1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen Silas is a terrible hire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 28, 2020.

?

Do you like the hire of Stephen Silas?

1. Yes

167 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. ball king23

ball king23 Member

its time for a change was needed she is right look at what was happening we gave up clint did not get a 1st round pick we gave up more than we got and we lost a guy who was second best on the bench in house and look we did give small ball a try it did not work time to try something new nothing wrong with a little change just like the nfl everything is adapting and changing look at LA Philly Miami Denver they changed there way of coaching and system it was time is all

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just remember this, If AshleyEm thinks it’s a terrible hire, we are probably doing something right.

I’m all of a sudden excited.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

assistant coach for 20 years and the opening post says "That record tells me he is not ready yet."

do you have to wait 100 years ?

D-rock likes this.
  4. raining threes

I dont know much about him but his dad was a key component for the Celtics 70's championship teams and he learned under Carlisle. So he's had good mentors and if the hirings of McMillan/Hornacek are true then he's well connected around the league and the AC's have been upgraded. I will withold judgement but I like his first hires.

D-rock likes this.
  5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You forget he was once a assistant coach with Golden State and help coach their back court. Give him a change can’t be no worst then what we had. The last coach was so pig headed would never make any adjustments.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. onreego

onreego Member

Hopefully this take is as bad as the rant about letting Ty Lawson run the offense instead of Harden.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Dont forget their fans. They legit have PPD, worst in all professional sports.

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Hire is fine. Problem is Westbrook has been and still is overrated. I love his passion and effort but this is a make or miss league and Westbrook just misses too often. I would trade him and IF Harden sulks I'd rebuild entirely. I seriously doubt this team can win with this duo. Only way would be 2 elite shooters to spread the floor. Covington is a good player but not an elite shooter. Gordon is too streaky. They need a better shooter bad.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Your man? Tilman is trash.

D-rock likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m optimistic

D-rock likes this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That Golden State team with Monta Ellis was bad.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

silas is a terrible hire if he is paid over 1.5 million. we need tillmen to save as much money as possible.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Silas is at least better than Lucas. And I like JVG but not as a head coach. Maybe as an assistant but he would play Harden 40+ minutes or more minutes than MDA. We saw how he over played Yao.
    The Mavs ran a decent offensive scheme and we can hire a defensive coach like we have done in the past. Like when CP3 and MDA were here.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

So you are resting all the responsibility on him as the assistant coach for all those mediocre teams records? And do you think players/personnel had anything to do with those teams? Also he was the offense coach for the Mavs not defensive coach. You do know he is well known in the community by players and coaches right? I don’t believe you know enough about him to make an assessment based on your incorrect information and judgements.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  15. gogispade

gogispade Member

in a way, I agree with OP. I doubt he will be able to manage JH & Russ, they simply wont listen him. Hello another season of nonostop iso ball.

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

was westbrook the reason for OKC’s finals losses or west finals loss against warriors? Surely one player isn’t the reason.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Terrible poster.

You're not gonna get Brad Stevens, Nick Nurse, Eric Spoelstra or Frank Vogel.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

ah oh ashleyem reeko gonna come in here in spew... Like that fool knows it all.

Btw it is a terrible hire, but its part of the tank job after giving Harden his one more Season to get a Trophy lol. Soon Rockets fans are gonna fell the pain of Tilman lower tax cuts. Can Rudy Gay start in the future ??

19. amaru

amaru Member

This is a rebuilding team. Harden will be gone next year

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Harden wants one more year to choke. Just blow it up. stupid as **** to wait again.

daywalker02 likes this.