1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screaming A Smith: 76ers should make a trade for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Nah. Kawhi was always considered a top 5 player. He has always been in the MVP discussion which would put you in the top 5.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden's work ethic is probably Kobe level, but nobody ever talks about it because they just love to hate. Everyone knows he's most likely the biggest gym rat because he genuinely enjoys playing basketball, that's why you will always see him in random Drew league and pickup games in the off season.

I'm also not surprised WB doesn't practice as much, he's been injured a lot more in recent years, but it's also no surprise that his jump shots and freethrows are wonky as well.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook for Embiid isn’t an actual rumor...it’s the delusional ramblings of fans online that severely overestimate the value of our players time and time again

Philly pairing Westbrook with Simmons makes no sense. Westbrook isn’t close to the value of Embiid, and Morey isn’t trading for him anyways.

saleem, MettaWorldPete, Amel and 2 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sure Morey can’t wait to do that deal

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sure, if we can also get Westbrook to the Knicks for assets and get Simmons/young players + 5 picks with swaps for Harden.

Then we'd basically would be doing an OKC type rebuild.

RocketFan likes this.
  6. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Westbrook for RJ and Randle
    Harden, Gordon, Clemons and Chandler for Simmons, Tobias Harris, Korkmaz, Richardson and 2 first rounders (NOT from Philadelphia, unprotected) and 2 second rounders.

It may be asking for too much though?

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

If I'm Tilman, I stay the F away from Morey and Sixers for the rest of my life.

But sitting here and thinking about it, Morey works so ****ing hard, I don't think Tilman is ready to see just how much pressure he's going to feel during the deadlines. It's one thing to work up a trade just for the Rockets, when Sixers can pressure everyone else with other trade propositions Rockets really don't stand a great chance. We have a hard time beating other teams in a lot of trades as it is.

MettaWorldPete, Amel and D-rock like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@HP3

a trade i liked, but not all star level player yet, would be Chicago.

I am irrationally bullish on Coby White.
    Look at his pre vs. post all-star numbers.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4395651/coby-white

I mean you'd have to REALLY think he has serious upside. I do, but recognize its a risk.

Anyway, basis of the trade is:
    Rockets out = Harden
    Rockets in = White, Markanen, Otto Porter Jr, #4 pick, 2022 bulls first, 2024 bulls first, couple swap rights.

??

Can work around the edges to make it work.

The downside is you are a crappy version of the Mavs. The upside is Coby White turns into the next great PG.

It's probably too much downside, but just a thought

HP3 likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

you had me at Otto Porter Jr

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. JayZ750

lol, were you the OPJr guy from way back?.

I think this is his last year of his contract... so maybe the Bulls don't really view it as a toxic contract anymore, and rather a legit trade asset, or just let it expire from their books.

Beyond the need to match, that's part of the reason i included it. Stone does some contract re-arranging and then might have some real cap room to add to the young core.

The PROBLEM, of course, is that the Rockets don't own ALL their own picks going forward, and the team would not really be a playoff team.

But the idea was definitely try and do something like the Nuggets or Mavericks.... such that in 3-5 years they can be really good again.

Alternatively Id potentially package the #4 pick with Westbrook and try and get something back that builds on that strategy. Like #4, Westbrook, BMac to Charlotte for #2, Batum, PJ Washington.

I believe this is also Batum's last year of his deal. So they'd have like $50 million coming off the books, or to use as trade bait at the deadline.

#90 JayZ750, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've followed Coby White a lot since NC. I like him as a player. There's upside but I don't think he's going to be one of the next great pg's in this league though. He should have a solid career though maybe bledsoe/conley esqe. I actually think LMark has a higher ceiling than he does. It's just hes been slowed down by injuries.

I was down for OPJ previously but he's no longer necessary with RoCo here. he's a much better player. and opj's injury history is just as bad as EG's if not worse and opj is still only 27

12. JayZ750

Ha! I feel the exact opposite. Well I like them both, but feel Lauri might have peaked already, partly because of the injuries.

Why I like Coby? he put up some REALLY good games to end the Bulls season. three straight 30 point games on great efficiency. His assist numbers also started to creep up. he also started getting to the FT line. granted, turnover numbers also really popped up. And he's not 21 yet.

It's a bit of a risk, as mentioned. Either something clicked and he "got it", and the LONG break has allowed him to really work on his game... OR he just had the ball a lot more.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

best pg prospect they've had by far since D.Rose and they've been waiting for a long time.

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I want to see this trade happen just to hear the excuse making (for a different team!!) on this forum when Harden can’t get it done. Having Joel doesn’t win him the chip. And the idea that Simmons would allow hm freedom to roam off ball?? Uh, we’ve been down that road before.

15. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I think simmons is a better individual talent than draymond, but I don't get the Russ comparison ... he can't create off the dribble, has no go-to individual moves in the half court. He's a playmaker with great vision that thrives in transition due to being able to see over defenses at his height. Like if you're saying he rebounds better, fine. But offensively he's even more limited than Russ. No jumpshot obviously, but he doesn't even have individual dribble moves. Did you watch when they had jimmy butler how he just stood around in the clutch while jimmy hadta try to carry them? He was so useless. Pairing him with Harden will ruin our offense even more than russ' fit, as we all know harden doesn't move without the ball.

Nonetheless, he's much better a defender than Russ. But offensively, I don't see it. Pairing Simmons and Harden is a trainwreck offensively.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Think of Simmons as Capela in PnR. With ability to kick out at rim if necessay.

Simmons leads NBA is assisted 3's so his passing is not as nondescript as you make it seem.

Simmons like Russ, averages nearly a triple double.

And this was only Simmons 3rd season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

D-rock likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He obviously thinks Rockets fans are stupid.
    @Os Trigonum @Reeko
    Well he’s right , he’s talking about the ones who Listen to his show on espn on the regular

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

this, and that “Jalen Rose thinks a Westbrook for Embiid trade should happen” shouldn’t even be threads

saleem likes this.