1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Could be, then again, why trade Capela and Gordon for Love or Blake? I mean, i guess it could be possible, especially since we were willing to take huge risks etc, but that would've been such a bad roster imo, totally unbalanced with three max contracts on bad defenders...i just don't see it, plus i think Blake was also injured at the time so...

Harris with that contract...man, just awful, i can't believe they would've traded Capela and Gordon for him, and i don't even know what would've been the point for Phila since they had already two maxed centers on the roster.

LMA maybe, that might be something i can see making more sense for us, than again, the Spurs rarely make trades, and to think they would've traded with Morey again...i don't know, i think it's possible but hard to believe. Also not sure they would've turned down a LMA-Capela swap, i know they want to compete, but still...a good/young fiba center locked on a 4 years deal, i would think the Spurs would take that kind of swap, but i might be off here of course.

Personally i still lean towards a last minute kind of trade when we already traded Capela, something like Gordon and House/fillers for Horford, would've made sense for both parts, Phila would've get rid of a bad contract while getting a shooter coming off the bench they actually needed (now that i think about, they had a super short bench with trash coming out of it), and we would've got the stratch center we probably dreamed about although that would've put us well above the tax line.

Just my two cents though, who knows.

#81 Vivi, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sure, i can actually see Detroit having zero interest in taking back Eric with his contract, the Cavs gave them expiring contracts and a 2nd rounder which is pretty much zero value, but for them it's possible Eric's contract was actually a negative so, yeah.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Eric wasn’t trade eligible and technically still isn’t until trades open up.

it was something adding onto the CC RoCo trade, We had the ability to add salary to it and never did.

BigMaloe, Sep11ie, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, here it is, i was wondering about this here:

So i guess that takes him out of that scenario and completely sends my idea/s in the trash @smoothie :D

So i guess it's safe to say that deal Stone taked about was about Capela traded somewhere with maybe PJ, but not Covington, maybe Love? If that's true i think we actually dodget a bullet just like Tilman lol.

smoothie likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It was probably something like Deandre Jordan for house and a pick. We had the ability to add to the RoCo deal and never found a partner,

Vivi, raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not saying Tate cannot play, my point is that Justin Anderson is better replacement or player to be groomed to replace PJ.

Anderson has a totally played and most importantly has defended in the NBA. Tate had to play overseas (first Europe then Australia) because he could not get even a G League invite. I agree that his skills have improved, especially his 3ball which went 27% to 40%.

As for your eye test regarding his height it is possible that a 4 year college player has grown an inch to 6'5 but 6'9 is laughable (I have seen no such height for Tate anywhere).

I will rely on Ohio State's official measurement (even though these are usually exaggerated) instead.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/roster/jaesean-tate/

https://www.nba.com/pacers/jaesean-tate-2018-draft-prospect

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...an-tate-continues-to-do-it-all-for-ohio-state

The above articles refer to Tate as an undersized PF.

And the last time Tate wingspan was officially measured was at Kevin Durant camp and his height was 6'4 (193 cm) and wingspan was 6'8.

If anything you may be mistaking Tate for his teammate when both were at Ohio State, Keita Bates-Diop, who really is 6'7 with 7'3 wingspan.

See the 2 side by side below.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

My guess is either Christian Wood or Nerlens Noel.

We also know that Morey inquired about Jarrett Allen.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wood was simple to acquire after the Pelicans gave him up, just before the Pistons grabbed him. Morey didn’t get him, when it was easier to do so.

9. saleem

I feel the first test is the use of the MLE. S/T's are hard. Free agency is hard too, but relatively easier in comparison to S/T's. Even a guy like Noah Vonleh would be useful, if he's healthy. He can defend, rebound and hit a mid range shot from time to time.

Tilman can make a profit with a better team. Analytics are important, but 3 point shooting 5/4's who can play defense are going to be very hard to acquire. I like Noel and a healthy Giles. They're young and talented with upside. Management/ ownership and coaching have to take risks on imperfect players who can help the team.

jch1911, D-rock and fattz like this.
  10. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Charles barkley lite

D-rock likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He can say whatever but really , it falls on deaf ears.

Tell us , what actions have they taken since Tilman took over that show a willingness to be taxpayers ?

Now tell us what actions they have taken to avoid being tax payers.

Actions speak louder than words.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

At the time of the Capela trade, the Rockets supposedly were trying to get Deandre Jordan.
    That would be my guess.

saleem likes this.
  13. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

saleem likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The trade stone is referring too was the jamychal green trade with Memphis where they backed out last minute.

And the rockets where furious at memphis.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

A way more athletic PJ.

I love it.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

LETS GET A CENTER!

ROCKET TRADE : Eric Gordon + Austin Rivers + Danuel House Jr.
    ROCKET RECEIVE : Jonas Valanciunas + Justise Winslow

Mix the line up a bit, i believe both parties would agree to this trade, They could move Jaren Jackson to Center, and run a faster lineup. Eric Gordon would give them the vet shooting they need in Memphis. Fills the starting 5 for Houston giving them what they lack in depth.

18. saleem

19. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

That was like 2 or 3 years ago.

Rudyc281, D-rock and saleem like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

no that was 2 years ago

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.