1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets should trade Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

When we first traded for Russ we hoped that we could at least make a finals run .There were doubts at first if his game and harden could mesh in the court .After studying and analyzing this rockets team and looking up the stats, the truth is the he’s not an efficient fit and rockets should trade him if they cannot somehow make a move that moves the needle per se. There's several reasons why I say to trade him;

1). He is not very efficient, we all know that he has no 3-point shot (26%), which causes his defender to drag away from him to double team other players. Also he’s highly inconsistent and when you take into account that over half of his 2point fg attempts are at the rim ,which are easy shots like layups and dunks he only shoots or make them at 51%,which means he could average 60%on layups but his 2 point shot would be around 40-41%.When comparing his player efficiency rating to others in the league he ranked 34th, harden was 2nd below Giannis .In the estimated wins added category, he ranked 22th overall ,while harden ranked 1st.

2)He’s overpaid (salary 40 million),when you take into account that he’s the top2 highest paid basketball player but his player efficiency rating is only 34th and wins added to a team he ranked 22nd.Then he’s really a negatively value to your team. Rockets need to trade him and extract as much value as you can, harden needs to understand that Russ is more of a hindrance to this team that an asset.

I do remember that there was chatter about rockets going for Embid and trading russ, for reference Embid ranks 9th in player efficiency rating, they definitely need to consider him if 76ers open up about a trade . My prediction is that Russ gets traded within 16 months,I also heard that rockets wanted Noel ,man Noel doesn’t move the needle much ,the rockets are in a tough position, the only way I see they can make a run whith the current core is if somehow they add an impact player like wood who is tied for 19th in PER.

All stats were from espn Hollinger statistics of the 2019-20 season.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yes, this is common knowledge. But Harden will not accept this.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! Trade him while his value is at its lowest! Not when he is averaging 30 on absurd percentages!

Genius!

4. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

True ,but if I'm the gm I bypass harden and get embid,I would tell harden to trust the process,lmaooooo, no but seriously I would tell him straight up ,look man when u retire nobody going to care how many mvps u got all they will ask is if u won a championship, embid gives us a better chance.plus hes cheaper on salary so we can sign additional player.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Russell Westbrook for Duncan Robinson.

Miami will say no, Duncan is younger and better.

Sanctity likes this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Miami wants Russell Westbrook, but
    Pat Riley always lowballs in trades.

Highlyrated likes this.
  7. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Tell me his playoff splits vs the Lakers genious

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The stats don't lie but just 2 seasons ago he could score anywhere against the Rockets and the Thunder won some of those amazing match ups more often than not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

no we need to keep turtle for when we trade beard for yannis.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No team wants Russ. If we did find someone willing to take him, we would not get an Embiid-level player in return. We would get meh players with bad contracts.

Gray_Jay, Dacamel, fattz and 2 others like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

there was no chatter from anybody credible talking about Embiid...just because randos said it on Twitter doesn’t mean it was real

Embiid for Russ is not even worth thinking about because it’s not even close to being realistic.

CF always thinks teams will take our trash and give us something good in return...u see it with the EG trade proposals all the time

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

Highlyrated likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

They definitely should.

But they won't.

Highlyrated and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can we have another 10 threads on how to treat the remains of Westbrook?

Highlyrated and Sep11ie like this.
  15. Victorious

Victorious Member

Before covid russ was playing some of his most efficient ball of his career. I'm not giving up on him yet

hakeem94, BHannes2BHonest and Plowman like this.
  16. blackistan

blackistan Member

I almost didn’t see the ‘should’ in the title and got super excited...damn

17. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Westbrook can’t shoot, turnover prone, terrible free throw, take games off to rest injury.

Get rid of him and get someone who is a great shooter and is very consistent. It’s that simple. We need to save money by getting rid of useless player.

Highlyrated likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I counted 2 months but he had 1 or 2 years of his worst ball with OKC especially in the Playoffs.

Highlyrated likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden does not want his friend traded from the team.

It is that simple. These threads are pretty pointless. People would be better served spending time on Eric Gordon and/or Danuel House trades.

BamBam, IvanLCPM and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  20. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Use the random trades thread dummy.