1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I didn't say had ever been shot, I said were shot because the cop was racist. Try to follow along and not invent my positions for me when I've clearly stated them for myself. You should retract everything because you're light on facts and heavy on dumb rhetoric.

Bored.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

dude. You have provided zero facts. Stop being so damn arrogant and try to support your claims that cops are racist. Give me some numbers. Give me something other than your condescending bs.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No i already knew that you werent being factual. I already knew the stats didn’t support your narrative. Maybe you feel guilty about your white privilege that you enjoyed. I don’t know. I do know that you are full of venom towards other white people or maybe its only white conservatives. Thats actually pretty normal for young white libs. I dont know how old you are I just know you’re a white democrat. At any rate, stats don’t back your claims.

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

show me a stat that says an unarmed black guy has never been shot by a black or latino cop.

show me a stat that says an unarmed white guy has never been shot by a black or latino cop.

show me a stat that it happens more to black people. That more unarmed black men are shot than whites.

give me something to see your point. Give me something that supports your claims. I can admit if I have it all wrong.

just don’t tell me that its only racist when a white cop does it.

#224 Tomstro, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  5. CometsWin

I've provided several, here are a bunch more. Did you look up consent decree? I'm guessing not because you're one of those "common sense" guys who always gets things wrong because he doesn't engage in facts. I'm guessing no matter what I talk about you just move on to the next question like you already have.

Stats.

A Multi-Level Bayesian Analysis of Racial Bias in Police Shootings at the County-Level in the United States, 2011–2014

The results provide evidence of a significant bias in the killing of unarmed black Americans relative to unarmed white Americans, in that the probability of being {black, unarmed, and shot by police} is about 3.49 times the probability of being {white, unarmed, and shot by police} on average. Furthermore, the results of multi-level modeling show that there exists significant heterogeneity across counties in the extent of racial bias in police shootings, with some counties showing relative risk ratios of 20 to 1 or more.

Black drivers are 4.4 times more likely to be stopped by SFPD than white drivers, data shows

Black drivers are 4.4 times more likely to be stopped by SFPD than white drivers, data shows.

According to our analysis, disparities are deepening in both search and arrest rates. For example, from 2018 to 2020, Black men were 4.8 times more likely to be searched than white men. Furthermore, Black women were 3.7 times more likely to be searched than white women.

LAPD searches blacks and Latinos more. But they’re less likely to have contraband than whites

The Times analysis found that across the city, 24% of black drivers and passengers were searched, compared with 16% of Latinos and 5% of whites, during a recent 10-month period.

That means a black person in a vehicle was more than four times as likely to be searched by police as a white person, and a Latino was three times as likely.

Yet whites were found with drugs, weapons or other contraband in 20% of searches, compared with 17% for blacks and 16% for Latinos. The totals include both searches of the vehicles and pat-down searches of the occupants.

Police Accountability Task Force

Police Officers Shoot African-Americans At Alarming Rates: Of the 404 shootings between 2008-2015:12 • 74% or 299 African Americans were hit or killed by police officers, as compared with • 14% or 55 Hispanics; • 8% or 33 Whites; and • 0.25% Asians. For perspective, citywide, Chicago is almost evenly split by race among whites (31.7%), blacks (32.9%) and Hispanics (28.9%).

Police Officers Disproportionately Use Tasers Against African-Americans: Of the 1,886 taser discharges by CPD between 2012 and 2015, AfricanAmericans were the target of those discharges at a very high rate14: • 76% or 1,435 African-Americans were shot with tasers; • 13% or 254 Hispanics; • 8% or 144 Whites; and • 0.21% or 4 Asians.

Traffic Stops: In 2013, • 46% of 100,676 traffic stops involved African-Americans; • 22% involved Hispanics; • 27% involved Whites.

Moreover, black and Hispanic drivers were searched approximately four times as often as white drivers, yet CPD’s own data show that contraband was found on white drivers twice as often as black and Hispanic drivers.

Other Street Stops: In the summer of 2014, CPD stopped more than 250,000 people—93.6 for every 10,000 City residents—in encounters not leading to arrests.16 (This figure dwarfs the number of stops by New York City police, which from 2011-2014, stopped anywhere between 1.6 and 22.9 people per 10,000.) Of those 250,000 people stopped by CPD in the summer of 2014, • 72% were African American; • 17% were Hispanic; • 9% were White; and • 1% were Asian. A 2015 survey of 1,200 Chicago residents, ages 16 and older, also found significant racial disparities in the number of police-initiated stops and the perception of abusive police behavior.17 The survey found that almost 70% of young African-American males reported being stopped by police in the past 12 months, and 56% reported being stopped on foot.

The survey found that “[m]ost people stopped by Chicago police are not ticketed, arrested or taken to a police station.” 19 In addition, the survey established “large racial disparities in the use of force reported by respondents.”20 The survey revealed that “15% of Blacks and 17% of Hispanics reported being shoved or pushed around, in contrast to 6% of Whites. [Blacks] were twice as likely as whites to be threatened by a weapon. Compared to whites, all other groups were at least twice as likely to have been subjected to some form of force before being released.”21 Police Accountability Task Force | 11 The overuse of investigatory stops has left a lingering, negative perception of the police in communities of color, in part because for people of color, a significant number of those stops also involved actual or threatened physical abuse.

On the Stop-and-Frisk Decision: Floyd v. City of New York

Between January 2004 and June 2012, the city conducted 4.4 million stops. Eighty-eight percent of those stops resulted in no further action, and 83 percent of the stopped population were black or Hispanic, despite the fact that those minority groups, together, made up just over half of the city’s overall population.

Memoranda and orders filed by Judge Shira A. Scheindlin of Federal District Court in Manhattan, following a two-month nonjury trial over the New York Police Department’s stop-and-frisk tactics. The judge ruled that police officers have for years been systematically stopping innocent people in the street without any objective reason to suspect them of wrongdoing.

#225 CometsWin, Oct 27, 2020
    DVauthrin, Nolen, JayGoogle and 10 others like this.
  6. CometsWin

My "narrative"... "a few bad apples"... you hate Republicans... you hate white people... you... uh... duh...

JayGoogle and IBTL like this.
  7. CometsWin

Stats, stats, stats! They were very difficult to find, like if you spent more of the time searching for them that you spend lying about them not existing then we could have an actual informed conversation here.

https://www.chicagoreporter.com/police-misconduct-complaints-by-whites-more-likely-to-be-upheld/

The Chicago Police Department’s Internal Bureau of Investigation and the Independent Police Review Authority examined about 17,500 complaints of police misconduct between March 2011 and September 2015 in which the complainants were not anonymous. Of those, 61 percent were filed by African-Americans, 21 percent by whites and 12 percent by Hispanics, according to an analysis by The Chicago Reporter and City Bureau, a Chicago-based newsroom and journalism training lab.

But of the complaints sustained, only 25 percent were filed by African-Americans, compared to 58 percent by whites and 15 percent by Hispanics. Each group represents about a third of the city’s population.

“Race matters,” said Craig Futterman, law professor and director of the University of Chicago’s Civil Rights and Police Accountability Project. “It matters in terms of who is most likely to be victimized by police abuse, it matters in terms of who is most likely to be believed when there is a complaint, and it matters within the Police Department in terms of racial bias.”

A black person’s chances of having a complaint upheld increased when the accusations were made against a black officer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01846-z

#227 CometsWin, Oct 27, 2020
    joshuaao, jiggyfly, Nolen and 6 others like this.
  8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

OS is gone? Why? Was there an incident or something?

If you guys run off all of the conservative posters, you end up with an echo chamber. Then what the heck are you left D&D'ing? If that's the goal, I'll check out too. I doubt I'll have much interest after the election anyway.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member

or you could have solid takes and not have to leave like a baby when you get called out for it.
    sack up or get out

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

11. CometsWin

We've already seen conservative posters checking out. We saw the same thing after the disastrous W presidency. They know what's coming.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member

you blew that dude out nice job

ElPigto likes this.
  13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

wait... I did not get blown. If I did, it was a waste of $5.

Seriously, did something happen w/ O's? Or has he just not come around? I gotta admit most of the threads look uninteresting at the moment, except the Hunter laptop thread. And I've self banned myself from creating any so don't look for any 'gems' from me.

Here's my biggest delimma :
    When the election is called, will it be a spike the football moment or hand it to the ref and act like I've been there before?

Or if in the off chance that there's massive election fraud and Biden wins, do I congratulate or throw a 4 year hissy, demanding impeachment day one? I like the sound of the second option, but it wasn't very classy the way you guys did it and I'm not sure I can improve on it. But that's like dreaming about if I win the lotto. I think I'm dealing with the football analogy. Say...you guys are watching the poles right???

edit: I just looked at the thread title. Sorry for going way off topic. I was responding to my name being mentioned by someone.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member

i will read your post soon but i wasnt talking about you. i like you actually for some reason.
    it was that turd tomstro guy that i wasnt goimg to bother with then comets win blew him out anyway

B@ffled likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It really depends on facts on the ground matching your narrative. If your narrative says that Biden won based on voter fraud and there is not any substantial substance behind the accusation then you'll just look like a cooky consipracy theorist idiot.

ElPigto likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

No lil Pump in the thread?

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A related piece on how Trump uses masculinity.
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/..._7_juW-LXE8VZ9BwMKATXwNIS_x0WX-qBS3r59WPFmWng

Trump has weaponized masculinity as president. Here's why it matters
    Danielle Kurtzleben
    October 28, 2020 7:57 a.m.

When President Donald Trump was released from the hospital after being treated for COVID-19, he had a prescription for how Americans could handle the coronavirus.

"Don't let it dominate you. Don't be afraid of it," he said in a video from the White House. The apparent idea: that the coronavirus, which has killed at least 225,000 people in the U.S., could be wrestled into submission.

The way Trump has sold strength as a key part of fighting the virus is echoed by supporters. Garland Thompson was in the cheering crowd gathered outside Walter Reed National Military Medical Center when Trump left the hospital. I asked him how worried about Trump's health he was. He said he wasn't.

"He's a vibrant man. He's strong. This man, he looks stronger than Biden. Let's admit it," Thompson said.

Trump's overt hypermasculinity was a defining feature of his candidacy in 2016, whether he was talking about his testosterone count or his penis size or shrugging off the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which he talked about committing sexual assault as "locker room talk." That macho approach went on to define his presidency as well.

His opponents know it, too, and they're trying to turn this key piece of his political success into a vulnerability. The anti-Trump Lincoln Project has made multiple ads taking aim at Trump's manhood.

"Even Fox said you were low-energy," a woman purrs in one ad about the Republican convention's TV ratings. "We know. It's different now. You're tired. It's hard to keep your [meaningful pause] ratings up."

Of course, masculinity is interwoven with presidential politics; all American presidents have been men, as have all major-party nominees, save one. Trump didn't create this atmosphere, and he's not the only one who benefits from it, either — so does Joe Biden. It has boosted and busted the fortunes of presidents.

However, Trump has been blatant about amping up his particular, aggressive and pugilistic brand of masculinity. After four years, that machismo has manifested itself in seemingly every area of his presidency. And it matters — it has potential political and even policy impacts that may last well beyond his tenure in office.

‘Carry a purse with that mask’
    Trump and some of his high-profile supporters often portray mask-wearing as a sign of weakness. He mocked Biden in the first debate for wearing a mask, and Trump implied at one point that to wear one publicly would be to give in: "I didn't want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it."

Conservative commentator Tomi Lahren was more explicit in linking masks to gender, joking that Biden "might as well carry a purse with that mask."

In the past, men have been less likely to adopt all sorts of public health measures, like wearing seat belts and helmets, as The New York Times reported. But Trump did not fight this mindset; instead, he continually questioned the effectiveness of masks, despite his own administration's guidelines promoting them.

As the president, with constant media attention, he has enormous messaging power to encourage mask-wearing, or discourage it. As it stands, Republicans are less likely than Democrats to believe masks are effective, or to say they wear masks.

There was another approach Trump could have taken, says Meredith Conroy, professor of political science at California State University.

"There was a way to make wearing a mask masculine, a different type of masculinity, about protecting other people and being patriotic," she said. "But that's not the type of masculinity that Trump has really ever embodied. So it probably was never going to happen."
    more at link

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. CometsWin

If Biden wins the Presidency we're just going to call everything yall say a fake news hoax and that you hate America and that you have Biden Derangement Syndrome. #fringe

19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

In other words, business as usual.

IBTL likes this.
  20. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

@CometsWin many thanks for you putting in the work to find the statistics. Well done.

DVauthrin, IBTL and CometsWin like this.