1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

These players are all on Heat radar - they need another superstar to challenge Lakers and best teams in the West.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11...ton-rockets-trade-features-russell-westbrook/

Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Victor Oladipo
    Russ Westbrook

Remember, Heat wanted to pair Russ with Jimmy just last offseason. They were sure they could get him until Russ chose to go to Houston.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....xecs-see-heat-trade-as-inevitability.amp.html

Agree or not, Russ is still a superstar player and fits position of need and unlike Rockets, Heat have no problem shooting mid range shots. Neither Herro or Robinson are even All Stars let alone superstar.

And both Herro and/or Robinson ARE on the table for a superstar.

https://heatnation.com/rumors/tyler-herro-duncan-robinson-considered-prime-trade-assets-across-nba/

Heat also looking at Jrue Holiday and Bradley Beal. Would not be surprised if there were other players as well.

#121 D-rock, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Rockets aren't trading Russ this season seeing alot of posters bring up trades involving him no point lol

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bruno should be sent to the G- league, if no one snaps him. He should work his way back to the NBA.
    I’m not concerned if any other team picks him up. If he is working extremely hard in practice right now, with a change in attitude,
    then he should play in the summer league games. I won’t go further than this. Mental strength comes first for me along with physical fitness. Bolden is erratic, but he plays hard. I’m willing to give him a chance.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not let the player development genius we just hired determine this?

Silas worked with young superstars like Lebron, Steph, Kemba, Luka, etc. as well as unlocking solid players in the NBA.

I'd give him a chance IF we even re-sign Bruno.

5. saleem

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  6. saleem

Look, we’re only armchair fans. Each of us has his own opinion. I see no real upside or desire in Bruno unlike you. If he proves me wrong, I would be delighted. We all want our beloved Houston Rockets to win.

Corrosion, Vivi, Zoplicone and 2 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade deadline is the earliest he would be traded is my call.

Unless something unprecedented happens to ignite an earlier exit.

saleem likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

People should not expect Aron Baynes to be a Rocket unless a trade opens up money.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba...ig-man-aron-baynes/1pdsdsihzoung12m741vcsnt5k

When at least 5 teams want a player.....expect him to get at least $7 million. $14 million over 2 years?

I think he gets at least $18 million over 2 years. All it takes is one crazy owner with money. Just my opinion.

Vivi, saleem and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Celts also want him back if they cannot swing trade for Myles Turner.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Weird... he plays for the Sydney Kings. Will Weaver is their head coach. It's like a "well, while we're here looking at the coach, we may as well grab a player, too..." thing. :D

D-rock likes this.
  11. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

12. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Eric Gordon for #21 from the 76ers.

Draft Josh Green.

He's a younger (obviously), bigger Eric Gordon.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

He may be 6'5 but would not say he's bigger than EGo. EGo is definitely thicker and they have the same wingspan (6'10).

I think I prefer 6'10 Jaden McDaniels. Has a little KD and Jonathan Isaac bits to his game.

14. saleem

This is definitely possible. Getting Noel won't be easy either, for the same reason in my opinion. The Rockets are stuck. I'm not advocating for a blow up, as you're well aware, mon ami. TF needs to let Silas and Stone contact as many players as possible. That's our only chance at lucking out.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wiggins and 2 for LMA and 11 probably is the best idea for the Warriors. Gets them out of SUPER REPEATER territory if they don't see anyone at 2 that they think is a cornerstone that won't be available later.

Vivi likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed. I would think the Warriors like Wiseman, but they just don't know how much it will take to him to become a fit and have the impact they need from the start, their core is getting old so they might prefer to maximize their window and have something to use now.

treyk3 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wiggins sucks that bad.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I mean, I think he's fine and we all forget his age. He's your dream in theory and better than almost every single player you fascinate over including Aaron Gordon if we are talking about value so far in their career. He's just overpaid. 6-8, 7 foot wingspan. Very athletic and honestly is a borderline all-star type player. I believe he's the modern Rudy Gay. 25-5-4 stat line with a below average PER for those numbers and a replacement level defender. He has room to grow and is better than Derozan at this point in time. I just don't think you can commit $30 million per year for three more seasons to a player who is worse than Eric Gordon.

This draft sucks and Aldridge is also overpaid just on a much shorter contract (expiring). It's pretty equal value and the Spurs get a better younger player in Wiggins (I bet Pop gets him to where he can be) and a cornerstone like Wiseman. Warriors clearly want to go for it this year and Aldridge provides something they need and they probably like a random prospect more than Wiseman or Ball and know he'll be there at 11. It also creates some more flexibility in the future. It's hard to build a team around 4 guys making near max money and one of them is clearly not a near max player. Wiggins is probably worth Eric Gordon money ($16 million a year)

#139 treyk3, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

oh, contraire. IMO that is. Russ & Harden are here all season unless:

JEHj sez otherwise or
    Some team, NYK, Clips, Pistons knock Rox Sox off & DM, the no longer GM, decides Philly James Matter.

D-rock likes this.