1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not saying it will happen or that it is even likely to happen. But it can happen. They would have to show tremendous resolve to win a bunch of games in a row but it is doable. The Patriots QB just said he might get benched. If they beat Jax, Cincinnati, Detroit and Colts (x). They would need to win 3 out of Cleveland, NE, Detroit, and Chicago to finish 9-7. It's doable.

TWS1986 and Nook like this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Cap space will also be important, but we have to recoup some draft capital and draft well to kick in this rebuild.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree. This bye week is great time to extract value. Hire Morey as an advisor to help negotiate any trade and Eggebert can rubber stamp it.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

You want to make Watt happy, trade a 7th rounder for Carlos Dunlap.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a little late. Seahawks beat them to it...well, a 7th and a backup lineman

#45 DonkeyMagic, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Prediction: Jack Easterby is about to get fleeced on multiple deadline deals. It’s a shitty situation because we need to recoup some draft capital and clear up some cap space for the next GM to work with.... but with Easterby in charge I have a bad feeling about the return we’re going to get on the guys we’ve made available

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Draft Capital after the 4th round is really a crap shoot. Most teams are offering lower than 4th round pick for all the Texans players. You don't JJ for less than a 2nd, same for Fuller. Otherwise, you might as well wait til the offseason. People are will to give up more before the Draft.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No one is giving up anything to the Texans. That's why you wait til the offseason.

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Fully expect this too. But, we should be used to that by now, it's nothing new!

10. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

With Dunlap getting a 7th and griffen getting a 6th does anyone think giving up watt is worth it? I know he’s better but is it worth it?

If he asks to leave then I say we grant it to him, though

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This guys bio shows him to be plugged in, but who knows.

12. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

ill take 1 1st and 1 2nd for both.. Fuller is leaving us next year.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think you all are underestimating how much a rebuild sucks in the NFL. It takes a lot of luck. Especially with the 1st year having no high picks to start with. Even worse with the QBs contract. By the time the team is ready, Deshaun's contract is up. See Jags, Jets, Bengals, Browns, Lions, Broncos, etc.

Pringles and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Pringles

Pringles Member

I think people are realizing. There's literally no excitement for this team currently. We don't have the drafts to look forward to. All the excitement we'd would have had gone to the Dolphins. This might be worse than the shape of the Nets that Billy King left before his departure.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Getting rid of the players that might generate excitement doesn't help generate excitement. That's doing the opposite. I don't think an extra 3rd or 4th round pick generates any interest for fans. If we are doing extremes, I would rather just squash next year's draft and retool for this year. Go after Gilmore, Zach Ertz, Adrian Amos, Burkhead, etc. Give Clay, Wake, Suggs a call, get serious about either Earl Thomas or Eric Reid, get serious about giving other RBs another look. Pretty much all the things they should have done in the past offseason.

16. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Why generate excitement for this year? Playoffs are out of the question. Retool for the future and try and get picks

17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but in this season there is still "hope" for some teams. If they add 1-2 key pieces maybe that can make a difference in getting to the finals. With COVID this season is even more of a crap shoot. Adding a talent like Fuller or Watt could put you over the top in the second half of the season and with few fans in the stands for regular season (less revenue), winning the chip is even more important this year than before.

If we're shrewd we could find a team that believes one of our difference makers can push them over the top and for that, I'd sacrifice a late 1st or 2nd if I'm a GM, because a chip changes everything for the franchise and for the leaders of that franchise.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

I agree with you 100%.

We are just going to get fleeced by other teams right now cause of the poor foresight by Cal McNair. Let's "try" to win as many games and just move on from this.

Nimo likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

A championship is out of the question but the playoffs is not. The AFC looks weak outside of the division leaders and the Ravens. Add that to the fact that there are 3 wild card teams per conference this year.

A year with no picks is just not a good year for a rebuild anyway. They will just be helping the Dolphins. Go all out this year, and if a rebuild is still needed, do it next year with the new coach/GM.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are not a GM. People are looking for bargains because the Texans don’t have a GM.
    That’s nice and all, but teams are not offering anything close to that.