1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 28, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

All of you who've been saying MDA with his his offense-heavy approach couldn't assemble a balanced team have now gotten your wish.

All of you who've been saying Morey with his stats-based approach didn't really understand how to put together a basketball team have now gotten your wish.

All of you who complained that Les Alexander was a cheap owner? Yep, you're now seeing how a TRULY cheap owner operates.

Last but not least, I have GREAT news for all of you who've been screaming loudly that James Harden will never bring a championship to Houston because he's just not a big-game player, he's too selfish, he sleeps on defense, etc. You'll only have to endure one last season of James Harden in a Rockets' uni. Maybe not even that much.

Hope all you guys are thrilled with your Houston Knicks.

s3ts, Tankeio, ClutchCity3 and 34 others like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeeuuhh booooii

[​IMG]

HP3, D-rock, clutchdabear and 4 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Finally we got to have 3 big men on the floor and take the most mid range shots in the league.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In all honesty it was time for a change...we came ol so close to being world champs but unfortunate events happened.

Morey - 13 years Tried to move heaven and earth to win a ring and came very close.
    MDA - 4 years took this team to new highs just couldn’t get over the hump.
    James Harden - 8 years 2nd best rocket in franchise history in my opinion. Just can’t seem to translate his game to the playoffs when teams are able to game plan against him. Always challenged one of the greatest teams in NBA history but couldn’t get past them...and sometimes not to his ownfault looking at you cp3.

Point being sometimes change is hard and uncomfortable but it is necessary.

And I do wish harden and morey win at least one championship and I hope it’s in Houston for Harden because he is a Houston Rockets legend. But if not I will still be very happy for James. For if he does win every doubter and hater of James will be proved wrong once and for all.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’d take MDmA without Morey ftw! That 3 and layup philosophy is broken and that wasn’t D’Antoni’s philosophy before Houston. Morey should’ve opened up the floor a long time ago. Two areas on the court to choose from becomes a thing that’s too easy to guard come playoff series basketball time.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody has hired DAntoni

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Change is one thing, but so far Fertitta has made a series of incompetent moves, from the Westbrook trade to his shameful treatment of a veteran NBA coach who led your team to some of their best years in decades.

Basically, I don't see the new owner as capable of making changes that will ever get us close to a title.

Scarface, YOLO, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Tilly could entice MDA back I would be flabbergasted.

MDA seems to dislike Tilly almost as much as Morey did.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not yet.

topfive and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, Im sorry but you have been making out of pocket posts for weeks now and this is one of them. This is not how you evaluate performance. Stop with this "cant get over the hump" mentality. ITS STUPID

You dont lose one of the best GMs in the league "Because it was time for a change." Jeez man. All this is nonsense. Losing Harden,MDA and Morey and being left with Fertitta to lead the rebuild is objectively bad for this franchise, why cape for Tillman.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Indiana and Philly did not hire D’Antoni

they saw what happened

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Don’t mean to come across like that or anything. It’s just that when you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result is insanity.

Why stay with the status quo? Loyalty? Friendship?

It’s the same thing we get on the McNairs for...so how can we get on them for being one way and not the rockets?

Let’s shake it up because obviously whatever we’ve been doing hasn’t been working. And please don’t bring up anything other then a championship because I’m not the one for participation trophies.

PDJACK7, Highlyrated and HP3 like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea, you know I was dating a billionaire super model, but you know, she couldn't cook, it was time for a change.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Can’t wait to see these same people b****ing and crying

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Situations have never been the same from year to year? Do you see how much roster change we had. Do you see how situations are constantly changing? When you are constantly winning in said situations, you dont break that apart. Its not a smart way to evaluate things. Morey has been doing amazing work with what limiatations he's had. He's obectively been one fo the

NO, NO NO NO NO, you dont "shake things up" because it hasnt been working. You dont evaluate success(espeically not in sports) with a RINGZ argument. It isnt smart, its not logical. When you have a great GM you keep them. When you have a smart flexible coach, you keep them(at least imo). When you have Cp3 you spend and compete with him, you dont trade him for a worse player.

Its so ridiculous to me when someone says "Im about rings, not participations trophies" its such surface level analysis with little depth to it. Not saying anything about you, its just a silly argument a lot of sports fans make.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can agree with those who think it was time to change/shake things up, the (big) problem here, is that someone has to handle the change, and in our situation that one should've been Morey, instead it'll be Tilman (and son/s) so, good luck with that since (even for someone like me who thinks the CP3 trade was primarly on Harden) from the moment Tilman owned the franchise it all went indisputably downhill.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Tilman freefall amusement park ride is now open for business. Climb aboard!

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sorry @The Cat this just sounds so insane.

No one in their right mind would want Lucas over MDA, even the MDA haters. Certainly not the Rockets players who all adored D'Antoni and were never shy to say otherwise.

It just sounds like Trumpian propaganda to divert the negative attention away from Tilman's mismanagement of the highest incompetence.

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

You crying over dumbtoni and dumer morey,u fool.