1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ibaka to the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Minimum it's one year

D-rock and saleem like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks, so is it possible that a young player like Noel could be offered a 2 yr MLE contract with limited Bird Rights after the end of it's duration?

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep.

Deckard and saleem like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's what I'm hoping for, with a lot of luck. Capela plus would be nice. He has the potential to grow into a solid player with some maturity. Worth the gamble imo.

Vivi likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka

Is Sam Presti and Kevin Durant coming soon?

D-rock, Fiah and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Beard, Brodie, PJ AND Serge!

The swag would be off the charts!!!!

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Even better, we'll bring back Thabo and sign Nick Collison to our coaching staff.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Realistically, you're not going to get Ibaka for the MLE and he might be a tad higher than the NT-MLE. That being said, setting up a S&T between Toronto and Houston where the Rockets send Gordon to the Raptors plus a couple of heavily protected 2nd Rounders might do the trick, especially if VanVleet leaves Toronto. That's how you could get an Ibaka for, say, 3/$45 million. Of course, both LA teams could do salary cap gymnastics as well:

S&T Ibaka to Clippers for:
    Lou Williams and Zubac ($15 million in combined salaries; Zubac becomes their starting center, Williams fills VanVleet's role)

S&T Ibaka to Lakers for:
    Avery Bradley, Jevale McGee, Quin Cook and a future 1st and/or 2nd ($12.5 million in combined salaries; all three players come off the books next season; Masai gets picks in return)

Then again, doing a S&T would hard cap us, IIRC, so I don't know if we would want to go down that pathway.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I cannot imagine any in in demand FA coming to TheToyShop without an SnT.

D-rock likes this.
  10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

In the video it shows Rafael Stone at the end before we see Russ and Harden. so it’s happening for sure :p

it’s probably bcoz the video was made after the game they played in Japan more than anything

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Has the board decided Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta will be known as “Tildo”?

Need approval from @KingCheetah on that one.[/QUOTE]

Haha Tildo Baggins!

Nook likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What a huge pickup that would be.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Noel too and i think he's already a solid player, his defense is definitely good. My only question mark about him is him size/frame, last season everytime i saw i was like "woah, he's soo thin", i remember once he was running next to PJ and looked like Mayweather running next to Tyson lol. Plus the chemistry with James...we can hope for it to be as good as the Harden/Capela combo, but that's something hard to find. Still, like you said, i think he would be a solid get for cheap and if we can't get someone better like let's say Ibaka.

saleem, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

You want Perkins too?

saleem and Landsdale like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't Ibaka like 40+ lol. I honestly have no clue how he played last year, but I am hardly getting excited here.

D-rock likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He is the same age as Harden.

He just had one of his most well rounded seasons as a pro in my opinion.

He is elite at this point just doesn't put up huge numbers. He was super efficient during the playoffs.

I'd prefer Christian Wood because I think he has star potential but Serge would be unreal.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trade for Mo Bamba, Kelly Oubre Jr.

Trade Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Robert Covington, P. J Tucker any of the combinations of players to get Mo Bamba or if Kelly Oubre Jr. are available.

The Rockets need to get younger and taller. Plus need talent on offense, that can create for themselves on Offensively. Kelly has that ability.

Christian Wood, Serge Ibaka, Anthony Bennett are also players in Free Agency to go after.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Dude is still a athletic freak but has now refined his offensive game to with his intimidating rim protection skills

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Suns are not trading us KOJ for garbage like Gordon we can offer them. Plus they are pushing to get Paul so he will be used in a sign and trade there if they can entice the Thunder