1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. biina

biina Member

Trump should not be president of any country, even if he ran unopposed.

That he has been president for 4yrs is bad enough, but that he is re-elected, electoral college or not, is quite damning imo

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I dont even know why we tally the total votes when that is not what the objective is. That is like winning the hit total in a baseball game. Gotta score those runs.

Nippystix, B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why even have a national election? There are like 4 or 5 states that matter. Lets call it the Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio election.

NewRoxFan, B-Bob, Astrodome and 2 others like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

I have prepared plenty of snacks for the show.

Which channel should I illegally stream and what time should I expect the results coming out? 7pm ET?
    Is CNN good?

This time last year I was saying the exact same thing about the first season games. Looking up streams, putting all nighters to see the NBA *sigh*

IBTL, TWS1986, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

CNN is fairly good, I'm biased of course. Fox News is actually SEMI fair these days, but I prefer CNN.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I usually watch PBS as it’s mostly reporting on what’s happening without too much “hawt takes.” Not sure if you’d be able to stream it outside the country though.

B-Bob and malakas like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TO THE POLLS!

Amiga, B-Bob, No Worries and 3 others like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For raw info CNN is good. For the most unbiased analysis PBS or listen to NPR. You can stream those online.

For stuff like this I will tend to flip around. CNN has a very good infrastructure and resources so they will break things quickly. There analysis can get insufferable at times.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Aren't results announced at midnight or so? I will be asleep by then.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who else is cooking out tonight?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll never understand why people wait until election day, which is a Tuesday, a working day, to vote when there is 2 weeks of early voting.

Lar, Jayzers_100, BigM and 3 others like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what about state media?
    what channel is that
    i want to watch the enemy of the people show

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Because there's still something to be said for where the country as a whole stands. It might not determine the actual results, but it should be important for the administration to understand what the populace is thinking. That's why trumpybear is such a disliked and terrible president. He's only been a president for his base and his base only. That's 35-40% of the country. If you want to use baseball as a metaphor...if a pitcher gives up 14 hits and 8 runs but his team wins 9-8, did the pitcher have a good game?

I find it hard to see a circumstance in which Biden wins the popular vote by 5 or more points and loses. If you think about the total # of votes in the EC that Clinton lost by, adding more to that total almost assuredly covers that difference. No states that were close but went to HRC are now going trump. The states that were close and went to trump in '16 are now leaning blue. A larger percentage of total votes likely means those states (WI, MI, PA) are going the other way.

Lar, Amiga, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good lord, NO --> CNN is very biased and will be both misleading and intentionally upsetting. They've really worsened over the years.
    If you lean to the left, you will find their talking heads more comforting, but ugh.

NPR/PBS will be covering it. I still think our public broadcasting system (however long we decide to keep it running) is pretty good and calm. Of the old major networks, I find CBS to be the least biased (and ABC the most liberal-leaning).

Fivethirtyeight.com will have a live chat running all today on the nitty-gritty, I believe.

Enjoy America's spectacle, @malakas . LOL

RayRay10, malakas, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. B-Bob

I've always thought an elected leader would really want to know and grapple with such a result, as in "I have a lot of people to win over." Of course, one can clearly also say "fake news!" and then act as if he hates "blue" states for four years. LOL. This has been so fun.

RayRay10, Nippystix and JayGoogle like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

We're gonna hit 70%+ participation. Insane.

DVauthrin, jiggyfly, Amiga and 6 others like this.
  18. B-Bob

We may know AZ, GA, FL, and NC pretty early, just in terms of them having good counting infrastructure and systems in place, but only if they have good margins for one candidate or another. An early, clear Biden win within that group (which easily could not happen) would be a good sign for team blue. I think team red won all of those in 2016.

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Trump has already closed a 119k early voting gap to 23k in 2 hours in Florida.

Republican our performing Dems in Dade and Palm beach counties.

Lead should be gone within the next hour.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s a referendum on what America will be in the 20s. Right or wrong.

IBTL, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.