1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't read his posts, but took at peek at the ones you responded to. Personally, I thing littletexxx and @dachuda86 are about equal when it comes to ignoring reality.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So... as the morbidity rate is way less than then. But Texas has about 20-100 more deaths per day than New York every day for months now.

And “red” states on down the line have more cases and deaths per capita presently. Or that New York would obviously where a new virus like this would explode. Unless you think it’s just a contagious on the interstates and highways than trains and subways, while being the most in international city travel wise in the US.

None of that matters though. Duhhh Republicans good. Democrats bad.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Data doesn’t lie. People (like peleincubus) do.

the rationalization is pathetic. The death data speaks for itself.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What did I lie about in my post?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

If bbs people wanted this thread to be helpful, informative and factual, bbs people would ignore certain other bbs people.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Data is data, interpretations and extrapolations have bias.

Its insane to say though that anything positive is happening on the Covid front. More people are getting it and the long term issues from it, permanent lung damage and cognitive issues, are just becoming apparent. This morning I read two articles suggesting exposure immunity starts to wane after three months. Reports are starting to come in of people having Flu and Focus at the same time.

So Trump's concern was how the pandemic will effect the stock market, and if we lie about it it can be minimized. But that's just typical short term thinking. The shock wave of the mass pandemic is going to effect our economy for years with joblessness, failed small businesses, bankruptcies in real estate ( single family, multifamily, commercial and office space.) Airlines and the hospitality industry.

All those effects could have been less if Trump had done the job he ran for, the prime protector of the People, the leader of rational response, the spokesperson of truth, the example to follow. But he was only concerned with his image, the self-described 'winner' in a world where everything is great and getting better. He purposely detached himself from reality, like our resident puffers do.

#3286 Dubious, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    superfob, RayRay10 and arno_ed like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

People keep using this phrase/ word -- I do not think they understand what it means.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Deflating another trump lie...

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Outlier

Outlier Member

You've been duped. Bigtexxx is going to ignore the logic in your post and come back with a 1-sentence post. It's clear his mind was made up long ago. Months ago he said deaths would decrease by at least half in one month. Lol it's nowhere close. So now he's still using the red vs blue states argument... As if it wasn't one freaking country. Dude is a bonafide troll and a useless idiot in real life.

10. NewRoxFan

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Someone brought Cuomo up again? Good lord. Are we interested in solving problems, saving lives, and keeping the economy alive in a manageable way, or are we interested in... April 2020?
    Another Trump property left to rot, I guess.
    [​IMG]

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I haven't been duped. I've been on this board long enough to know who the trolls are. I only post here for my own amusement. It crystallized your thoughts when you express them, and its an outlet for emotion.

We've stomped on that dude for so long and so hard if be had a shred if self awareness or wasn't being paid he would have skulked off years ago, during the Obama Administration or before.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Apparently not.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

While trump simply gave up and denies there is even a problem anymore... the numbers keep growing faster and faster...

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

But but I thought it was all a hoax and deaths were way down?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Outlier

Outlier Member

These people on ICU don't matter, only deaths do. -Roscoe the idiot

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Especially considering that (I believe) absolutely no one on this board had defended Cuomo's decision, but it's the only thing texx has to hang his hat on. He used to pop into threads every 2-4 weeks to talk about declining death rates. Haven't seen his stats in a while.

RayRay10 and Outlier like this.
  18. Outlier

Outlier Member

"Oh look at that. Lowest death on a Tuesday since July 4th!" Derp

19. NewRoxFan

Nice job abbott...

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

A new record... first time over 100,000 new cases yesterday. And no end in sight... hopefully once the election is over the administration will start to focus on this.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.