1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Eyes of Texas Problem

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by don grahamleone, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Who the **** are you? Why should we care about your opinion on UT football?

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. raining threes

I could ask the same of you.

I thought this MB was a place people gave their opinions.

Your opininion arries no more weight than mine. A response like this means you've lost the debate and this is the best response you could come up with. This is an indictment of our educational system.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cut funding to UT based on @Brando2101's response. Drag him in effigy across the six pack.

raining threes likes this.
  4. Brando2101

I've never even seen you in the UT thread and now all of a sudden you have opinions to throw down?

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Chip Brown on The Eyes...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Brando2101

What a dumb ****ing quote. It speaks to how so many people in the admin and alums aren't getting it. The soccer team and volleyball team are both pretty diverse. However, the vast majority of UT football starters are black. It's such terrible optics. It's cringeworthy bad. Stop singing the stupid song. If you want to sing a parody song I would suggest Gangster's Paradise.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This thread really isn't about UT football if we are being honest.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Brando2101

Yea so why I give an F what you think about singing the song at football games if you are never in the football thread? Who cares what a non fan thinks?

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Because one can have an opinion about this issue without even knowing the rules of football.--They aren't related.

10. Buck Turgidson

It's just a song. The (largely white) boosters will get over it. Or they'll get old and die off, whichever comes first.

11. Buck Turgidson

His point, as I see it, is that it's kind of trollish to see random people in this thread with serious opinions who have never been around here before.

That may not apply to you, or any one else in particular, but maybe let us Longhorns b!tch about this and fix it without too much outside blahblahblah.

Has anyone asked what Kirk Herbstreit thinks?

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Well, he's got one thing right, I don't give a rat's ass about UT football, but this thread showed up as tending thread on the front page. I didn't even know there was a UT football thread. Frankly, It's a hot button issue, why do you have to be a verified UT forum participant to comment on it?

13. Brando2101

You don’t if that’s where you stand. My issue is with “fans” of the team who seem to care about this but have never even posted about the team. Just be honest about where you are coming from.

T for 3 likes this.
  14. raining threes

Then you haven't been observent

15. raining threes

Racist post of the night

I just want a badass team to represent the state of Texas

Tomstro likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

No, that's all cool. Sorry if I overstepped the bounds.

What I can't figure out is why anyone who is not affiliated with UT would give a damn about this whole deal, one way or another.

17. raining threes

Cut them and start over. They can't tackle and after 4 years of Herman I've started thinking he's been stealing money

18. Brando2101

What if all the black football players refused to stand for the eyes. Cut all the black kids? Field an all white team?

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Nah man. You didn’t overstep anything. It’s all good. I guess why I care about it is the similar situations that have come up where people decide to boycott things where I don’t think they should. That’s why I commented. I have no opinion on ut or Ut football. I barely watch any college football.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

That's good, because I'm a habitual overstepper.

Did you know that when they sang the "national anthem" at the Chicago World Fair of 1892 they sang "My Country Tis of Thee", because there was no official national anthem and nobody knew what else to sing? 1913 is when it was made official, and frankly they could have picked any one of 4 better songs. They could have waited and used Ray Charles.

The "Pledge of Allegiance" was invented during the Fair, too, because someone thought it would be cool for schoolkids all around the country to all recite some words at the same time one morning.

"Devil in the White City" is a great book.

jiggyfly likes this.