dont seem to do this as much as they could /should.

also note people pulled over all the time creates more traffic causes more danger to officer and citizen. all for unnecessary.
    we need to get off the idea of cops and pulling over for low hanging BS fruit and recognize this doesnt do much for safety past excess speed and dui. stop crazy drunk guy sure..

but with auto self drive cars on horizon the valid reasons to pull over and revenue from that stupid stream will dry anyway unless its going to be bullsh*it concerted no reason stops.

pulling over is antiquated outdated unless thats what its about..just because you are out in public shouldnt mean you are more open to stop / detain unless you are infringing danger to society.... anything else detain and arrest is horsesh*it...

op you could have linked or something about the murders you whine about carl herera threads and at least his titles are

Rocket River, Exiled and pgabriel like this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Calm down

TWS1986 likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Name one person who was like yes... let’s defund the police... without some sort of nuanced take of doing something like giving Police alternative resources like mental health experts etc to respond to special incidents???

The slogan was an activist slogan that was taken out of context and unfairly tagged onto anyone that wasn’t a Confederate flag toting white nationalist.

Nobody sees homicides in Houston and is like ... great I’m glad the police didn’t respond?

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Tinman, but I like him better than Tinman. I don't like Tinman much.

18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Calmado!

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Confession

I did something i always criticize. (ass)umed. I never opened the defund police thread. I just thought because it was so many pages people supported just reducing police. Despite my mistake in the o.p. i didn't think people wanted to eliminate police

London'sBurning, Nook and JuanValdez like this.