1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump - Biden Debate Part Deaux...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Oct 18, 2020.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Polls like this are hilarious.. You can’t compare someone using their mineral rights to land to get the minerals (liquid, air or solid) out of it to the US Government doing the same.

Who the heck is gonna pay for this asinine AOC green deal? Is the family that makes a combined income between $50k to $250k gonna pay 50% of their salary in taxes? No ****ing way.

ROXRAN likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Poll have corrected not separately sampling non college white men so that error should be gone

Nook and HP3 like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Uh huh..... it's always someone's else fault with you Bernie bros.

Warren also sucks at politics and campaigning, but she's much better at putting together legislation, more knowledgeable and better at running government. I preferred someone already working for change within the party instead of some Independent who became a Democrat out of need.

Fortunately I don't fall in love with candidates and become attached like you Bernie Bros. Warren's time is up so good bye, but you're still crying about poor ole bernie.

Bernie was instrumental in bringing progressive ideals to their forefront, but he's just a mouthpiece and shouldn't get close to being the president (he's better suited to be a governor of a small state). Hopefully some progressive will figure it out but you people can't help but trip over your own dicks while you aren't cannibalizing each other.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine fracking is a big part of PA's economy.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Disagree. He's too volatile and uncontrolled. I do not want him having nuclear codes. Its dangerous.

IBTL likes this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

I want to belittle what Obama did, but that's because your original reply was claiming he was cooking with grease. He was not. I mean, I personally worked in O&G, never heard a single shred of excitement from Obama doing these things, how it was going to turn Houston into the next LA.

I honestly don't know why you're digging your own grave here... During the whole of COVID, since I have family in Houston, I was paying attention to how these candidates were treating the industries...

FYI, this is google-able ****. I don't know why you don't just google and find this information.

Republicans have been doing the best they can to help.
    http://priceofoil.org/2020/07/20/fo...ting-more-u-s-bailouts-than-any-other-sector/
    https://foe.org/news/gop-senators-push-fed-for-big-oil-bailout/
    https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/b...deral-covid-19-relief-money-flow-oil-industry

Here's what the Dems have done:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ew-coronavirus-bill/5ebae68988e0fa17cddf8f2c/
    https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...preclude-fossil-fuel-companies-from-receiving
    https://www.desmogblog.com/2020/03/30/bailout-oil-strategic-petroleum-reserve-covid-stimulus-package
    https://www.warren.senate.gov/overs...chin-no-bailouts-for-the-oil-and-gas-industry
    https://cheddar.com/media/senates-coronavirus-stimulus-leaves-out-billion-for-oil-sector

This is all at a political cost -- I don't know many people who are pro-O&G, even the people I know who work in O&G aren't pro-O&G. It's not popular to aim for an oil bailout.

But... What the **** does trading commodities have anything to do with anything? Try to be specific, what did Trump do and what do you disagree with?

I'm not trying to protect Trump, I hate his ****ing ass -- but it doesn't appease your hating on him for nothing. Republicans have been trying to help O&G, that's just the truth. I honestly don't know why you hate RNC so much that you can't accept they're trying to do something for O&G.

For people to look back at Obama with awe like this, whose position has become more moderate since then because of the ever-lasting polarization going on, is pretty baffling. He doesn't all of the sudden become a glorified savior of the O&G industry. And Biden doesn't get to say he's pro oil because he really isn't. He's aiming for an energy transition, absolutely no plan in place. I have many questions for Joe, he'd not have any damn answers for them.

#468 s3ts, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Vote, Vote, Vote...polls don't mean ****.

10. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

You jump from fracking regulation to AOC green deal. It's almost like black and white.

Dubious, foh and Jimmy Chase like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought you said Bernie didn't do anything.:eek::D

12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Tell me this and lets be real how do we reduce the deficit?

foh likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, do you understand how much more of a burden it is for a family with 50k in income to spend 24% of that on taxes relative to a wealthy family spending 24 percent of their income on taxes?

For the 50k family that tax burden is the difference between maybe paying all the bills on time or going into more debt. For the top 400 wealthiest its the difference between deciding on buying a 10th yacht or not.

Dubious and FrontRunner like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Dude no politician is going to accomplish what Bernie wants. You pretend he doesn't have trillion dollar industries lobbying against people like him and even AOC.

People who keep b****ing about Bernie Bros keep on ignoring that fact or they label people who call out the influence of money in politics as conspiracy theorists equivalent to Qanon.

It's so frustrating that people birch about Bernie being a "Democrat out of convenience". It's as if they rub it in your face that they enjoy this two party monopoly where no other voice outside these narrow paradigms should exist.

Dubious likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Nope, I gave Bernie credit for the overton window, but like I said he's just a mouthpiece at this point.

16. dmoneybangbang

I just don't like how unreasonable and out of touch Bernie Bros are. They can't piece together why they keep losing in spite being able to quote how many people support M4A or raising the minimum wage.

17. fchowd0311

Because they have to go against the grain of the most powerful lobbying entities on the planet? Have you ever considered that for a second rather than just being on a high horse b****ing about Bernie Bros?

Let me guess. Now I'm the same as a qanon conspiracy theorist.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So you agree Bernie is the reason progressive ideals is mainstream.. Pretty good for one guy working against 2 parties.

Nook, Hakeemtheking and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow, talk about a slap...

Nook likes this.
  20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Biden with the Hitler reference was easily the dumbest quote of the night.

the11mingdynasty likes this.