1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook Trade ideas!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Sep 10, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Ehhh....its kind of tough. On one hand, Paul George can shoot and is actually a perfect fit next to Harden, on the other.....Simmons is a better play maker. And his defense is most likely better than George is and he can defend more positions. IT IS TOUGH my guy haha. Man...I feel like Simmons shooting might be a real big problem though ugggh.

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ancillary Trade Option#2

https://tradenba.com/trades/fgE8I21JM

BOS: Myles Turner, Eric Gordon, Andre Iguodala
    MIA: Victor Oladipo
    IND: Gordon Hayward, Danuel House, Ben McLemore
    HOU: Marcus Smart, Tyler Herro, Robert Williams, KZ Okpala

6'3 Smart
    6'5 Herro/6'5 Nwaba
    6'5 Harden/6'8 KZ
    6'7 RoCo/6'5 PJ
    6'10 Simmons/6'9 Timelord Williams

MLE: 6'8 Josh Jackson or 7'0 Meyers Leonard

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I absolutely love Harden. I'm loyal to him till the end. That's why it pains me to see him be so loyal to a bad player like Westbrook. I'm of the mindset that if it really is true that Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook gets traded then you cant trade Westbrook. That's why I'm saying it's such a shame that his personal feelings got in the way of his basketball IQ and he tied himself to such a flawed #2. If it wasn't for Harden I'd be happy shipping Russ of for role players. I don't need a fantasy team just a functional one.

HardenVolumeOne and HP3 like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Simmons might be a better overall player than PG, which is very debatable, and much younger. But he is a non-shooter. We all know how a non-shooter guard fits with Harden. PG is a perfect fit next to Harden. But after this year's playoffs, PG's stock has fallen off a cliff.

That said, Simmons can be a rich man's Capela. Bring back the PnR alley-oop.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

You get Simmons and take the ball out of James’ hands and make him play off ball for 50% of the game this season. I can see a lineup of Chris Clemons, Harden, Simmons, Covington, and PJ making crunch time hell for the other team.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, Im saying man, its tough. I lean towards PG.

saleem and Easy like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, you do not understand the knicks

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/1...o-taking-big-contract-like-russell-westbrook/

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So what makes anything you say credible about what the Knicks want to do?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Exactly what they’ve been doing since the melo nightmare years. Following all that to this point gives you a good idea of what they’re trying to do whether anyone agrees with it or not. Rather than just assuming they’re still the Knicks that will just take westbrick away from the rockets and do them a favor

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You mean like getting Rose and Noah? How did that work out?

Dude, their strategy hasn't changed at all - you simply don't know what you are talking about

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Key point in the posts. Since the melo nightmare years. So that leaves you with 2017 when they
    Moved him to okc

yeah they’re doing things different. It doesn’t really matter if you believe it or not. You can think they want westbrick all you want. They don’t

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You have a new GM and a new coach not known for rebuilding. Those guys aren't going to sit around and do nothing and lose.

The Knicks have assets. They want to win. That is their mentality. They will be hunting for a big name contract or a big name draft pick.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes they’re going to because that’s what the current process they’re in. They have no choice but to do so. Especially when they’re looking at how much deeper the east is now. There’s 0 overnight fixes that put them in the mix of top teams in the east

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmao if Clemons is in during crunch time I guarantee the other team is going to be very happy

D-rock likes this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We will need to follow the OKC or Raptors model that's it. We need to have a big, Westbrook not being able to shoot is a problem but not one that can't be fixed by switching positions. Lakers didn't double Butler like they did Harden and only one won one more game than us! Why blow it up? That makes no sense.

D-rock likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

More realistic than the dumb sh*t involving multiple stars and still acting like we have a chance at Turner or Aaron Gordon. Any trade moving WB will suck..... I prefer getting back terrible, short contracts.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Even though we differ about Harden at times :p I respect your opinion and you are one of the more knowledgeable guys here. Do you see any possible way this team can realistically get better? Is there any avenue we can get rid of Westbrook and get back anything that would fit better with Harden? I just have a feeling we will running it back with very very small tweaks to the end of the bench guys

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks man, feel same about you.

But Rockets are stuck with Russ for at least another season unless the team struggles badly due to new system and Russ fit.

Otherwise some small tweaks would include more energy players that will not only run with Russ in transition but run (cuts, screens, etc.) in half court giving both Russ and Harden more options.

But this requires FO to not only find but develop more economical options, this is critical. Not just depend on older players.

Just adding even 1 more 6'8+ stretch 4/5 that can switch on D would be a game changer.

saleem, Ramo$e and ksny15 like this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Remember when we used to develop players lol? What happen to Hartestein, Onauku, Zhou chi (know he is in china but you get the point)?

D-rock likes this.