1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, what would you guys like more between Holmes + Barnes + pick/s and Horford + Thybulle? This, considering in order to match the incoming salary, we would've to trade Gordon and probably PJ too, cause even if we could probably make it work without giving up PJ (instead of House, Ben and others), i don't think Tilman is going to eat that salary...i'd expect him to try to dump as much salary as possible in any trade.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thybulle is the prize. I wish we could get him, skip Horford and not trade Tucker but i think we get gifted Thybulle for taking Al.

Thybulle/RoCo would be the best defensive combo at the forward spots in the NBa for the next 5 years. PJ/Thybulle/RoCo would be the best defensive combo in the NBA period. If we could swap House for Bamba we would be elite elite.

Russ
    Harden/ Ben
    Thybulle/Nwaba
    RoCo
    Pj/Bamba

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem is i think (pretty sure but i don't have Philly's salaries under eye) the Sixers can't take back Gordon's salary without giving up a similar amount, Thybulle salary has to be around 3/4 million per season i think, wasn't he a 20th pick or around that range? So, yeah, every trade with them built around Gordon means we have to take back Horford or Richardson plus pieces, but for Phila doesn't really make sense to swap Richardson for Gordon...unless they trade Embiid and keep Horford as their starting center, but if they plan to keep Embiid, Horford for Gordon is what makes the most sense for them.

Regardless, i agree, Horford and Thybulle seems much better to me then Holmes (which is a player i always liked btw) and Barnes, especially considering that any 1st rounder coming back from the Kings would've to be protected since on paper it's a lottery bound pick...and unless they trade Hield (maybe to Indy for Turner lol) this option shouldn't even be there cause they wouldn't even need Eric since he's pretty much the same player but older.

#43 Vivi, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Tristan_fiore and treyk3 like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

NewPart 2

Bradley Beal

He is not available. At all. The end. Teams are hoping he, but he isn’t. Washington is really trying to win this year. They are willing to spend and spend big. The priority is to resign Bertans the biggest goal is to space the floor Beal and Wall. A player who has been mentioned as a cheap target is Boogie Cousins. They really believe they have a chance to make the playoffs and be a good team in the East. Depth is their big, continued focus. People within the organization feel this is the best John Wall they have ever had. They believe he is still on an all-NBA level. People close to Beal says he feels the same way and they are extremely hopeful on Rui.

Indy

Indy has been in talks with Atlanta and a 3rd team. This is a massive deal that has been in talks now for months, I even think I mentioned it on here before. Basically, the Atlanta part of the deal is done but the 3rd team is still far away from where they need to be for Indy. The only players I can say are in this deal is Oladipo to the 3rd team and Dedmon to one of the teams. This would be a major deal for all team involved. Indy is NOT rebuilding; they are simply retooling. They want to be a contender in the east like we want to be. They will be tight on offseason spending. Justin Holiday might be on the way out due to salary. Justin is getting a lot of interest from contenders for a mid MLE level player.

Brooklyn

Brooklyn is looking to move their pick and key players for a 3rd or 4th star considering how you see Caris. They have targeted a few players but really want one in Jrue Holiday. It is going to be tough to land him as others are also in the mix. The issue they have is Dinwiddle is expiring and his value to others is far less than his value to Brooklyn. A lot of teams have interest in Allen, but no one sees him as a centerpiece in the type of deal Brooklyn is looking to do.

Like Dallas, they are more open to a deal than people are open to doing a deal with. I do think they are a mid-season team that could make some major noise for a trade. Caris is NOT available for trades currently. All signs point to Caris being available for a bigger deal that is not on the table right now like Bradley Beal.

Dallas

Dallas wants a 3rd star. In fact, have even called OKC for CP3 who has no interest in Dallas. Dallas due to limited resources have really been everywhere trying to make a deal. They are hoping to land Danilo in FA and they would like Dragic who I am being told is a near lock to return to MIA. The player they think they have a shot at is Evan Fournier, but it could cost them THJ for a SnT if he opts out. Dallas wants to use their MLE on a key rotation player, Christian Wood has come up as the main target in FA.

Lakers

Like Dallas, LA wants a 3rd star. They might be in better shape to land one than Dallas. They are planning to resign KCP, AD, Rondo, and are looking at possibly signing TT who can defend all types of bigs as well. He is also getting attention from the Clippers. It seems like both are targeting the same players. The Lakers are another team I think could be a mid-season player for trades. They do not seem likely to sign a major player. A CP3 trade is too hard to do for them. They were high on Oladipo but Indy value is too high for what they can give.

Raptors

Extremely active and there is NO ONE on their roster they aren’t willing to trade at this time including Lowry if the price is right but note, the price is not right for Lowry, they want a key player for him so he’s not truly available atm. They are targeting resigning FVV in FA and have changed their plans this off-season several times. He confirmed that Brogdon’s base is the salary they would like to resign FVV at. They are fully engaged in operation Giannis 2021.

As I have said before, everyone is available from Toronto. Including Lowry but he is still expensive cost wise and trade wise. They would ideally like to keep Lowry but FVV is who they want to resign. A name no one is mentioning for them and someone they like is Danilo Gallinari who is considered by my guy to be a Denver lock if an offer ever came. Toronto has a very established Italian scene. They seemed to lose some interest in Harrell who was a lock. They are still interested in resigning Ibaka. No real feedback when it comes to Gasol.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

(had to split this in two cause it was too long lol)

OKC

Outside of CP3, they have Adams and Schröder on the market if the price is right. As of right now, teams have not met it, but we will see if OKC is willing to take less which they have not showed so far. They are looking like big losers as they are going to get raided this off-season. It is best for them to trade guys this summer or risk killing their trade value when it drops but the trade value is not as high as they would like.

Boston

Boston is in an extremely tough position and have been extremely aggressive trying to get a center via trade or the draft. Have made offers for WCJ from CHI and Bamba from ORL. They are trying to move up to get a bigger asset to land a center or land Okongwu. What they are realizing is the meat of where everyone wants to be is in the 8 of the draft even if it is not 1-3 range. They are trying to move up but no one wants to move that far down.

They realized that Hayward is likely gone and are fine with that but ideally would love to trade him which will not happen. They are all in on targeting a center right now. There are hopes that they can resign Aron Baynes but there is a lot of comp for him. Boston is open to resigning Heyward but for 4/60-65 range. Not what he is seeking. Marc Gasol name has come up, but you will be competing with Europe for him as well which could be costly.

Boston is probably the most screwed team by COVID. The projected 2021 FA numbers were going to be 125 million and if Boston tells him to opt out this year and do a 4/70-4/75, they are living well as the cap could go all of the way up to 135-140 in 2024 but it’s likely going to be around 112-115 for the next three years. Ouch. That puts them in a major bind, and it is not their fault. Just the COVID world we live in. That said, they are being smart and at the end of the day, they have Tatum, Brown, Smart, Walker, and Theis. Walker ultimately must hold up. They cannot afford for him to go Heatles D. Wade or it kills their chances of being a true contender.

Atlanta

This team controls the off-season board along with the Knicks as they are looking at everything. The difference is, Atlanta has players, teams like what could be had. It is fair to say, Atlanta will keep #6. It is fair to say, they could trade down. It is fair to say, they could trade up. They have a lot of options and I do not know where they will go at this time with that pick. Atlanta has gotten offered by damn near everyone and offered some players to damn near everyone.

What is clear is Capela, Trae, De’Andre, and Cam are not going to be traded at all this year. What is also clear is it will take a lot to get them to move Kevin or JC. Because of Atlanta’s cap situation, they are very flexible.

Atlanta wants to resign JT0 and Skal to multi-year low-waged deals but JT0 wants a higher wage which will not happen from Atlanta. He basically wants to play for a winner and depending on what Atlanta does this off-season, he might be on the way out.

I already mention there are players and key people within the org that wants to move up in the draft and some who wants to move back or stay at #6. I do not know which way they will go but expect it to happen on draft night. I did get confirmation that Atlanta will be a player in buying a pick in the 2nd round but do not lock it in.

Their biggest targets this off-season is:

G. Hayward

KCP who is expected to resign with LAL

Derrick Jones Jr. who is expected to have competition considering his wage demands.

Of course, resigning Skal and Jeff.

There obviously can be more but these were the ones I’ve heard we are serious about.

The Indy deal I mentioned earlier has a PG in it coming to Atlanta as well and that might remove the need for Jeff, but that deal is FAR from finalized due to the 3rd team.

Everything I am hearing is they want to improve the depth from 7-13 without question. Bruno has been impressing people in TC and maybe he could fight for the backup 5 spot with Dedmon.

Travis is not in win-now mode, but he is looking into how to make his team a consistent championship contender is his goal. LP and Tony are in win now mode. LP does realize his job is on the line and that we have high expectations for 2020-21. This will not impact how Travis GM’s. He is not going to make hasty decisions is what he was told but he will make decisions that everyone will not always agree with. He knows the team as well as anyone. Also, my guy did not get an idea that Atlanta is in the 2021 camp for a key FA. That makes me think they can cash in this year if the right deals are available.

Houston

Houston goal is simple. They want to land a center for cheap without it costing RoCo who he has gotten word is critical to them. They are targeting Myles Turner but was told HOU does not have enough to land him. They like Vucevic from ORL but he was told Tucker/Gordon would not be enough.

They are really trying to bring a center who can stretch the floor. Baynes is a guy they like but so does Boston and some others. Boogie Cousins has been mentioned as a guy that Houston is interested in but so is LA who could lose both Dwight and McGee. KCP has been mentioned as an MLE target. Houston wants to win a title, and honestly, they could have a better shot than people give them credit for considering they are willing to spend. They want to resign Jeff Green, and a couple of others.

While HOU is not interested in trading James, he has heard from others that Houston will consider trading Harden if they get two young under long contract stars. Meaning, if they land Embiid and Simmons, they will consider trading Harden although they are not interested in trading Harden period. Another trade like that would be Booker and Ayton for Harden. Houston already turned something like this down to a degree already many months ago but in a 3-way deal. Based on what he has gotten directly from HOU, HOU is James Harden, we are not trading him unless he wants out.

Contrary to popular belief, HOU is willing to pay the LT for 2020-21. A few teams are whose franchise player could be in limbo. These players are worth more than half of the franchise value to the team. They need them

Rudyc281, D-rock and sirjesse like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just some interesting (and potentially related to us) points i get from his last post are:

- he's saying Washington wants to win (lol Wizards) and they might take a chance on Boogie, meanwhile the Rockets are looking for a center...i wonder if we can get Bryant.

- Justin Holiday is getting some interest from contenders

- Christian Wood is Dallas main target

- Toronto still wants to resign Ibaka and seems like their interest in Trez isn't that big anymore

D-rock and Tristan_fiore like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not bad, the big question here is? There's enough shooting? I'm actually really wondering this cause i don't know how well Thybulle shooting has been so far...? Cause Holmes doesn't really space the floor so, having him, Wesbtrook and another poor shooter would be hard to substain. Also not sure the Kings do that swap without taking back picks or something else, Barnes isn't exactly great, especially on that contract, but he still fits more with their young team, Horford is probably too old for them.

9. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Only think about that Kings trade is that it won’t work for financial reasons. The Rockets would have to throw in at least Danuel House and Chris Clemons as well. Possibly even more.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Aren't Barnes and Holmes making around 25 million together? Pretty sure that's the case, Eric plus PJ is something around 28 million so it should be pretty much perfect in terms of matching unless i'm missing something.

As for House/Clemons well, i guess those two guys wouldn't be deal breakers in a similar scenario, in fact i would be kinda shocked if House is still here when the next season starts.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

The guy also just said this:

"From what we talked about previously, no. Atlanta didn't see the fit. Also, he's not really available anymore. The new GM from SAC likes Hield and thinks he wasn't used correctly last year and wants Walton to use him exactly how he envisions them playing. Glad you asked because he was one of the people I needed to covered when talking about SAC tomorrow. He's one of their building pieces. Him, Bagley, and obviously Fox. "

So, i don't even see what's the point in talking about Eric to the Kings.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I did something similar
    https://tradenba.com/trades/5wMOvDf-x

Westbrook,
    Harden, McLemore, Nwaba
    Thybulle/House
    Covington, Portis
    Barnes, (whoever you're willing to pay tax for)

Everyone gets something I think. Horford and a 1st for Barnes doesn't suck for the Kings. Morey/Doc get everyone else they want from this team.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know cyberx is probably still chilling for his team and Cod already posted few weeks ago, but i really wish @ch44 would tell us something :(

Deuce, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

According to Trade NBA Barnes is on a $22.2M dollar deal this year alone. And for Holmes it’s $5M. I didn’t throw in PJ, cause I didn’t see him mention us trading PJ there. It works if PJ is thrown in as well.

Rudyc281 and Vivi like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh i see what you were saying then, thanks.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

haha. Trust me. If the return was Jrue and Reddick, Harden would be ok and make do.

There are one or two places that do make sense for Westbrook. But the return on them would disgruntle Harden. The Knicks make perfect sense for him.
    They need something marketable and Russ would win over Knicks fans easily and get to do what he wants and they’d win some games. They’re also a team that will continue to strike out in Free Agency so they may as well use it on a Russ or CP3 for a couple years. The return though it’s not something that would make sense if you’re keeping Harden, and Harden would hate it.

Vivi likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

LOL at the Wizards ...

As for Toronto - Doesn't really make any sense to me that they would resign Ibaka of "everyone is available". Sounds to me like a rebuild , why take on that type of contract for a guy on the downside. Not saying he isn't a good / productive player , just isn't cost effective / efficient. Seems to me they'd be after a younger version of the same player on a cheaper deal.

Vivi likes this.
  19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Silas just said in video there not even going to make trades.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member