1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screaming A Smith: 76ers should make a trade for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. macan

macan Member

Hot takes is back

Max Kellerman: I would not trade Ben Simmons for Harden

s3ts, JuNx, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I too would not trade Harden for Simmons.

Simmons is so overrated in that people think he's a future MVP talent. Often injured. Can't shoot, doesn't want to shoot...

How do you build a team around him? He's a younger Westbrook with better defense, taller obviously, but unlike Russ I don't think he even has that drive to improve and is content with his game as it is right now.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden and Simmons would be nasty.

Think of Ben Simmons as being able to do everything that Clint Capela and Russ Westbrook could do, combined.

Plus Ben is an elite defender.

Put Ben Simmons on current Rockets roster in place of Russ and Rockets would have won it all.

Harden
    EGo
    RoCo
    PJ
    Ben

MDA would have been in ecstasy coaching Harden-Ben PnR, think 2018 type dominance.

s3ts, MGC, bj3175 and 4 others like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I would try to make a trade for James Harden is I were Daryl Morey as well.

The problem is that James Harden is just about all that Tilman has going for his dumpster fire organization and he will likely refuse to deal Harden.

I have to admit that it would be fitting if Harden demanded a trade to Philadelphia in the next 30 days.

I always want the Rockets to win, but seeing Harden and Morey win would be very satisfying as well..... because they both deserve it.

BigMaloe, vlaurelio, Deuce and 23 others like this.
  5. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

We had Morey under contract and lost him for nothing. Tilman the stable genius got burned!

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Harden for Simmons and Embiid.

Possum and charlieaustin like this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You guys knew this was coming. Now Morey isn't a Rocket he is held in such high regard. Excuse my while I puuuuuke!!

#7 Ramo$e, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  8. macan

macan Member

i wouldn't be mad if Harden demands to be traded.
    he gave his all when he was with the Rockets. I just want him to get a ring before his retirement.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

not watching this fckery, but yeah, of course the Sixers should

Why wouldn’t they? Harden is Morey’s wet dream, and a duo of Harden and Embiid, or Harden, Simmons, and shooters would easily contend for a finals appearance

10. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

If somehow we can get harden for Beal and embiid I’d do it

Westbrook
    Beal
    Covington
    Tucker
    Embiid

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Time to move on from Tucker.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can we trade Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman
    for Ren and Stimpy?
    @Os Trigonum

charlieaustin, giddyup, King1 and 7 others like this.
  13. rockets13champs

Top 5 nba players never get traded they always leave in free agency. But never traded. If u do trade for them they are worth ALOT. Not a Ben Simmons and some picks.

Also harden has always been an alpha dog like Kobe, Bron, Jordan. He may not be as good as them. But his alpha dog is up there with them. I feel like where ever he goes he wants to be the man. He doesn’t wanna be 2nd to LeBron, 2nd to Embiid or co-best player. He wants to run a team on his own. I feel like he might be a rocket for life and I will always love that.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Care to explain how that would be even remotely possible?

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Harden for both of them is still a downgrade. They're also both on really large contracts, so it's not like they're some under valued talent.

Embid has had health issues; Simmons missed this year's playoff. If anything, Harden at his age has been more durable.

Stephen A Smith is a Knicks fan, but he's also from Philly, so he would like Harden on his squad. Bad move for HOU.

RustyHarden, saleem and D-rock like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kawhi was traded to Toronto

oh and a top 5 player for years by many accounts from media to fans, AD was traded to LA

#16 YOLO, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    D-rock and Nook like this.
  17. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Why would Tilman trade Harden back to Daryl? You really think that egomaniac would do that -- even if the deal was good?

RustyHarden, ClutchFam and D-rock like this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wouldn’t be mad at all if Harden asked to be dealt to Phili. He’s been very loyal to Houston and Morey and has carried them since he’s been here. He doesn’t deserve to have to put up with Tillman. He deserves to have an owner who will spend to win. I love the Rockets but that’s not going to happen under Tillman. I want to see JH get a ring before he retires.

Nook and YOLO like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well Because harden wants or is going to leave anyway. You mistake tilman for someone who does the conventional things in basketball or anything that makes sense

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’d only do it if they Take Westbrook too. Ben Simmon a boat load of first round picks and swaps. And Tobias

Harden Westbrook Gordon for Simmons Shake Milton Richardson 5 years straight of first picks/swap