1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As difficult as this is for our country, and as sad as it makes some of us -- in that there won't be a clear knock-out signal for all citizens to recognize -- the sociology of it all is pretty interesting to me.

We used to just not have many elections like this with so many states down to the wire, as far as I know.
    But starting with cable news and then the internet, a huge for-profit set of industries need to maximize political confrontation and anxiety as a way to improve ratings, clicks, and selling ad time.

Voila -- a populace that, no matter who runs as the two candidates, no matter what they say or what they propose, who they grab by what organs, etc... you get nearly a 50/50 split in the electorate. I just don't think that's an accident. But it's definitely a problem.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If you read a report of a pathway to win the president in Yahoo.com, it says that NV already stopped counting today, and GA expects to have the full count by 6PM.

mikol13 and JayGoogle like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

here's the link

Yung-T, Astrodome, foh and 3 others like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thank you, yeah, I was listening to Pakman who said that but didn't know his sources.

Why is Nevada not counting? Man there is no excuse for some of these states when Florida can count their whole state in about 6 hours.

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

Trump Jr and crew declaring victory in Pennsylvania.

Must be talking about Morey.

Yung-T, Nook, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Agreed. It is a sad day that many Americans still support a narcissistic, racist, pathological liar that lacks the requisite moral compass to lead anyone.

People are naive if they think Trump wouldn’t try to abolish term limits if he was reelected. Trump’s idol is Vladimir Putin, and he would love nothing more than to be an autocrat like him.

The current electoral college was useful when America was much smaller as a means of preventing one state from swinging the popular vote on its own. However, in a country with 50 states, it needs to be reformed or eliminated. A presidential candidate should not win despite losing the popular vote by millions.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My mother in law, who is a Trumper, had a meltdown. She's a classic childish Trumper. She apparently told my wife: "tell your boyfriend I hope he enjoys seeing kamala's b**** face for the next 4 years".

Uhh...I'm your son in law of ten years and the father (a damn good one) to your grandchild (and another one on the way).

Not sure how to react to that. Other than to say she's obviously in some sort of mental incapacity by this. Trump Derangement Syndrome?

I think I'm going to just let it go, because she's obviously childish and losing it...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

No BS. Me and my wife are already looking at houses in New Mexico and Arizona. Climate change is real and we're getting the **** out of dodge

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

It was a joke man i have lived here all my life it was a joke.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

Don't let her see her grandkids until she apologizes to you

mikol13, Lar, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Almost all other countries have the same problem. With 40% approval, you can be a president in many countries, which is sad.

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yep, and that should have scared every American to death. Sadly, there are a bunch of people in this country that don’t want to accept the truth that’s right in front of their face.

#1992 DVauthrin, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If you apply game theory here... it seems like there was no other way for America to go... when you have a system that caters to two choices and two choices alone, the electorate and parties will align themselves to either end naturally... like the poles of a magnet.

This built-in binary is dangerous for us and is going to cause us to be both stuck in government gridlock and doomed to cast about wildly for revolutionary answers like AOC and Trump until finally something explodes and we dislodge the problem or die trying.

Lar, Yung-T, London'sBurning and 2 others like this.
  14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just to follow up, funny thing is, I haven't talked politics to her in about three weeks...

Lar, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So this was interesting.

I was talking to a hispanic custodial woman in my school and she was saying she did not like Biden and I asked her why?

She said that she heard that Biden wanted to do away with the 2nd amendment and do away with gas, I said he did not say those things and she wanted to show me on the internet.

I said thats ok and then she said she could not vote anyway.

So that shows me how much Trumps propaganda penetrated.

The reason why I knew this is because she was talking to a white lady almost bragging, that explains a lot to me.

17. Rudy

Rudy Member

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You should let it go. Not to get personal, but I don't think your wife should have told you something her ma said in anger like that. Just my 2 cents, unrequested. :p

Two Sandwiches, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rudy is driving around Phili trying to stop the vote watching in real time Trump's Pennsylvania lead eroding.