1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shut up and pick a coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 23, 2020.

1. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

lol! That is so funny. But you never know.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What op did I c it

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I’m putting my chips on Mark Meadows.

4. rockets13champs

Middle of the night is the worst time Bc everyone got radio time to talk about it but it’s nba news it won’t be talked by any Monday morning radio except for maybe a few mins

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Pretty blanket opinion/judgement. Proove me wrong with facts? Do we not have a perrenial contender? Have we not made deep runs in the playoffs? Do we not have a perrenial mvp candidate? Did I imagine all of this? Are we really the laughing stock of the nba?
    I have no doubt Tillman is a cheap owner and will look to save money but what am I being delusional about on terms of the teams success and about no reports of anyone turning down a chance to be interviewed by them. Really curious to know facts

7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I would argue that
    I would argue that no one but the rockets came close to beating a kd led warrior team and had the rockets played the same warrior roster that the raptors played for the entire series then rockets would have won the championship or atleast played in one, year before that if cp doesn't get hurt I think same results would have been seen.

TBar and D-rock like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course he is trying to lowball. It’s called negotiating.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The CP3 story is old and a thing of the past.

We are talking about the now and the only thing perennial is Harden and the change of personnel (coach and GM this year).

Perennial flux.

10. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Tildo is waiting on JVG. Big decision for Jeff to walk away from broadcast which pays well and way less work than coaching.

Maybe a good thing to get player input and maybe Jeff has told Tildo you need to spend some money to assemble the team I need to compete!

Here’s hoping!

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Trying to calculate and negotiate exactly how many Landry's coupons you can pay a coach in takes time. Be patient.

D-rock likes this.
  12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Other teams already filling out their assistant staffs and we still haven't even hired a HC yet lol

D-rock, Fiah and Deckard like this.
  13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone is looking at KA as the main story but Dan Craig was one of Spo's assistants with Miami Heat that was responsible for implementing their new offensive scheme.

And Craig is very familiar with Spo's defensive system as well as he has been with Heat for 17 years starting as intern video assistant, like Spo.

Heat are renown for developing diamond in the rough players and it seems that will be case for their assistant coaches as well.

Another assistant, Chris Quinn, is who I was hoping Rockets would poach. Quinn was instrumental in developing Herro, Duncan and Nunn this season.

DJ is going to be a force sooner than later too.

And keep an eye on Chris Silva and KZ Okpala next season.

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

This makes too much sense.

But when it comes to the Fertittas you can throw common sense out the window.