1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Can you provide an example of one racist statement or policy he made while in office?? I only need one.

RustyHarden likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

(siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh) Fine, I suppose I have to do EVERYthing.

wikipedia:

QAnon is a far-right conspiracy theory that alleges that the world is run by a powerful cabal of Satan worshipping pedophiles, who work to undermine US President Donald Trump and his actions against them, with the cabal operating a global child sex trafficking ring. The theory also commonly asserts that Trump is planning a day of reckoning known as "The Storm", when thousands of members of the cabal will be arrested.

I love this next sentence:

No part of the theory is based in fact.

Reeko, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I believe it. These clerical errors happen every year. Kris Koback and Trump did a year long investigation and found examples of hundreds of these cases....

Out of 1 billion votes cast in the past decade.

What you have to show is whether it's some conspiracy that is rampant. Link the specific example also as right now all you have is hearsay.

4. SuraGotMadHops

The Atl mayor and the local governments in AZ that are holding things up are democrats

5. fchowd0311

Again, like my other post, posters have given lengthy lists before and the person asking ignores it or says "that isn't racist".

So I'll ask this. Do you think someone has to outright word for word say something like "I hate black people" for you to say it's a racist statement or implication?

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Does this count?

"Trump said Curiel was not going to be impartial because he was "Mexican." Curiel works in the Southern District of California but was born in Indiana."

How about this?

"President Trump said on Sunday that a group of four minority congresswomen feuding with Speaker Nancy Pelosi should “go back” to the countries they came from rather than “loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States” how to run the government.

Wrapped inside that insult, which was widely established as a racist trope, was a factually inaccurate claim: Only one of the lawmakers was born outside the country."

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Nook, Hakeemtheking, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Okay so are you saying the Democrats are this competent in rigging elections held in states that have GOP state legislators control and control of the governorship?

You do know who controls and regulates elections in each state right? The state legislators and the secretary of state from the governor's office.

#5028 fchowd0311, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. SuraGotMadHops

I know what fascism is and there's only one definition. If we get into a floating definitions then interpretation will go nowhere. I'd like to here your example, really, just one.

10. fchowd0311

His mind is very simplistic. I think he needs an example of Trump saying "I hate naggers" or something as explicit.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Actually we need to agree on a definition for a sincere discussion. If we both have different definitions of fascism then we are just going poo fling.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

They won't have to make that choice because dip$hit will likely not attend any official post-presidency gathering that he does not orchestrate.

RayRay10, Blatz and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So nice to have all the angry progressives on ignore. ...but if any progressives are on...I have a word that will put the Holy Ghost into your wretched soul...: compromise
    Haha

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Let me show you how not setting a definition of fascism before having this discussion will get us nowhere.

I'll give you an example:. Trump calling elections early like he did in Pennsylvania and asking to stop counting mail in ballots because it's going to make him lose are fascist tactics. Riling up his base with frivolous lawsuits and discrediting the election and having his son tell people that they need to go to war is fascist like.

But since we haven't agreed on the term yet, you'll just deny that's fascism.

15. SuraGotMadHops

A lot of nuance here.

16. fchowd0311

Fascists often make their core base of supporters have a foerign entity or "the other" to fear. Jingoism such as telling citizens who immigrated here that they can't be congresspeople even though they are legal citizens is fascist like.

See I told you we need to agree on a definition. I want a nuanced discussion. Bit we can't have it if we can't agree on some simple premises such as "what is fascism?"

17. bongman

bongman Member

Which one? Let me guess....YOURS?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you that those aren’t the only two reasons someone might have voted for Trump. Therefore, I’ll apologize for listing all Trump supporters in those two buckets.

That said, what exactly can any rational person say to a Trump supporter to convince them to join the rest of us in reality?

Just look at this thread: Biden has won this election for all practical purposes but we have numerous Trump supporters still pushing the notion of election fraud despite that the fact it has been debunked by reputable sources. How hard is it to accept your candidate lost like an adult should?

Lar, omar23, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Okay, I get it now, you're being sarcastic. Good one.

daywalker02 and RayRay10 like this.