1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , I like both the Heat and Sun's deals there .... with the 76ers as a maybe , the I wouldn't even answer the phone.

Don't think I care for anything the Magic , Pacers or Kings have to offer either & I doubt NYK would add Barrett to a deal either.

In any deal , Westbrook is going to be the best player .... and normally you don't want to give up the best player but in this case , the fit with Harden being Iffy and the cap situation .... its different.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Philly and Heat sound okay to me. The rest sounds like trash. I doubt if anything like this is going to happen.

D-rock likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Report: Rockets have serious interest in free agent Jae’Sean Tate
    Tate is listed at just 6-4 but has a strong frame and plus athleticism; he is comfortable battling in the paint and actually played power forward in Australia. His 3-point shot (40.5 percent in Australia last year, just 27.7 percent in college) will be the swing skill for him.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...-serious-interest-in-free-agent-jaesean-tate/

BigMaloe, Deuce, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  4. rockets13champs

He seems like a younger PJ Tucker

BigMaloe, Rudyc281, fattz and 2 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I trust your judgement, I can’t tell if he is a good defender from these highlights. His jumper seems to be okay, but needs more work. I’m not convinced that we need another 6’4” PF.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you 100%, then again, i also expected the Raptors to blow it up once they lost Kawhi and they didn't, i guess they'll somehow try to retool in order to have a decent shot at Giannis next year, and maybe having the most fiba players around is part of their plan lol.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Justin Anderson is also similar to PJ but his skillset is better fit for Rockets due to his ability to attack the basket and play above the rim.

6'6 Justin Anderson (7'0 wingspan, 44" max vert) is longer, stronger, even more explosive and better defender IMO.

Tate is high energy like Justin Anderson and willing defender but only has a 6'8 wingspan.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-jaesean-tate-a-sleeper-pick-in-the-draft/

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/jae-sean-tate-scouting-report/

#67 D-rock, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Rudyc281, fattz and saleem like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know quite a bit about the Raps (live in Toronto)
    They would definitely like to keep him, they like most of the players on their team and frankly people in the city wonder why Ibaka didn’t get more of Gasol’s minutes against Boston.
    They won’t pay him a long fat contract but they do have his bird rights and no other team is going to pay him for long years either. I think both sides are expecting a 1 year way above market value, that way Serge stays and doesn’t lose out on future money with the extra dollars he pockets next season and Raps stay flexible.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sign Ibaka for full MLE
    Trade Gordon/Tucker/future first to NJ For Dinwiddie/Levert/Jarrett Allen. I think NJ may go for this to be able to immediately make a title run.

Ibaka/Allen
    Cov/Harden
    Levert/Nwaba
    Harden/Dinwiddie
    Westbrook/Dinwiddie

8 man rotation with Bmac and others

10. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That wingspan is inaccurate.

His height and wingspan are all over the place.

I've seen 6-9 height, 6-7, 6-6 height, 6-4 height. I've seen 6-8 wingspan, 6-10 wingspan and 7 foot wingspan.

Watching Tate I believe he is 6-5 with about a 6-11 wingspan. He looks miles above Anderson. He looks like Draymond Green out there. I really hope Weaver and Tate are added to this makeup.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmaooooo holy **** that's a homer ass trade.

So you say they would go for this because they want to make a title run, and they achieved this by trading better players for worst ones?

Dinwiddie averaged 20/7

LeVert averaged 19/4/4

Allen averaged 11/10

Come on now.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

any idea what this trade was supposed to be?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

LeVert and DinWiddie aren't even good fits here, just like they are not in Brooklyn, they're mostly offensive only guards and they need the ball in their hands to be effective, especially LeVert, he played much worse last season when he had Irving around, he wouldn't really work here standing there watching Harden and Westbrook do their thing. DinWiddie maybe, coming of the bench ala Bobby Jackson, but still...Allen would be a great get, but yeah, i don't think the Nets are moving him or a package like that for Gordon and PJ, that's not happening, that's probably the package they offered for Beal.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Only thing that might be obvious imo is that it was about a big since we were literally without one, but aside for that i don't know, maybe it was Horford.

All things considered, Phila probably had buyers remorse pretty fast, assuming Eric could've been traded (can't remember the details after the extension), that would've probably put us over the tax by a considerable margin. We know they have shopping Gordon for quite some time, and i doubt it was a trade around PJ since he has a much smaller salary and Stone said "we would've been well,well over the tax line". If you swap Gordon for Horford you pretty much add 7/8 million in salary.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really could give a **** about Stone saying that we had a deal in place. The proof will be in the pudding as far as upgrading before trade deadline this year

saleem and D-rock like this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Drummond went for scraps. Maybe we were in on him?

lloyde8 likes this.
  18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well it could've been pre-capela trade. maybe bringing in this high priced guy was the rockets first option for capela/gordon, keeping PJ as the starting PF.

the only guys that come to mind in that price rage, and on teams that might've been sellers at the deadline, are love, Blake, LMA and horford or Harris.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i thought about him but i took the Stone comment like he said that team in the end didn't trade the player, if that's the case it's not Drummond, although maybe it's not the case lol.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Could mean Cleveland gave a better offer.