1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

if not for Covid, I have no doubt he would beat Biden, and they already lost to him in 2016

Democrats keep trotting out these ancient, corporate types that excite no one

RayRay10, Andre0087, ryan_98 and 3 others like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Because Biden is ahead and the votes left to count are heavy D.

Trump has no avenue to win now other than legal action.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Biden was up big early in Ohio and NC and then lost because mail in voting was counted first. In Michigan and Wisconsin it is being counted last.

#1483 Air Langhi, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because of where the expected uncounted ballots are from.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@malakas

You mentioned an article you read about populist leaders and how they typically are in office for a long time. Can you share that link? I'd like to read it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's all based on the remaining votes and where they are left to be counted. A lot of them are mail-in votes and that in general favors Biden. Some of the counties left to count are strong blue supporters. So the votes are likely to shift in favor of Biden, pending any last minute surprises.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

From this Party?

How about from this country, there is nothing the democratic party could have done just look at all the ****ery around covid by Trump and it was still this close.

How would anybody else have done better?

Trump voters where not jumping ship for anybody.

RayRay10, JayGoogle, TheFreak and 4 others like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Donny, I've enjoyed following you and @Nook posts. You guys stayed on course and never panicked. Between watching PBS and reading commentary by you guys and also following the numbers, I felt a lot more calm falling asleep last night.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How does the senate look?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Let me get this straight you now want proof. This after telling us the Dems are cheating with out any proof given what’s so ever. Sounds like a typical trump supporter lol

RayRay10, DVauthrin and gfab-babyboi like this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

so antifa, and lgbt looters make up trumps base, also a large percentage of rioters among blm were white identified as well

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Thanks man. I've enjoyed your commentary too. I'm glad I chose an extra dose of tylenol PM and went to bed early. Last night was just an exercise in making yourself crazy it seems.

13. fchowd0311

I didn't even bother posting last night because I knew so many Trump trolls were going to come in and declare premature ownage.

ElPigto and Outlier like this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Well, at this point in time, Trump definitely does not want the counting of the votes to be stopped because he is trailing now.

In addition, like Reko mentioned, democrats need to develop a plan to introduce a more appealing message to the people who did not vote for Biden. Tell them how you plan to make their lives better and leave identity politics out of those plans. This need to be done soon, in preparation for the 2022 midterm elections and 2024 presidential election.

16. fchowd0311

Healthcare. Healthcare. Healthcare. It's one of the few positions the Democrats dominate on in terms of polling. People know the GOP is lazy with healthcare. Spam that to blue collar workers.

17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

LGBT looters? That's a new one.

You are being taken advantage of. You are clearly regurgitating talking points that were strategically provided to you. You deserve better. WE deserve better.

How about if you really cared about minorities, you would invest in our education system, all the way from K-12th grade. What did the person you support do? Put Betsy DeVos as the Secretary of Education. DeVos was absolutely NOT qualified for that position, and most people that used logic and evidence should see what that would lead to. Four years later, and she has been the exact **** stain that most saw coming. Her incompetence shined bright.

Don't let facts get in the way.

18. HardenVolumeOne

black MEN unfornately wont get anything better than trump in my lifetime and im in my late twenties. The rest of the so called republicans are rinos who are just as racist as liberals

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It is so amazing that Trump have so much support, I now have no doubt we will have some smarter, more polished right wing politicians take his play book and win time and time again in this country. This election says so much about the character of this country.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

And taxing the **** out of the rich. Healthcare and income inequality are the two things I feel most of the country should get behind.

Leave the woke topics for later.