1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pre Existing Conditions Speaks To All Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Oct 30, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like the ACA and i appreciate Democrats not tripping over themselves and getting it done. That being said i don't consider a right

Freedom is free. It may cost to defend it but its free. Healthcare is a service, provided by a person who paid a lot of money to learn how to provide it.

No one has a right to someone's service. If there were no doctors how could the government guarantee healthcare as a right?

That being said i see Republicans running on ending pre existing conditions insurance denial. This speaks to most Americans as denying someone on this basis as discrimination. Even more pertinent is anyone can see themselves having a pre existing condition.

Democrats really had trouble finding their voice on selling the ACA but the selling point has naturally risen to the forefront.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

do you have a pre existing condition

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh. My. God.

He does, it’s called ignorance.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well said.

5. KingCheetah

Pgabs has so many Obamacare won't even cover him.

TWS1986, Ubiquitin, adoo and 2 others like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I have type 1 diabetes but that isnt concern me on this issue. Wal-Mart sells Diabetic supplies including insulin very cheaply but only in the last five years

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But im wrong for cursing this ******* out. I write a well reasoned post. Here comes dick riding dumbass but im wrong

Thats why i would not give a **** about what any of yall think. The ass holes liking his post but pgabriel is drunk

Good lord

Nook likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

*Load

TWS1986 and AleksandarN like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Doctors are not being asked to provide service for free ... silly rabbit
    All healthcare plans are about who pays for it, and how much

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When does car maintenance become a right? I mean i really need a car to live.

But thats not not the point. I see Republican candidates like Cornyn and Crenshaw saying people should not be denied on pre existing conditions. I really don't understand what people are upset about

I really don't care if you think if you disagree on it being a right. Its a necessity regardless

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Look man, maybe people's health and lives are dollar signs to you, but some us understand that complexities of the system and the evil of allowing them to exist in a free market ruled by greed rather than compassion.

You like paying a lot for your healthcare (assuming you don't have employer provided healthcare) then kudos. My healthcare plan with my company, for just myself, costs almost $6,000 a year. My employer pays $5,000 and I pay the remaining $1,000. With this, I still have a $1,750 deductible and a $6,000 out of pocket maximum.

My wife, has a different plan through a different employer. I'm sure if I had her on my plan, I'd be paying even more.

I have a very good job, I make good money and I can afford to pay the deductibles and out of pocket annual costs and not be ****ed. However, half of the country doesn't even have $1,000 for a ****ing emergency. Usually if these individuals have a health sponsored plan, they usually have very high deductibles as well and go into debt simply trying to pay the deductible.

Now let's imagine someone that may have Obamacare, maybe it is fully subsidized by the government, but they still have deductibles and out-pocket maximums to still meet. For those that are provided subsidies, it's nice that they no longer have to go into 5 to 6 figure debt initially to get medical care, however, they are still ****ed and ultimately are still going to be unable to pay the deductibles and out of pocket maximums.

There are many circumstances people get sick, whether poor eating habits which leads to poor health, hereditary conditions out of their control, birth defect conditions out of their control, cancer (OUT OF THEIR CONTROL), etc. My point, everyone should have a right to be seen by a doctor and should have a right not go bankrupt to stay alive. Maybe you believe that only those that can afford to pay deductibles, out of pocket maximums and premiums deserve medical health care. Maybe you believe that someone that has to fend for themselves and does not have employer provided insurance and doesn't qualify for ACA subsidies, should be able to pay whatever astronomical amounts healthcare costs. Not me though, I believe we need to take the private insurers out of the market and not allow some corporate jackasses to profit of our misfortunes.

Please tax me and lets give everybody an equal opportunity to be able to live. Lets give everybody the opportunity to not be scared of going to the doctor and instead do preventative care. I'd like to encourage people to not wait until **** hits the fan before they get seen by a doctor (which at that point they are usually at an emergency room paying premium rates for something that could of been handled through preventive measures).

#11 ElPigto, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Andre0087, jchu14, Nook and 3 others like this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont care. Sell pre existing is the point

Sell it. Republicans sell better thats one reason they aren't going away

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is it possible for you to reframe from making idiotic statements like this and actually provide a good argument.

Why don't you think it's a right? Why do you support the free market controlling how to **** us when it comes to paying for our treatments? Why should a corporate son of a b**** get a huge bonus because they figured out a way to deny a large chuck on the population coverage because they bloody felt like it? Why should someone with cancer jump through ****ing hoops during such a stressful situation just to convince their son-of-a-b**** insurance company to pay for their healthcare?

I want to know why?

Go **** yourself if you are going to give some idiotic comparisons like the one above. That works only on simple minded people that have absolutely no way of thinking for themselves.

Andre0087, AleksandarN, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@ElPigto

What are you arguing about?

Good lord i say im happy with the aca and you wrote all that for what?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

For those who want to argue its a right

The government can guarantee uour service?

Answer the simple ass question if there were no doctors how can the government guarantee it?

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

People in the US has a right to free legal service when prosecuted. Lawyers required.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Lawyers who work for the government. If the government prosecutes then they have lawyers

The government is the law. Medicine is science

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There you go. Your answered your question on how the gov can guarantee a right to a service.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The government is the law

The government cant make science or make what fixes you in terms if rules

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Healthcare isn't a right, education isn't a right, firefighters aren't a right, police aren't a right, roads aren't a right, safe water isn't a right, clean air isn't a right

But guns...thems sh*ts is a right.

MURICA F*CK YEAH, BRAIN FRIED ON ANARCHO LIBERTARIANISM TALKING POINTS F*CK YEAH

Nook, AleksandarN, Reeko and 5 others like this.