1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’m not sure Pelicans want Eric Gordon back. I don’t think Rivers would opt in for the Magic. That was his hometown team though so possibly. Heard the Nets are interested in trading for AG. They probably have more to offer at this point. A three team trade would be more likely though to land someone like Jrue here.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y37faoo5

Just one for the day!

This is a rebuild i can see happen Harden and Westbrook. #1 AND #2 Go to houston.

Rockets might cant send Tucker along with Harden, and move House and Gordon for Myles Turner and McDermott! Sign Aaron Baynes!

Myles Turner(24) / Baynes
    Randle / Baynes / Portis
    Wiggins(25) McDermott
    Edwards(19) / Culver
    Ball(19) / Nikita

Very young team, and deadly.

lloyde8 likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

We need to open it up to "Random Transaction" to include F/A too because the more I try to go over trades the more unrealistic it all seems.

So I wonder if Coach Silas had any favor with Willie Cauley Stein? He's way down the depth chart there.

I'm pretty sure Westbrook and Capela could've worked on some PnR but that was never really implemented, like that isn't Westbrook's half court game or something. WCS could offer some qualities similar to Capela. Vet minimum backup? Could definitely do worse than that. Someone like Cousins at MLE?? Gordon for Fournier?

Westbrook, Rivers (accepts option because we got centers this year), Clemons
    Harden, McLemore, (Crazy Gerald comes back)
    Fournier, House, (William Howard 2 way)
    Covington, Tucker, Mbah a Moute
    Cousins, Cauley-Stein, (Caboclo or Hartenstein)

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Nah man, I don’t see the Rockets doing that. They actually would prefer someone like Booker or someone with some Star power coming back. Plus picks.

saleem and RocketRed84 like this.
  5. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

I co-sign this. Get it done, Stone!

D-rock likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea doubt westbrook is worth #1 pick, Maybe more like Knicks getting Westbrook and Green with #1, and Wolves getting Barrett . Rockets get the #2 pick and the #8 maybe. Makes bit more since.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyephx4r

Still you get Edwards(#2) and Wiggins #8. Plus heck of alot of space. Knicks would probably pick Ball, with Westbrook being prime time scorer, and Draymon green being big in NY. Warriors will be invincible for awhile with Harden. Twovles would try to run with RJ Barrett ,Towns, and Russell.

Sub in Haliburton for Ball at #8.

#26 Le$$, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea i guess if somehow you could get Knicks in a suns trade to unload westbrook to knicks as well. You could get Booker and Rubio #10 for Harden and get Randle,Portis, #8 for Westbrook. Yea maybe you get the #8 and # 10 pick from both suns and knicks. @Tristan_fiore

Rubio
    Booker
    Portis
    Randle/ #10

#27 Le$$, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hawks insider: "I might get approval today from what we spoke about today. A lot of people who post and lurk could be in for a shock with some of the names."

Get ready @DaBeard i know you love this stuff
    i love it too :)

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

CF is now begging for Andrew Wiggins????

Is the world going insane????

saleem and King1 like this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you can get those top picks hell ya. #1 and #2..

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not happening.

And thank GOD it will not, this draft SUCKS.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Edwards and Toppin got real potential thou.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

neither will ever amount to what Harden and Russ do in just the next season.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Nobody knows, but i tell you one thing the 2021 nba free agency is bigger than anything. Rockets have 0 money to retool there roster. So If you think your going to see houston beat the nuggets in first round we will see about this. Im not gonna complain about retooling or trading anymore, i just want to see what happens im done.

15. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Man somehow, If the Rockets could pull off this trade, even if it does piss Harden off, I would be down:

HOU: Myles Turner, Jrue Holiday, and Reddick
    IND: Eric Gordon
    NOP: Westbrook

it would save Tilman $2.3M and according to PER would get the Rockets 15 extra wins.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Harden would be ok with that trade. New Orleans would not. And don’t try to justify it for them, they can do a lot better with Jrue and Reddick on the trade market.

saleem and Tristan_fiore like this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah I’m sure they could.

saleem likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure Harden would be ok lol, but yeah, there's literally no reason for NOLA to take back such a brick on their cap, i'm sure a big part of their plan is to use the room around those cheap rookie scale contracts to wheel and deal while their young core develops enough. Ingram and Ball are going to get paid soon too so, i just don't see a place for a player and contract like Westbrook there.

saleem likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Hou IN: John Collins, Kevin Love
    Hou OUT: Tucker, Gordon, House, Clemons, Ofrealoptions

Atl IN: Tucker, Clemons, Cleveland's 2022 1st round pick
    Atl OUT: John Collins

Cle IN: Gordon, House
    Cle OUT: Love

Then sign the Booger on vet minimum and any available slap ass who will take minimum. You're definitely a tax paying team but tell me this isn't exciting enough to pay for Tilldoes!

Westbrook, Rivers
    Harden, McLemore
    Covington, Nwaba
    Collins, Demarre Carroll lol
    Love, Cousins

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm reposting this here cause i don't know if some of you guys are looking up at the Hawks insider thread:

Part 1

The CBA was holding things back but that has been resolved to a large degree. They are working on small things to try to up the financials. Here are how things are now:

Giannis

MIL have listened to offers for Giannis but has turned everything down thus far and clearly are focused on trying to win a title and will try to convince him to do a 1+1 deal at the least. They have turned their focus to Chris Paul which they stated they were out on but he’s the only star player they can land considering their refusal to trade a 2022 and beyond 1st. Atlanta did make an offer for Giannis which was extremely good and it was declined. FYI. They do want to resign him to the supermax but realize that might be extremely difficult to do.

MIL still thinks they can land Bogdan from SAC. They are really trying their hardest to land a PG who can win now with. It has been a major challenge for them. A lot of teams with the pieces they desire are not willing to make a deal with them with hopes of getting a steal later from them or just targeting Giannis. That said, this was expected but there are still deals out there for them, it is just going to be hard. They are willing to go into the LT. That is the positive. They are in for Holiday, but Bledsoe isn’t in demand. They had a lot of interest in Lonzo Ball but NO sees him as part of their future.

Jrue Holiday

Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee, Denver, LAC, Dallas, and Miami have been all over a Jrue Holiday trade. I am hearing Brooklyn is leading but Miami can land him if they are willing to trade Tyler Herro who has been off limit. New Orleans still has not been offered exactly what they want so this deal could falter. Atlanta was in talks for Holiday but decided against a move for a rental. He said the team to watch for is Indiana because they really want Brogdon but as you can imagine, so does Indiana. NO will likely lower their demands and make it more realistic for contenders if they truly want to move him which I am not sure they do.

Oladipo

For the most part, his trade value is much lower than his team value to Indy and it is negatively impacting his trade market. There is one team with a keen interest in him, but Indy wants a lot more value for him then what they are willing to trade at the time. This one could happen on draft night or thanksgiving night if that team can give Indy what they want for Oladipo which is a lot.

Gordon Hayward

Atlanta and Hayward’s agent have been talking preliminary on Gordon. So far, no offer has been made or can be made but there is a presumption that there is major interest on both sides. Gordon would love to resign in Boston if the price is right which I have been told is miles apart. He seems like Atlanta’s prized signing for 2020-21. The cost of this signing will be high. He is hearing he is seeking an Al Horford deal and I honestly don’t think that’s bad value if the team he’s going to wants to use him correctly which is exactly how Boston uses him when he’s healthy.

Paul George

LAC/MIN demand is too great for any team to meet so it is unlikely he will be moved. LAC has other plans. They are big on CP3 and some other targets like DeMar DeRozan in a SnT. The Clippers are all in on resigning their guys. But they want to add more depth. Rondo is their big MLE target. The one player they are leaning to trading is Lou Williams and targeting a big man. They have interest in a Christian Wood SnT as well as Al Horford, but Al might be too rich for them. Their lack of draft capital and lack of bad contracts put them in a tough spot. They just want a PG who can run an offense for the most part. LAC has shown interest in Kyle Lowry, but Toronto been tough on moving him to anyone who has called.

Chris Paul

He will be traded to a team of his choice and MIL is not allowed to kill the other team in the deal. He wants to go to a contender; location does not matter. Milwaukee is also leading to get him but CP3 is picky about how the team is after the trade. CP3 salary makes trades hard for all these teams, especially MIL.

No one knows where Chris is going. It is that simple. His contract is ass. He has control as Presti can’t rob you for him, but the issue is, his contract means Presti will by no choice rob you for him. LAC is really the only team that can afford him and OKC is not taking back garbage contracts in return. Even for LAC, CP3 is NOT their 1st option as he eliminates a lot of options for them for depth, but it is an option. CP3 has made it clear, he wants to play for a contender to Presti. MIL is the team where he wants to go. LAC might be the only team that can afford him. With Brooklyn lurking and a faster season, teams are putting a premium on depth this year.

DeRozan

All signs point to him leaving and going to a contender. LAC has shown interest in him and likewise. LAL is surprisingly not interested. People have mentioned Detroit, but a team people should mention is Orlando who has shown interest to DeRozan in the past and could be looking into an Evan Fournier/Aminu SnT. There is a chance he could opt in but I was told, don’t count on it unless the interest just nullifies.

Eric Gordon

While Gordon is seen with high esteem by the Rockets, he is a player that is available for major change. I do not know who that player could be, but it would be amazing to see what the new regime can do to improve the roster. Shockingly, another name mentioned was P.J. Tucker whose value to their team is tremendous. Four names he heard connected with HOU is Holmes/Barnes/picks from SAC and Thybulle/Horford
    (told ya ;)) from PHI.

RoCo is nearly untouchable. Westbrook is seen as a franchise piece and they think Harden is the best player in the NBA aka, idgaf about your offer. There seems to be some real traction with PHI/HOU recently but this could all be a call to pull Harden to PHI but there seems to be interest on both sides.

He said he'll post more later.

Tristan_fiore likes this.