1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Depends on what Trump does going forward.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dookiester

dookiester Member

i wouldnt be opposed to an IQ test for office either. i think that would've spared us of trump and the qanon candidates.

DVauthrin, daywalker02 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The miracle will be sending as much resources as possible to encourage voters to come out and vote and to sell them on the idea that if they are able to win Senate, Biden will be able to get legislation done, otherwise there will be gridlock in Washington and nothing will be done. Ads will need to reflect Mitch McConnell and his cronies as power hungry individuals which will hold the faith of the country in their hands if they remain in office.

Kim, Lar, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Did you see some of his stuff? Like the pictures with him and fried chicken?

His level of pandering is off the charts... he is 5’0”, grew up poor in foster homes and wasn’t doing anything note until the gritting first Trump started and suddenly he is on FoxNews and other outlets and his comedy act starts selling out for conservative white audiences.

I would feel bad for the guy if he wasn’t harming race relations.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Might have to do a bit of well i hate to say it, "fear tactics" have to make it clear to these people that if Biden is not allowed to work, you could see Trump and Trumpism rise once again.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nevada just dumped more votes. Biden is up 22k.

Just call it already Fox. Call it.

[​IMG]

Rashmon, joshuaao, Dubious and 15 others like this.
  7. Mr. Space City

maybe trump's strategy of dissing state heros john mccain and john lewis wasn't a wise decision....

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Stacey have sleeve of wizard.

Nook, Jontro, Kim and 1 other person like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"Did you say... call it?"

[​IMG]

EDIT: wait, is your gif from... Old Yeller, the original one? I have some stirrings of being a little kid crying in the movie theater.

Rashmon, mdrowe00, Lar and 4 others like this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It appears the urban areas undervoted - Philly had lower turnout than 4 years ago. Basically you are saying that Biden won not because he turned out his base but because he siphoned off disgruntled GOP voters with Trump.

That further supports that Biden goofed on his ground game.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

I haven't look at Milwaukee, but in Fulton County (Atlanta), Biden has about 25% more votes than Clinton had in 2016. But across Georgia, Biden has 30% more votes in than Clinton. And overall statewide turnout is up 25%. So Atlanta voters just kept pace with statewide voter turnout increases - Biden largely won by losing other areas by less than Clinton did.

joshuaao, Nook and JayGoogle like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Add a rigid sanity test to Trump's to do list.

Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Those expecting a nice gracious concession speech from Trump have not looked at the man, his character, and his career.

One of Trump's life mantra is to NEVER EVER accept defeat.

Even when defeated, he has always declared victory, and moved on, to destroy something else.

B-Bob and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So many of these people that have been grifting since 2016. I wonder what they will do with themselves now. I'm sure there's more money to be made and Trump won't just go away quietly.

Nook likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not saying that there weren't other factors, but the black vote turning out was a huge one.

25% more in Fulton is a huge deal, it's the difference between barely leading in GA right now to it being called for Trump.

joshuaao and Nook like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you don't think if the Dems invested in ground games they could have won in Florida and NC? In Florida, the Cuban leadership have been complaining about the Biden's campaign ignoring their recommendations to send out volunteers and start engaging the communities - and you see what happened.

I have to disagree with you here. Having no presence on the ground was a huge mistake. 2018 wouldn't explain the big dip in 2020 as otherwise 2014 should have negatively affected 2016.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It sure is.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Needs to be done across the board. Need to pass HR1 too.

mdrowe00, Dubious, Lar and 2 others like this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

That's how one of my sisters voted in Texas in 2016 and 2020. Clinton vote and Biden vote for Presidency, but all red otherwise down the ballot. Has a gay daughter but voted Cornyn who thinks gays marrying is comparable to marrying animals. Then wonders why her gay daughter keeps a healthy distance from her since moving out unless it's to ask for money. I've sat at those family dinners. Their real beliefs slip after a glass of wine at the dinner table and then it's just awkward eating following that. Rinse and repeat during holiday gatherings where the slightest mention of politics is brought up. This Thanksgiving and Christmas is going to suck.

mdrowe00, joshuaao, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  20. Mr. Space City

We're so close.

No more waking up to see whatever dumb tweet the President makes.

No more waking up to see the President stroke the flames of racism.

No more waking up to see the President enable violent white supremacist right-wing militias.

joshuaao, RudyTBag, MrBear1 and 3 others like this.