1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats 2020 Los Asterisk Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Oct 27, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Enjoy you half season COVID reduced award. The irony is that their championship is truly the asterisk one. Suck it LA.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And now it comes out Turner tested positive... and was pulled in the 8th inning? This is weird.

3. adoo

adoo Member

it's be more weird had the Rays won tonite. Chances are that more Dodgers, and possibly more rays, may test positive, rendering them unable to field a full team for game 7

4. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Apparently his test was inconclusive yesterday. Got new samples today and ran it again. When it came back positive, MLB called LA and told them to pull Turner. I wonder if he was told, sorry can't celebrate. And not everyone was wearing masks during the celebration. Too bad no game 7, would have been interesting to see what would have happened. Two week delay? Taxi squad plays for the World Series lol

5. SemisolidSnake

Never, never, never let anyone get away with saying this Dodgers win in this season counts. Had the Astros won, that would absolutely be the narrative. Go and do likewise.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah he wasn't

7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Can't say it was that bad for us. For as hurt as we were the team stuck it out proud of our guys. As for entire season, LA and the series, yea no one REALLY watched. No one REALLY cared. Trust me, even fans that hate us will look back at this season/chip and say "yea but" very similiar to ours which seems very fitting that it happened to LA. Oh and no parade....

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pulling Snell when he was locked in like that, with a low pitch count, was idiotic. I know that's the way TB has rolled, but in all likelihood, it cost them a game 7.

Anyway, LA is stacked...

Even so, after watching the Series, I'm convinced that had we stayed healthy, the Astros would have been Champions again. (No doubt)

For now though, the Dodgers can bask in the glow of their ironical asterisk.

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Astros should be the last fan base calling a season asterisk. Like the last.

gatsby and RunninRaven like this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Very Hinch-esque. Cost them big time. I would be furious as a Rays fan.

12. conquistador#11

They did this to snell in game six vs Hou. Manager didn't learn his lesson then. Doyers don't win without Betts, a cheater. Unless one believes the Boston video staffer was recording feed for his own personal enjoyment.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I remember when he made that move in game 6...I laughed. It worked for him then, but still.

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Why? For doing the same thing everyone else did but being scapegoated? Wake up man

15. msn

msn Member

Why congratulate the dodgers? F the dodgers. The last thing I wanted was see those turds and that entitled fan base celebrating a WS win, regardless of whether anyone endows it with a stupid asterisk. And, speaking of that, **** asterisks. I don't believe in stupid ****ing asterisks. No asterisk for Maris. No asterisk for the Astros. Stupidest BS in the history of sports. Asterisks are for babies and losers who wish their team or favorite player would have gotten what someone else got. The dodgers won it in 2020. Bully for them. Here's the only asterisk I'm willing to give them: **** the dodgers.

16. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It is so heartwarming that we are back to letting the richest team win via the brilliant move of [checks notes] signing someone for $365MM.

houseofglass21 and msn like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that culture never ended.

banzai and Nook like this.
  18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Put this on a billboard. Well said.

T for 3 likes this.
  19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The Anaheim Angels laugh at your post.

20. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The existence of moronic billionaires is not evidence that the playing field is level

boomboom and msn like this.