1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2020.

1. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Cavan Biggio would be a Dream acquisition.
    To play LF only. I would offer them McCullers and some prospects to see where there at.
    But again doubtfully he is avalaible.

everyday eddie and lw17 like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I assumed he'd hit 2nd because of his speed.

Since we're dreamcasting:

Bregman
    Brantley
    Correa
    Alvarez
    Altuve
    Tucker
    Yuli
    CF, LHB
    Machete

whiskeyred likes this.
  3. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't know where else to put this so...

JUST LIKE THAT THE DODGERS CHOKE AWAY GAME 4!!!!

Jansen once again showing himself to be a clown in the postseason. Gave up the game-tying hit to a guy that hits below the mendoza line with 2 strikes! (And also, dude shave your head, that **** is disgusting, it's worse than Fiers' beard.)

2 errors on the final play, with some Gary Sanchez work by Will Smith. Queue dodgers players, managers, and fans whining that the Rays cheated by putting pressure on with their baserunners and Arozarena not waiting for them to retrieve the ball before scoring. How rude of those mean ole Rays.

The reaction by Dave Roberts in the dugout. Priceless. Literally warms my heart. Go fck yourself Dave Roberts. Go fck yourself Cody Bellinger. Go fck yourself Chris Taylor. Go fck yourself Kenley Jansen. Go fck yourself Joe Kelly. Go fck yourself Justin Turner. Go Fck yourself Mookie Betts. Go fck yourself Corey Seager. Go fck yourself Keke Hernandez. Go fck yourself Dodgers fans everywhere.

Keep it up Rays, as much as it pains me to root for you, seeing the Dodgers blow it provides something more than catharsis. There isn't a word to describe the deep feeling of satisfaction and balance it provides to the universe.

The tears taste as sweet as lemonade.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Don't rag on former Astro top prospect Brett Phillips's looks. He came through for my backup team.

6. bobrek

And this is where you should put this

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.ph...scussion-la-dodgers-vs-tampa-bay-rays.307886/

Sep11ie, raining threes and STR8Thugg like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

No Kenley Jansen!!!!! Did you see his F-ing hair?! Its reprehensible...

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a classic WS game! Go TB!

If only we could have won one of those first two...smashing balls all over the yard but right at guys. OOOOOH...That series could have easily gone our way! Can't help thinking "What if" watching the WS.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

**** would it be sweet if TB could win tomorrow and Monday

Plowman, cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  10. awc713

awc713 Member

I mean...LAD deserved to lose that game, Jansen sat down on the mound and watched the last play happen instead of backing up Catcher...if he backs up the Catcher, who knows how that game ends.

lw17 likes this.
  11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Nah... If Jansen did back up the play he would have been in line with the throw on the 3rd base side of home. The ball hit the up and went towards the 1st base dugout. He would have still scored.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

If Jansen is backing up, maybe Muncy doesn’t slightly botch the throw, or if Jansen is backing up, maybe he’s able to to tell LAD Catcher that they have the runner dead on the ground. Based on the Catcher’s swipe catch attempt, it’s clear that he did not know that Randy was a dead out waiting to happen. Just pointing out that it was outright bad baseball, and with the butterfly effect, you never know, but LAD deserved to lose. I’m not saying they lost solely because Jansen failed to backup, but they did lose partially due to sloppiness which he played a role in.

#192 awc713, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

If the Rockies decide to rebuild or shed payroll, I wonder if Charlie Blackmon might be a fit for Houston, if they include Jon Gray or prospects with him. He is owed $55M/3yrs, and has been fairly mediocre over the last couple seasons. But he is still a capable bat and fine everyday corner OF. Jon Gray and Blackmon for a couple 2nd tier pitching prospects might work for both sides.

#193 Snake Diggit, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Nippystix and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. bobrek

Your point of him being able to communicate the fact that Arozarena fell down is spot on.

awc713 likes this.
  15. bobrek

He has a history...

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Check out Blackmons road splits and tell me you want to be paying him that much money for his 34-36 seasons. It would be a pretty easy choice to just give that money to Brantley. I think Gray could really benefit from leaving Denver, but not that much to take Blackmon's contract.

If for whatever reason we can't resign either Springer or Brantley, it probably means the financial belt is really f**king tight. We might have to settle for flyer guys like Cespedes and Marisnick then possibly check the market at the deadline.

raining threes and Snake Diggit like this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

What about the previous years? Lol. If I recall correctly, he wasn't great prior to 2020 either.

Edit : Just looked at the stats. 4.7 Era in 2019, 2.35 Era his rookie year in 2018. More 2018 plz.

lw17 likes this.
  19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

This is a good point. And looking at his spray charts, MMP wouldn’t do him any favors. Anyway, as much as I fantasize about trades that address multiple needs, that’s not the type of move I expect from Click. The type of young players I mentioned in post 157 in this thread are far more likely.

In a way, this offseason could be like Luhnow’s 2012, where his knowledge from working in two orgs in the previous year combined with unique external circumstances to give him an advantage. In Luhnow’s case, it was the 2012 draft being set up in a way to allow bonus manipulation in order to acquire talent below value. In Click’s case, it is the pandemic throwing the scouting data and financial calculations into chaos, making “double access” to information more valuable.

raining threes likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

This. He's incredibly mediocre outside of Coors, and he's a mediocre to bad OF in any park.