1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Bye Week

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Saw an article out of Philly that the Eagles are wanting LB help and may consider Cunningham.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

My thing is if they start trading away players signaling the end of the season; what does that say to the veterans that remain? If I'm JJ and you trade Zach and Will but not me; i'm pissed. Deshaun might mess around and fake an injury. Tunsil might leak a weed smoking video just to get suspended.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Getting us out of contract would be huge

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

DJ Reader was the reason why our ILBs always looked good.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Zachs tackle form has degraded seriously. Maybe the increased number of weak arm tackle attempts is due to no resistance at the first level, but individually Cunningham has regressed in speed and technique.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

That’s pretty much the risk anyway. These guys know the season is already lost, they know that the coaches are all lame ducks, we should be moving most of the veterans out. There is very little incentive to keep them. Unfortunately we don’t have a real GM. It’s an amazingly perfect **** storm of ****!

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Do you ever think about shutting down Watson this year? Imagine that colossal sht sandwich if he gets hurt in a meaningless season. I know I went cold and pale when I saw him reaching for his knee in the last game.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If basing it on post-season chances, the season is absolutely over.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If vets start being moved, then yes you absolutely shut him down. Personally I would do it regardless. Nothing left to play for this season.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm not ready to give up on him. He has been a very solid player for us every year until this one. I don't think it's the "I got paid time to chill" vibe either. It's the coaching.

Merciless? Sure, he looks done.

red5rocket likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

I keep hearing this, and there is certainly some truth to that, but GTFO of here if you actually believe it's 100% that. The world, and football, is not that black and white.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty sure Dak Prescott was leading the league in passing yards before he went down. Didn't make the Cowboys any less bad.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Okay. Pull up some film of last year. Look at how free the LBs were and then rewind and see what DJ Reader was doing up front. Now you can look at tape of this year and watch those same LBs getting blocked at the 2nd level because the replacement(s) just arent very good and get blocked by one defender every single snap. Teams are killing us with inside runs.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

For this season?

So, new rules states the 4 division champs and 3 best W-L records after that, make it.

Current division champs + next 3 best W-L:
    - PIT (6-0)
    - KC (5-1)
    - TEN (5-1)
    - BUFF (5-2)

- BAL (5-1)
    - CLE (5-2)
    - IND (4-2)

Indy is already 3 games ahead of us. We have yet to play our 2 games against them. We still have to play the Titans one more time later this season.

I'm just not seeing an outcome where the 1-6 Texans make it into the playoffs, even in that 7th seed.

17. STR8Thugg

Zach Cunningham wasn't pulling this tackle while standing up bullshit last year or any years before that. Maybe occasionally but not every damn play.

I stand by it not being 100% on DJ Reader leaving.

18. STR8Thugg

I suppose it's technically possible, but this team has shown no signs of running off 9 games in a row like the 2018 team, and like most long winning streaks, even that one took some incredible luck.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Even if we did go undefeated from now until the end of the season, that puts us at 10-6. And then we also have to depend on IND and TEN faltering. Aaaand we need other teams to completely bottom out.

Agreed with you - I just don't see it.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Texans have an easy schedule ahead of them. And they get to play Cleveland and Indy (2x). There is a reasonable path where the Texans finish 9-7; if they are buyers and not sellers. Every game would pretty much be a must-win. A few pieces there and they can finish ahead of Cleveland and Indy.

Jags - should be a win
    Browns - definitely a winnable game
    Patriots - they're talking about tanking themselves and they don't really have a QB right now
    Lions - Are they really more talented than the Texans? I don't think so
    Colts - an absolute must-win
    Bears - Nick Foles?
    Colts - an absolute must-win
    Bengals - should be a win for Houston
    Titans - they played them to overtime on the road, won't be a total shock they beat them at home. Plus they might be resting their guys

8-8 or 9-7 is definitely attainable

cc: @gucci888