1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

The Multicultural Male Coalition That Could Give Trump Four More Years

“Today my friends in Atlanta (black) saw a Facebook message from their old barber (black) imploring them all to vote for [President Donald] Trump. Don’t think that Trump’s message doesn’t resonate with a certain sector of black men. Also, barbers have a lot of sway in the black community.”

Blow’s alarm comes from the realization that this new voting bloc — a young, multicultural male coalition — might not be traditionally conservative, but on account of the progressive left’s post-2016 stance on masculinity, definitely won’t be voting democratic if they vote at all. The size of this coalition is not yet known, but if the polls showing Trump drawing support with Hispanics and slightly increasing approval among African-Americans are accurate, we might already have the answer — large enough to play a significant role in the election. The upcoming election will be won on the margins, and if this multicultural male coalition shows up and votes, there’s no doubt who they’ll be pulling the lever for—Trump.

The responses to Blow’s Twitter warning range from disbelief to outright rage, but what these hardcore progressives are really saying is, “Why? How can this be? Aren’t all minorities and people of color on our side?”

The race-essentialist line of thinking that has taken over the Democratic Party in which race determines worldview and political affiliation — and everything else for that matter — leaves one blind to other traits and beliefs that play a significant role in constituting a person’s identity. In this case, they missed what is painfully obvious to anyone who isn’t blinded by race obsession: most men, irrespective of color or creed, think of themselves as traditionally masculine. The political awakening of young men of color, then, can be traced to the media’s treatment of white Americans, and more specifically, white men, after Trump’s victory in 2016. Unable to look inward and reassess as to why they’d completely misread what was going on in the country, the media and its acolytes in the Democratic establishment needed a villainous scapegoat in order to explain the catastrophic failure of understanding that had delivered the final blow of obsolescence to the expert class. The new narrative was as quickly constructed as it was lacking in nuance: white Americans, seeped and soaked in white rage and white privilege, wanted to take the country back to its racist past.

“Toxic masculinity,” a new catchphrase that had escaped academia and taken root in the demented Internet hive-mind, was added to the mix, and the post-2016 explanation was set in stone: white men, who suffer from toxic masculinity more than other men — due to the weakness of their whiteness, of course — were specifically to blame for Trump and the rest of the country’s ills. If you were online during this time, I don’t have to remind you that for months on end, a steady stream of articles and essays and tedious explainers were published on a near-daily basis by mainstream outlets.

In short, the idea behind toxic masculinity is simple: traditional conception of masculinity, even in its most benign facets, is at the root of all civilizational rot — men must be rehabilitated, lest they continue ruining the country and the planet. The mainstreaming of this narrative cleared the way for what would become a full-on assault on masculinity and the cultural uprisings that followed. There was the rise of the well-intentioned Me Too movement and the overreach of said movement; the derangement of the Kavanaugh hearings, in which anything said by a woman, no matter how unbelievable it may sound, was to be believed.

And on top of all of this, the media landscape, academia, the corporate world, and other institutions which had been feminizing and increasingly catering to an effete woke mindset, accelerated their efforts in creating spaces devoid of men and masculinity. All of this cultural engineering was framed as a way to remove toxically masculine white men from positions of cultural and political power, but once again, the expert class was blind to a major unintended consequence of all their maneuvering: young men of color started to catch wind that this anti-white male hate would soon come for them. What had started as a project to get rid of those evil white men had transformed into a war against masculinity itself.

The Aziz Ansari case, in which the comedian/actor was pilloried and Me-Too’d for what was essentially a bad date, signaled to men of color that they weren’t going to be exempt from the anti-masculinity crusade on account of their POC status. This was a huge problem for men of color — specifically African-American men — as they’ve historically been the greatest victims of false rape accusations.

Much ink was spilled during this time by cultural critics and blue-check experts on the masculinity scourge that must be eliminated, but the “toxic masculinity” narrative was codified when, in early 2019, the American Psychological Association released a document stating that “traditional masculinity ideology” often negatively affected the mental and physical well-being of young men — the APA, shockingly, had said the quiet part out loud.

The cultural engineers declared victory, completely unaware that a multicultural male coalition had been watching and coalescing. These young men who grew up online and attended the institutions that first cultivated and disseminated this anti-masculinity ideology were the same young men I was encountering on my rambles around Miami—the very same men Blow fears might now vote for Trump.

Is this demographic of young multicultural men the new “hidden Trump voter” that might deliver him a victory? Blow, and others in his cohort, seem to think it a distinct possibility.

Even if the Me Too movement hadn’t gone off the rails and if the APA hadn’t pathologized traditional masculinity, young men of color were already drifting toward the right anyway, if at a less accelerated rate. For years now, the Democratic Party has rejected any masculine sensibility in favor of a gung-ho girl power aesthetic that caters strictly to the highly feminized, whether male or female. The Democratic National Convention was the apotheosis of this progressive feminization, a four-day event that resembled a weepy all-girl sleepover more than a political function. I was half-expecting Joe Biden to give his convention speech wearing a dress, but mercifully the old coot was allowed to wear a traditionally masculine and toxic suit.

All this to say that the Democratic Party is now the party of women and those who identify with the overly feminine sensibility. There’s nothing wrong with this being your cup of tea, of course, but Democrats shouldn’t be surprised when young men of all stripes are turned off by a party that is completely devoid of any masculine energy.

This is obvious to anyone who has ever associated with young Hispanic and African-American men, but as the Democratic Party is run by ultra-white and woke coastal elites who only ever pander to, but never actually associate with people of color—especially men—let me spell it out for them: Black and Hispanic young men, most of whom don’t reside in progressive coastal cities, are traditionally masculine and do not respond to the overly feminine posturing found in progressive circles. To most men of color, traditional masculinity isn’t a toxic ideology, or, for that matter, an ideology at all, but simply the natural order of things. They think and behave like men because it is what’s demanded of them and what it is necessary for survival in the real world. To tell a young man of color living in the inner city that his way of thinking is toxic is to place him in peril, as his survival depends not on buzzwords or the tampering down of his masculinity, but on signaling masculine strength when confronted by a world that is not beholden to the passive-aggressive femininity of elite cultural spaces.

It’s an open question as to whether young men of color will turn out for Trump, but if the Republican National Convention was any indication, the Republican Party is making a play for their vote. Much has been said of the convention’s America-is-great message, but what was played up almost as much, whether intentionally or not, was the power and virtue of traditional masculinity.

#1 HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. HardenVolumeOne

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weird flex but OK

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

There are dumb people in all walks of life.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can idiots like OP just give it up already. Trump will get crushed when it comes to the black vote. Enough of this nonsense

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is actually a thing, there are men of color who likes Trumps Machismo and also like to be contrarian, especially blacks in the barbershop.

But what this article leaves out is those people don't usually vote and it's not enough to actually drive voters to the poll and it turns off many more people than it attracts.

Also there is a whole lot of grifting going on by being the black who is checking for Trump, especially since anybody can make money from Youtube.

HP3, malakas, fchowd0311 and 5 others like this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There is about 4 of them. In total.

Rashmon, HP3 and MrBear1 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its amazing who is coming out of the woodwork and what they think is actually a thing to promote.

HP3 and Corrosion like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More power to them.

I doubt Trump is for their interests tho.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump going for that Lil Pump demographic.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I applaud those guys for learning how to make some bank off of Trump. Being a black Trump supporter is one sure-fire way to get your social media channel off the ground.

HP3, malakas, fchowd0311 and 6 others like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously if there's 329 million Americans and 130 million of them are non-white or latino - it's not that hard to find millions of Trump fans there for your news articles even if that group breaks hard against Trump. 130 million people is....a lot of people!

HP3, DaDakota, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Cool.

I encourage everyone/anyone to vote for the candidate they want.

Trump has done better with young blacks (under 30) than in 2016, and the same is true with Hispanics.

Trump is also doing better with white males than in 2016.

The problem is that Trump is horrendous with ALL women..... doesn't matter if they are rich, poor, educated, uneducated or white or black.

Overall he is doing substantially worse than 2016 because he is by far the worst major candidate in US Presidential history with women.

Jayzers_100, daywalker02, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. If you think Black Men under 35 are going for Trump...I have a house with a bad foundation that I need to sell and you would be the PERFECT owner for it! Just needs a little work! A Sucker is born every minute!

I will even Paint MAGA on it to make you feel at home!

HP3 and Rocket River like this.
  15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

The Biden campaign immediately rebuked his endorsement and essentially told him screw off. I have yet to see Trump do the same with the seedier people who endorse him

HakeemOnlyFan and HP3 like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

On that, Spencer said it's because Trump turned out to not be 'collectivist.' It doesn't really have anything to do with Biden; he just hates Trump.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Maybe black conservatives are the real “woke” people in our country. I hate that term, woke. I think it’s stupid. However, if you’re gonna use it, you might as well use it right. College kids from the suburbs, who suffer from white guilt, are not woke. Also, the peer pressure to be a liberal is relentless in many University settings. We see it in high schools too as many kids who wear trump gear are bullied. I know, I remember how uncool it was to be a conservative in college. Woke is the opposite of what happens on most college campuses. Nobody wants to be called a racist, and for many brainwashed leftists, republican = racist. Incredibly stupid but thats how they are taught to think. So, it’s no wonder why a lot of young people and insecure people flock to the left.

Biden actually said “if you don’t vote for me you aren’t black”

that is so unbelievably racist. And what does he base it on? We all know he didn’t want his kids going to school in a “racial jungle”.

Black people have their own minds, Joe. They can vote for whoever they want just like white people, Joe. They don’t have to vote for someone simply because they are black and Joe thinks he knows what black people should think, feel, and do. Unreal racism right there.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

why though?

Corrosion likes this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Corrosion likes this.