1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey becomes Sixer's New President!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Oct 28, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And a legit poor owner who chased his whole management team and coaching staff out the door in favor of.. his son.

Oh no wait that's us, and the sixers have Morey.

Who would you rather be?

Lol. Exactly.

split41, CHI, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

So the whole stepping down to be with family and such was a lie to cover for a bad split like we thought right?

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  3. Chamillionaire

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he's going to do with this roster.

csnerd84 and D-rock like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You won't be as excited after we send them Covington and a first round pick for expiring contracts

BMoney, HP3, FranchiseBlade and 2 others like this.
  5. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

My speculation is that Daryl was unhappy likely due to lack of autonomy and trust from ownership. Sixers got their guy after covetting him for few years. Daryl got probably more money from sixers. Tillman probably got a deal from China to renew relationship and committment from Daryl that he would go east.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Tilman doing for the Rockets what his buddy Trump has done for America. If it ain't broke, break it.

So much winning.

rockbox, D-rock, hakeem94 and 17 others like this.
  7. Chamillionaire

No, I wouldn't. TF can't be that stupid... right?

D-rock likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

All part of Tilman's plan to rebrand Joe's Crab Shack along the east coast with Morey at the helm.

D-rock likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey will trade Embiid for some midgets players at first.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman is MRGA

Make Rockets Great Again. Now that he's screwed up a 65 win team, he can do that.

D-rock, split41 and HP3 like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

still the Rockets.

I’m as pessimistic on the Rockets as most here. I was telling this board 4 years ago that Harden was unlikely to ever win a ring here as the number one guy... I was deep in argument with someone 4 years ago about how I’d rather have Giannis, etc.

I don’t like Fertitty and never did even before he bought the team.

but I’m not sold in any way with what’s going on in Philadelphia... don’t like a Doc, I hate Simmons/Embiid together, I like Horford a lot... for what he is not for the gazillion he’s getting paid and the role that was expected of him... and the insane lack of shooting on that team is ridiculous.

if I had to guess... Doc might try and turn them into a defensive minded team that grinds out wins.

unless DM can make some changes. Now... no one would be shocked if that team sees decent personnel change this offseason. But I also don’t think DM is a magician. In many ways the league has caught up to him, both in style of play and GM’ing... but in a way surpassing him. In that the rest of the league has adopted “small ball” except doing it with big(ger) players. And in that you don’t really see any innovative GM’ing out of him anymore.

but I’d love to see him go completely wild and trade 3/4 of those main guys and really shake things up. It’s be fun to watch from afar. The alternative is try to find shooting I guess... but then DM barely did that in the Rockets squad.... I am a Sixers fan as well having lived in Philly during the AI early/finals years so hope they figure something out.

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

All that talk about him taking a year off, the true reasons are clearly present now. Doesn't look like Morey favored his position here anymore.

Being forced to trade for a player in Westbrook was a terrible fit that was only compounded when Morey had to trade Clint to go all in for small ball ( which clearly only works if you have two complimentary scoring positional players that BOTH play off each other).

HP3 likes this.
  13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

What a week. My aunt dies from COVID and now this ****.

D-rock likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats straight up non sense. Absolutely complete nonsense. Sixers are in way better sitaution with way more flexibility and way more assets. We are with a trash organization with an ownership that brained us, cmon dude.

Harden not being able to win a ring is not because of him being to be the number one guy.

Agreed

Doc with great assistants is way better than the coaching staff we have now(even though Im excited for Silias). They arent that bad together. Simmons and Embid are young and can still make it work and even then they are both really good trade assets. Horford is a contract Morey can get out of.

Well see

That's exactly what he can do. He is deal maker. And an amazing one at that. Lol surpassing him? Are team has never been allowed to go into the luxury tax and never been allowed to tank. He's been handicapped this whole time and has still been up there with the best of the best in tems of GMs. https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...of-trades-how-much-did-they-help-the-rockets/ We never even intended to go full small ball anyways. And the main reason we were without a center was because we traded for Westbrook, a trade Daryl was not in favor of.

Defense is more important than having great shooters with the guys that weve had because we had James Harden leading our offense. We didnt NEED amazing shooters, we needed decent ones that were great at defense.

Sixers will be successful, you have consistently underrated Morey dude. Morey in a higher position with more money, assets and control is huge blue print for successful.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Never in my life as a Rocket fan did I think I'd be happier about the Sixers hiring a new president of operations than a newly hired Rocket coach.

Congrats Daryl and warmly welcome Stephen.

BMoney, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  17. heypartner

no, it was negotiation tactic to sucker Tilman into not trying to trade him for a FRP... a pick that Morey the GM of the Sixers would want to keep.

Morey just schooled Tilman at his own game.

BMoney, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, that doesnt exclude Morey hating working for Tillman and wanting to get away from him, no?

D-rock likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically

Rocket River

20. heypartner

no. just means Tilman went soft and for reconciliation and no-hard-feelings, while Morey pivoted to The Art of the Deal.

D-rock and HP3 like this.