1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screaming A Smith: 76ers should make a trade for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Tilman was burned by Morey with him going to Philly. Tilman would never trade Harden unless he demanded a trade and told Ferntits he was leaving no matter what.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've said this in other threads... but... why are people so high on Philly?

They got close last year (2 years ago), with Jimmy Butler as their leader. Without Butler, they've struggled in the playoffs. Yes, like the Rockets have recently, but the Sixers are in the East.

And it's impossible to predict when Simmons or Embiid will be injured.

In short, how is there a package available for Harden form Philly that makes sense?

If Stone can prove he's also a wizard and nail his first trade by expanding it and making it a 3/4 team trade and getting more stuff from other teams... that'd be great. But how does he do that? Sixers aren't trading Simmons AND Embiid for Harden, and literally nothing else they have would make a package for Harden worth it, or be worth it for another team. Who wants Tobias Harris or Al Horford with those contracts? How valuable are Sixers 1st round picks with Harden + one of Simmons/Embiid?

Basically, this isn't happening.

Rudyc281 and Ramo$e like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

one team has plenty of 1st round picks at its disposal with morey now at the helm. the other has absolutely none.

it isn't likely but lets not act like the rockets won't be entertaining harden trades at all in the near future especially when it's absolutely bleak assuming he remains to keep houston somewhat afloat for the next 3 years

HP3 likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If Moore A calls and offers Ben and 4 firsts (all top 5 protected), what should Mr Stone do?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. JayZ750

what does that have to do with the likelihood of a Harden trade to Philly?

many Harden trade to Philly that involves draft picks coming back to whomever... those picks aren’t worth that much. Philly is a top 4 team in the East for the next 4 years with Harden plus whomever.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

1st round picks are worth a ton. people try to always use the those aren't worth much angle and yet we've seen great players get traded for a number of them plus players all the time.

You know what isn't worth anything, someone who is going to leave anyway and no longer wants to be here

Harden is your most valuable asset. your team has no future with 0 draft picks right now. I'd say their is some relevance there

HP3 likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Only if we get to trade Tilman!

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Its really silly to think that the Rockets are in a better position going forward than Philly is, really silly.

DVauthrin and BMoney like this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If you are getting an absurd return for Westbrook (Embiid, KAT, etc) you make that move, I don;t care if Harden is mad. Let them figure it out, if he is still mad at the end of the season then trade him too, you will get another star. If they are successful, Harden will get over it.

10. JayZ750

first round picks are add ons to the main package in return and then only in deals when a move is happening almost regardless. OKC got lots of first round picks for Paul George but the main thing they got back was SGA. They still have the ability to sign and trade Gallinari as well.

I’m not saying picks have no value... but precisely the reason many of the picks OKC wanted back was pretty far into the future was because Presti knew the Clippers pick this year wouldnt be all that valuable... RELATIVELY speaking.

Simmons plus 3 first round picks from the 76ers probably still isn’t enough for Harden... UNLESS Harden demands that trade...

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can actually see Dola...ehm, i mean, Tilman, not moving Harden (especially) to Philly even if Harden straight up says "if you don't trade me i'm gonna leave in 12 months".

HP3 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't worry, we wouldn't get anything close to that return.

We would be lucky to get something like Kennard, Rose, Snell and Maker form Detroit or Fournier, Aminu and Bamba from Orlando.

joshuaao, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

like I said picks plus players has been a package for good/great players for quite some time now. And with Harden's days here being numbered, there will be that time to finally realize yeah they're going to have to get something. Especially when this organization is sitting pick less and not winning a ship anytime soon and him being now 31. 1st round picks have always been used in packages and more and more pick packages are being used to get better players. Not only that more and more teams are finding solid talent and winning players no matter if its early or late in the 1st round.

The main thing wasn't SGA. it was all the 1st round picks. SGA was just a solid rookie as okc is thinking about the future anyway. If SGA was the main package all those 1st round picks wouldn't have been included. you don't trade 5 first round picks and believe a rookie with potential is the main get. It isn't.

HP3 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather have Wood-Kennard-Rose from DET or AG-Ross-Bamba from ORL.

Throw in BMac or House if necessary.

MLE targets: Aron Baynes, Nerlens Noel, Josh Jackson

#55 D-rock, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Vivi likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh for sure, same here, i just don't think we would get AG form Orlando in a Westbrook trade (even though i'm pretty sure AG's value took a hit last season, especially considering the growth Isaac showed). The Detroit one...yeah, i can see it, i think, reports are saying the Pistons are looking at a guard in the draft, but considering where they'll draft, maybe it's not something set in stone, and getting Westbrook might have them shift to a big.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

he basically wants the Sixers and Rockets to just switch rosters...lmao

What are Simmons and Embiid doing in the West when they can’t even do anything in the East?

Rudyc281, D-rock and HewbieTrippin like this.
  18. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Never really been sold on Simmons. He's surprised me by how great a defender he is in stretches, but I'm not sure how pairing him with another playmaker (either Russ or Harden) really works. Is he supposed to be draymond? Coming off rolls for 4-on-3 playmaking, liability in his shooting? Not like he'd be passing to Steph/Klay/KD. I'm confused as to why he's unanimously deemed a superstar ... or someone with a sky high ceiling. He's athletic, young, and has already had his big numbers, not sure how much higher it gets with early signs of injury.

But most raw talent players can at least attempt a 3pt shot off their already existing footwork, while Simmons' whole view of the game shows not only no vision for himself in how to shoot in the course of the offense but a fear in taking the shot mentally when players leave him by 5-7 feet. Having him in a Rockets jersey makes no sense to me as his greatest strength (playmaking) wouldn't even be utilized by Harden, and minimized by both he and Russ' lack of shooting.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ben Simmons vs. Draymond Green is ridiculous comparison especially if you believe Green is the better player.

Simmons in just 3 seasons is very close to a triple double machine and 1st or 2nd best player on his team. Green will NEVER be that.

Simmons is literally a 6'10 Russell Westbrook but with elite defensive ability.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are ****ed until Ferntits sells the team. It doesn't really matter what happens with Harden now. I'm grateful I got to watch him through the peak. We really were a hamstring away.

HP3 likes this.