1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why do conservatives hate private companies so much?

You are free to go circle jerk on Parlor.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's embarrassing, Trump does know how to turn the knife.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

At least you dont deny their complicity. Similar to how biden wont deny the emails are illegitimate. Go ahead and elect that clown.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

After voting for trump in 2016 and supporting him again in 2020 after all we now know about trump, do you really think you should be questioning anyone else's candidate?

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

The clown is already in office.

Nook, AleksandarN, RayRay10 and 6 others like this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Trump narrowing the gap in AZ/NV. Trump needs FL/AZ/NV/IA/PA.

NC looks like a goner for him but Dems need to hold AZ by all means. Makes sense why Harris has been campaigning so hard there this past week.

If trump takes AZ/NV then its a new game.

FranchiseBlade and Astrodome like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do Dems need to hold AZ, it's always been a Red state.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Private company vs POTUS. You don’t get the difference? I won’t go into the merit of those cases but I don’t agree with your take.

Today, Trump said the anonymous author who revealed himself should be prosecuted. Do you get what this means?

Have you completely given up on a moral government or you are fine with an immoral one, where supreme leader can silence anyone he doesn’t like and prosecute them as well.

What if your children grew up to be liberal or conservative? Should the child be subjected to suppression of speech and prosecution by the government because a supreme leader doesn’t like them?

Sorry, but you are supporting not only an immoral person but one that turn the government into an immoral agency against freedom if he gets his way (and he has a good chance of doing that with a 2nd term).

#5829 Amiga, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is psychosis on a social scale that number in the tens of millions. I think you would have to go back to WWII and Hitler with his propaganda machine against the Jews. Hitler lied and his minions bought them to the point of dehuma
    Trump is not winning NV. Firewall is now at 47,000. Jon Ralston has 5 different scenarios by election day, assuming the current numbers and trends --- Trump loses in all of them.

Ralston is the guy to trust when in comes to polling and elections in Nevada.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Twitter is a platform not a publisher. There are guidelines. I dont think trump should silence anyone. I dont think anyone should be suppressed. I dont think our leader is nearly as bad as you guys think. Bobulinski has receipts and the media is still ignoring it. I understand why, but it is troubling nonetheless

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so we don't know exactly what position Bobulinkski had, if he was ever in a position to confirm anything, or how any of this has jack to do with the person running for office..

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I like how some of these morons are programmed to think everybody the left nominates is a clown or literally the worst candidate possible. That they are the opposite of normal.

I don't think most on the left would say that about any candidates from the right except for the dumb **** in chief.

RayRay10, vlaurelio, Amiga and 4 others like this.
  14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Twitter is an ad platform, they answer to advertisers

I really don't know why product boycotts are not used as a social tool more. Seems easy to organize. Who advertises on Tucker Carlson? 50% of the people stop buying their products

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ted Cruz

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Cruz is more of a hack or a b****. He’s a smart dude, unlike our president.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and R0ckets03 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We've been over this before.

Twitter is a publicly traded company who's sole mission is to maximize return on investment for shareholders. Nothing less and nothing more. Any decision Twitter makes as a company is based on that goal alone. So any decision such as what to censor and what to fact check is purely determine by market analysis of employees at Twitter that will science maximum return on investment.

This goes for Google, Amazon, Apple etc.

These companies don't have political biases. They have "maximizing profits" bias. Same with CNN and Fox News with their parents companies. Fox News is a special case because when it was privately owned, it had a agenda set by the owner (Murdoch). This created a target consumer base. Which means when it was sold to a publicly traded entity, it was in the publicly traded company's best interest to maintain the consevative bias to not lose its consumer base.

Dubious likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya Romeby was a rather dull boring candidate where if he was elected president, I wouldn't be concerned about the future of democracy. I would disagree with the country's direction in terms of Reaganomics but I wouldn't be concerned the country would be going down a right wing fascist rabbit hole.

Same with John McCain. Though Sarah Palin actually concerned me. That lady was to dumb to be a heartbeat away from the president. Donald Trump is even more insane than that clown.

#5839 fchowd0311, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Dubious, Hakeemtheking and R0ckets03 like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just can’t take him seriously...he’s like a weak little cartoon character to me

Idk how anyone could respect somebody that weak and pathetic

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.