1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Silas next Rockets head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Oct 28, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He thinks it's 2014 and Kenneth Faried is still a high upside player in a league that isn't obsessed with spacing. Wood is so good and anyone who doesn't know that isn't paying attention.

harold bingo and Reeko like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Come on man. We need 1 and that one is Christian Wood. Quit overthinking it.

Rudyc281 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Challenging players is not his style, he actually makes them trust him and creates loyalty via positive stimulus.

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Bill O Brien for GM? Trading picks for top talent is way more over in the NBA

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree with the essence of what you are saying , i think .

My main analogy in all of this is that last year we only had a fastball ( our small ball lineups ) we didnt have any change of pace units or guys that ran a different style .

My contention is that we need to develop a change-up. My vote would be for a bigger lineup . It might not be maximizing either russ or james statistically , but if we can control the game and play with force aka impose our style of play .. then like you said " harden is capable of weaponizing most any 5" !

We both remember that he made Terrence jones , joey dorsey , tarick black .. servicable. We won games with those guys and harden because he is such a maestro at creating opportunities for others.

I belive russ is getting underrated as a passer at this point too . Sure the usage rate and reckless russ are well known possibilities at this point , but he's no spring chicken at this point . He's accumulated plenty of smarts , if we can put structure around him .. he can definitely be a plus ball handler and passer in a system.

If harden is a 98 in modern space and pace offense , he is at least a 89-90 in old-school style ball. We can win with that , just need a good enough defense.

We've got to land a 6'9"+ guy that can guard large forwards and centers. I think people are dreaming with christian wood unfortunately.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm saying 2.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

nah that's too much.

It's not needed PJ, RoCo and Bruno will cover it.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

O'Brien specializes in trading picks for poor talent

harold bingo likes this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Bruno??? Lmaooo stop it

Richie_Rich, AXG, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's coming.

He's going to get his shot.

He is working with Harden's trainer. He's going to break out. Laugh now.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe Silas can bring Bruno and/or a guy like Jonah Bolden up to speed so only 1 elite guy needed.

HP3, Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Have the same complexion as Steve Kerr I guess lol

JayGoogle, Reeko and harold bingo like this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Silas has paid his dues and earned this shot. We're starting over with Raf Stone and Silas--a NEW ERA for the Rockets leadership. The players are the same, so we'll have to see what happens there. Good luck Stone-Silas I hope you bring us the championship we crave.

csc177, D-rock, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  14. Sanity2disChaos

couldnt have said it better. I think Tilly actually considered us fans for once!!

Him wanting Lucas wasn’t going to be good for most.

bmelo likes this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I'm more happy Morey got a new job with the Sixers lol

16. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

John Lucas be like...eff you clutchfans, LOL

bmelo likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I didn't say it *was* Nates system. Heck, I didn't even say "Peel Switching" is a system, anymore than running ICE is. It can be just an option much like ICE, but you merely peel away to another man rather than chasing to recover.

keep in mind, Voigt's system is really a standard man-rotation defense. It's main difference is the primary defender rotates first. That said, I'm not really sure what he does against PnR, though, because if you plan to Peel off all drives, you better not switch that big in PnR. Nor do I know what Voigt or Nate do vs motion. (Rockets switch anything coming to the ball, but don't switch flair action. imso, that's best defense vs Warriors. Switching off-ball action gums up the works. I hope Nate has learned that.)

Nate vs PnR definitely likes ICE and hedging (no switch) to keep Turner in the action. It's the ICE version where we can see a peel.

Versus man situations, he adapted his help defense to fit bad defenders like Lamb and Warner. They can steer and peel (which is ICE for iso). But his good perimeter defenders, he doesn't want that ... stay with your man...like Nate of old.

Nate likes tag rotation on weakside, and will do X switching the corners.

D-rock and quaczar like this.
  18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Harden disagrees.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Because we had already an extremely intelligent, respected, and aggressive GM already in place. I don't know exactly what we have now in Stone, that worries me.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden isnt that good of a mid range shooter, dont expect him to change. He already had free reign to take whatever shots he wanted to. He just has smart shot selection and btw the rest of the league has followed suit. Mid range is dead for most.