1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Biden Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 14, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

lol. No. Hopefully the Post will. Maybe Rudy will produce some hard drives.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The story hasn't gained traction because it's not credible.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

But what if you really want it to be?

Dubious, mdrowe00 and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The 90000 lb gorilla in 2020 is COVID. Most people do not have the interest in gossip and intrigue (e.g. this story and everything else the Trump leaning PACs have tried to push over the last 8 months) when they have no life vest (second COVID relief bill is dead for 2020) and they are facing a tidal wave of COVID spread when they have otherwise been insulated from the pandemic.

Dubious, mtbrays and R0ckets03 like this.
  5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where do we know this from? the FBI has not commented.

6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Bingo, it's not credible at all.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's been posted here. It was from a statement by the investigator.

8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Most rational people who have actually looked at the evidence being presented would have a different opinion. Of course you'd have to actually watch the interview, see the emails that are being presented to support it and be rational.

I don't expect you to find the story credible. You still think the rioters and looters were peaceful protesters and that Donald Trump is a Russian agent. If Mother Jones TELLS you it's credible, then you might believe it.

basso likes this.
  9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Like which part? Specifically or just the whole thing? And it's not credible because why?

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your undergarments are showing O's.

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

What did you do to O's to make him quit?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You didn't quit.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

link? what investigator?

14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The FBI doesn't comment on investigations. They do leak when it's convenient for their political purposes.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Most rational people, including hundreds of intelligence experts (many of them conservatives) as well as outlets such as the WSJ, FOX, and even the NY Post News staff do not see this as credible. When you can't even win over the middle right to this being credible, I don't think you can make the claim you are making with a straight face

Also I never said the rioters and looters were peaceful protesters - this is an example of a strawman - making up something I said and then arguing against it. It's very intellectually dishonest of you.

Thirdly, I don't read mother jones. I do read NPR, the Economist, Politico, The Hill, The National Review, the Atlantic, and the New Yorker which are all fact-based reporting. I occasionally look at the weekly standard. For more basic stuff, I do read CNN, FoxNews, and other news outlets. I don't read the WSJ much anymore because my subscription lapsed and I didn't renew. In my field, it's important to get different perspectives on all sorts of subject matters (not just politics).

But I will never hold the junk that comes out of Breitbart, Prager University, and the NY Post as reliable. Also, I NEVER read opinion pieces from other sides unless it's an author I respect.

#1555 Sweet Lou 4 2, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Dubious likes this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I take it you watched the whole Tucker Carlson interview? Otherwise you're just talking out of your a$$. I mean, certainly you've made your own decision after you've watched the interview and you have reason to doubt that the guy wasn't telling the truth. Please tell me you have something other than a gut feeling. Because I KNOW you watched it, right?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Tucker Carlson is not a news show - it is a news entertainment show. Nothing on there can be considered credible - you do realize that?

R0ckets03 likes this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Tucker Carlson is an entertainment show, not to be held as factual. They pleaded that in court so that they could say anything to the rubes to keep their eyeballs around to sell soap.

Did you forget?

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers
    September 29, 20204:34 PM ET
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/9177...-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawyer

U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Except they don't. Basically there is Bobulinski and some vague texts/emails about a deal that never even actually happened.

We've learned a lot about Hunter Biden though, so when he runs for office, we can be prepared.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Holy God, someone is spewing righteous indignation over a Tucker Carlson interview? Tucker Carlson makes David Peck look like Edward R Murrow.

There was a former ND Senator, Democrat, believe it or not, on Bill Maher, they were talking conspiracy theory crap and the people who believe it. She said how people just don't have the capacity for critical thinking (probably not something she would have said if still in office).

ND electing a Democrat. Guess it was short-lived.

London'sBurning likes this.