1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Philly in advanced talks to hire Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 28, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I bet anything once Hardens contract is up Morey recruits him

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

Morey has rockets fans spoiled. I think some think its easy to make good value trades because Morey made it so common.

We never really thought Morey could get bamboozled into a bad trade. Now with Morey gone, maybe some will see just how good we had it with Morey working the phones. Fact is, we don't know how good or bad this new gm will be. We knew what we were getting with Morey

joshuaao, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Aware

Aware Member

lmao he really didnt want to be here anymore

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Look Patrick, we understand that Morey was not perfect, however, we had a damn good run with him as GM. Yeah, some mistakes were made as you've pointed out a few, but ultimately, this team advanced in the playoffs several times and were actual championship contenders a few of those years.

Tilman being a shitty owner is not going to be wiped from my head until I actually see him spend money like he has claimed for the last few years. Rockets fans are not stupid and we don't buy the BS Tilman puts out there.

5. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Damn, this sucks. As a clippers fan i recognize this taste. It's the taste of irrelevancy. **** tillman fertitta

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

what exactly does a president of operations do?

7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This is painful.

I think that it had to do with China. As GM, Morey is always in the media. He couldn’t hide in basketball operations in Houston bc that is a demotion. In Philly he can hide behind the scenes and let Brand be the face of the front office.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What trades have we made that were even relevant? I think we won the CP3 trade. Bummer he hurt his hammy.
    Good with Lou Will trade. We won the ariza trade. Plenty of others.

I don’t count anything that was done in the Tillman ERA.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

He makes Elton Brand's life a breeze

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Great choice, there's already people he's worked with there, it was the vision of his protege that started this trust the process stuff so it's only fitting Morey will now bring in the players to finish it off.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's unsurprising. We knew a team would open their wallet and snap him up. The only "surprise," and certainly not a big one, is that he's going to Philadelphia. They likely can't believe their luck. Fertitta is such an idiot, a complete chump who ran off one of the most respected and successful, considering how he was forced to operate, GM's in the league. At least Morey is moving to the East. There is that.

So much for Ferntits having Daryl as a "consultant," which always sounded like a fantasy to me. I won't be shocked if there is a title in Morey's future with the Sixers. Certainly Finals appearances. He'll get the support there he couldn't get here. Morey went from being required to avoid a full rebuild and staying under the luxury tax with Les Alexander, to sheer lunacy with the obsessive interference of Fertitta, who apparently sees the Rockets, our team, as a toy to play with not only for him, but also for his kids.

Maybe he'll hire a good coach and Stone will turn out to be OK. Of course, even if Stone's a smart guy, and @BimaThug views him that way (very encouraging, considering the source), he has to deal with Tilman Fertitta. We are so screwed. While I'm not religious, we should be praying for some miracles. Notice that's a plural. It'll take more than one to crawl out of the mess Tilman has created.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We're gonna be the ****ing Bobcats.

13. a time to chill

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I hate to see Morey go, but I was also getting tired of the Rockets getting beat in the playoffs.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

pretty soon you won't have to worry about that whatsoever. Season is about to be over in April from 2022-when the team sells.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's nice. they're on the verge of not even making the playoffs in the no so distant future. you can enjoy that then

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

And you blame Morey for not winning a championship? Do you also blame women for the fact that you're single?

17. a time to chill

That may be true, but I'll reserve my judgment until the head coach is announced and we see what happens with free agency.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....I remember when I used to see good news about the Rockets.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Youre gonna love not getting beat in the playoffs and then also not having draft picks!

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Have we lost @Carl Herrera

The last time Morey was asked if he is a member of Clutchfans...didnt he respond Carl Herrera?

Any @DaDakota postings?

Roll call please

BHannes2BHonest likes this.