1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next years team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Oct 25, 2020.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

This is the team I hope we go with next season

Ibaka(MLE) - Len(Min) - Biyombo(Min)
    Tucker - Jeff Green(Min)- Moute(Min)
    Covington - House - Xavier Cooks(Min)
    Harden - Gordon - McLemore - Gerald Green(Min)
    Westbrook - Ferrell(Min)

Getting Ibaka to agree to the MLE & Jeff Green to the minimum is definitely the hard part.
    But I hope we can get it done.
    Or find the best replacements we can

Also Australian Xavier Cooks I think has the perfect game to complement our team and could be a great addition.

Moahst likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

i agree that we Ibaka (and even Len in backup role) does a ton for us. I really want a backup pg that is more pg skill oriented after that. Rubio would be fine IMO.

bmelo likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

is that championship that i smell?

B-Bob and J.R. like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sooo no
    Pg -lin chinahearts
    Sg -harden
    Sf covington
    Pf tucker
    C - some 5'4 dishwasher or busser Tilman found @ Landry's that will play for tips+minimum wage?

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Awfully bold of you to assume there will be a next year.

BallSoHarden and CK Johnson like this.
  6. HROZ

HROZ Member

He makes $18 million a year
    And is signed with the Suns

This is a look at what is the best team we can put on the court with hopefully realistic contracts.

Ferrell wouldn't be in the rotation just a backup incase of injury

Rotation
    Ibaka
    Tucker Green
    Covington House
    Harden Gordon.
    Westbrook

Then in case of injuries
    Len
    Moute
    Cooks
    McLemore
    Ferrell

Green's versatility is important here. And his love for the Rockets.
    And Biyombo is there as I think we don't want Tucker / Green playing too many mins at C in the regular season.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You guys need to re up on your contract expectation. Ibaka is set to make anywhere like 4-5 years at 100 million. So you thinking hes gonna sign here for MLE, money should put the pipe down. Len makes big money already. Rockets are doomed bro. This is exactly why morey peaced out.

BallSoHarden and Highlyrated like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Realistically Many G Leaguers are going to try out for the 13,14,15 spots on the rosters, Clemons, Frasier could be replaced.

fattz likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Astros Players Showing Real Leadership in Controversial Times.
    Carlos Correa, George Springer, Jose Altuve, Martin Maldonado. So many other Players on the Astros have real Leaders.

Even the Coaching Staff with Baker, Strom, Cintron.

Jim Crane has done a Excellent job so Far.

Polar Opposite are the Rockets Owner, Staff, Players are all Below Average Standard.

While the Rockets Top Players are Showboaters and Fashion Disasters.

The Rockets Whole Coaching Staff is Yes Men to Harden and Westbrook it seems like.

The Whole Culture needs to Change.
    The Team needs a full Rebuild through the Draft. And a Young Bright Coaching Staff.

giddyup, Highlyrated and Le$$ like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I feel bad for the team that pays Ibaka 80/100 million now that he's 31 (if not 33)...imo it's not happening, although i guess you never know, Philly just gave that kind of money to Horford (which btw is still the better player).

With that said, i do agree that i don't see him sign for the MLE, although i'm not sure how many teams can pay him and giving him the starting spot, very few if i had to guess, maybe Harden and Westbrook can make up for those 3/5 million per season i expect him to make.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  11. HROZ

HROZ Member

That's definitely the contract i consider unrealistic.

But Ibaka is perfect for us.
    Can switch onto perimeter players
    Post defend
    Shoot the 3

Not sure there's another C like that out there

Baynes can do 2 of those and I think he's probably the more realistic option for MLE.
    But our switch everything defence might've seen its last days then.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I also think it could be time to rebuild for us, i have pretty much zero faith in this core at this point, it's not just about talent, it takes more than that to win...but a little bit of hope is always there because well, you never know, the Nowitzki Mavs for example were considered contenders for many years and they always chocked, but after few season, when everyone stopped talking about them, they had a great run and won against the Heat so...but yeah, i just don't see it.

The only problem/fear i have in this scenario is, who's going to handle the rebuild, the wheeling and dealing? Tilman? Lol. Would've loved to see Daryl handle that kind of process for once.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Harden. Russ. EG. Roco. Tucker. House. McLemore. Gerald Green.

Jeff Green
    Jeff Teague
    Nerlens Noel
    Markieff Morris

Thats 12 deep. Need the right coach too.

Obviously I’d much prefer Ibaka, Gallo, Grant, Wood but I don’t see any of those being realistic acquisitions. So even though not a huge fan of any of their games, a veteran point guard, and a couple big men for minimums ain’t bad. Would like to add another big man as well, any veteran for the minimum, but I don’t think we’re going to be a destination for guys like McGee and Howard so maybe try a Euro player or something.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well here hoping that rockets can at least get Baynes at 3 year 21 Million $ Deal.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Exactly, once you realize Daryl isnt going to be heading the rebuilding process, you realize that the future looks very bleak. This pathetic, loser moron is going to take this franchise to the toilet.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Something tells me he already did.

Not to look like more of the fan(boy) of Morey i am, but i always liked to read and learn stuff about trades, players value etc, and i would bet my ass Daryl has always been on top when it comes to make good trades in term of value, and asset managment, suddenly, after Tilman bought the team, he started to make bad trades in terms of value (although to be fair i wouldn't count the Westbrook trade here cause i'm sure Harden had a big influence in that move too), throwing around picks to dump money etc so, for me that's not a coincidence.

BHannes2BHonest, Corrosion and HP3 like this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hate to burst the bubble here but there is no way to keep the team together and add an MLE player AND stay under the tax.

the cap/tax is expected to drop by $3M-$12M next year. We've got roughly $131M committed in 10 players (if Austin opts in and we pick upclemons' options) with a best case tax line at $136M. that leaves about $5M remaining under the tax with another 4 roster spots to fill.

So no ibaka for TMLE, no Baynes or noel for NTMLE. Just vet minimums. that's BEST CASE!

now worst case scenario is a tax line between $127-128M. we've still got $131M committed with 4 empty roster spots to fill. again, forget signing anyone to more than the minimum, and start looking to move house, gordon, and whatever picks we have left for a rotation players making <$12M (like nance, satoranki, etc...)

under the worst case scenario tax line, if you want to clear enough space under the tax to spend the NTMLE on ibaka we'd have to basically dump gordon's entire contract. would a team with that much cap space take him on for 4 years? and would they do it for our last remaining draft pick? probably not.

bottom line is our offseason will likely be: moving house and gordon and taking back less salary, then signing players to the minimum. I'd be very interested to see people coming up with trades that make us better under these parameters.

#17 smoothie, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I agree Eric Gordon and Danuel House need to be traded for Frontcourt Players.

Highlyrated likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...of-trades-how-much-did-they-help-the-rockets/ This article basically confirms almost everything you are saying. The only thing we differ on is I would count that Westbrook trade. Well..I would only discount it if James did a "him or me" move. And I doubt that....well at least I dont think so. But thats just me lol.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is why I like Nance. 90th percentile in rebounding (much needed). 92nd percentile in finishing at the rim (provides a roll man for harden). 96th percentile in steals, and that includes guards! he can rotate onto the perimeter and play the passing lanes. force turnovers and help run get out on the break. 36% from 3 and 42% from the corners (can spread the floor for rus). he's better from the corners than PJ who led the league in corner makes. the drawback is he doesn't provide rim protection as a shot blocker or size as a defensive anchor (6'7").

House also fits into the Cavs TPE so that gordon/nance can be done straight up, but as a total deal it would save us enough to duck the tax under the worst case tax line. Patrick will throw as many remaining picks at the Cavs as needed to make it happen.

this would give us a 4/5 rotation of roco-nance with PJ subbing for both off the bench. maybe we sign a center with size for the minimum. we'd still need a starting SF and would only have vet mins to offer.

under a best case tax line this deal would move us under the tax enough to spend nearly (but not all) of the NTMLE.