1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Sounds like a long Thanksgiving drive from Houston to Blossom with no stops as a kid.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

When this gif is used right.

[​IMG]

HP3, RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If ANY violence happens because of Trump's conspiracy, I hope the Dems hit every single Republican HARD that joined in on Trump's attempted coup.

Don't go soft on them. Tell voters these are not only the people that tried to take YOUR vote away but that these are also the people who promoted a dangerous narrative.

joshuaao, Nook, AleksandarN and 12 others like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Always a lie...

5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s no guarantee that all 9k will be returned - the voting rate for the military isn’t 100%

malakas, Hakeemtheking, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  6. London'sBurning

That's where my real disappointment was with the lack of a more significant blue wave in places like Texas and Florida. All these goons enable this President. They were supposed to be the checks and balances to stop Presidential temper tantrums. They're just as much sellouts as Trump is.

joshuaao, Reeko, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  7. tmoney1101

We lost seats but it didn’t flip. If anything the republicans did pretty well, considering. If anything this is a direct referendum on trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

On a different topic, I wonder if the new path (in the long run) for Democrats is Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina (as replacements for Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania). The Midwest is trending in the wrong direction. Minnesota only holds up because the Twin Cities accounts for around 60% of the state's population. The other midwestern states aren't urbanizing fast enough for Democrats to keep this up (unless Democrats figure out a way to win over rural voters again).

RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Dems are ahead in like 13 races and some are close, I don't think they lose the house.

GOP made up ground but with how partisan things it won't matter much.

10. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

It’s a start.

11. tmoney1101

It’s getting contentious at the cnn desk right now.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I kind of feel bad for Rick Santorum but then I remember he's Rick Santorum.

Nook, AleksandarN, Rashmon and 6 others like this.
  13. Mr. Space City

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So so true...

Most of that 9k is dealing with kids 18 to 20, so you may get 1/4 of those ballads back...

Most guys who are ranked at sgt are above live in apartments and have an established resident.

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. London'sBurning

Aside from the more propaganda motivated rural voters, Democrats should sincerely listen to real issues of rural citizens. I am sure some of it will involve antiquated high paying jobs that are evaporating, but that's just a talking point I can spout off from a newspaper article I read just like saying it's the opioid crisis. I'm positive if sincerely listened to and treated with candor at a grassroots level, including during non-election years, that you could overtime win over enough voters to secure more local elections. At the very least interject rational arguments to the discussion.

Plus with cities like Austin having more white Californian transplants wanting to move into the city, most minorities are moving further and further away from the city into rural areas due to increasing property taxes and rent. I kind of have a sneaking suspicion this is also part of the recent white fright motivating otherwise rational white people. These small population towns are slowly being inhabited by more and more minorities because the rent is cheaper and it's actually getting more expensive to live in the city. At least around Austin anecdotally speaking. And that includes predominantly occupied areas like Plfugerville, where rent is getting high enough for people to move further out to places like Hutto. As Austin continues to get more expensive to live in, expect more poor people, usually minorities, to consider moving out to white rural areas where rent and cost of living is cheaper.

#4255 London'sBurning, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Some type of fecal discharge mixture is what I think of. Swell guy

Cannonball, RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

It's like Im watching a parody of a human being.

Lar, RayRay10 and Mr. Space City like this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

i heard from a gop donor who I'm friends with (rich doctor who knows alot of people in the "gop establishment) they are talking about Trump running for Florida senate seat in 2022 and then challenge mitch leadership role. He'll take on Biden for 2 years as senate head then Run for presidency. If they go that route they need to convince Mark Cuban to run in 2024 or else the dems would be doomed.

Oh lord this decade is going to be batshit crazy LOL. Pelosi vs Trump vs Biden!

#4258 astros123, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Felons can vote in Florida after they’ve paid their fines, but I don’t believe they can run for office.

joshuaao, pahiyas, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

CNN just reported that a new vote dump in Georgia and Trump has extended his lead

Nook, RayRay10 and HP3 like this.